Rate my philosophy reading list

Rate my philosophy reading list

Nice one, just ditch the Jung.

philosophy of history is the only worthwhile thing you have there

should have gotten philosophy of right instead tho

Could sub him out for politics of Aristotle bro

Critique of Pure Reason ended everything else on that reading list

Its the boringest one tho

I seriously hope you started with the Greeks.

Have you read the prerequisites for these? Or are you simply diving into kant with no prior knowledge of descartes, leibniz, spinoza, locke? Hegel can come after Kant, that's fine, however you should supplement them both with critiques. Jung? I'd read jung with other psychologists, rather than philosophers.

Phenomenology of Spirit was the book that got me started, I remember clearly, everything I read was too easy and I wanted to go deeper. It's easily the most dense book, it should be thicker normally than your edition, I read in French.

Critique of Pure Reason is my favourite and theabsolute best of all time, it really holds a very special place and stands out the strongest.

After that I read French authors and decided to go back to the very beginning and read chronologically even before the trifecta of Socrates-Plato-Aristotle with Heraclitus as very first base, Anaximander, Protagoras, Zeno, Pythagoras.

Phenomenology of the Spirit is really the book that woke me up and everything thereafer in ways was made easier to understand since it's so dense.

The Will to Power is a fake fabricated by Nietzsche's sister long after he was mentally too diminished to realise what was happening to his late manuscripts.
Read said late manuscripts as is rather.

The last one is bullshit. I mean, that book doesn't exist. This Read everything else and The Antichrist (the only true Will To Power/Transvaluation of all values book).

Nice goodwill haul

Intro-tier reading list, but good luck and have fun nonetheless. Before you read the original texts, read the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy articles on each philosopher beforehand so you can be sure that you're not totally misreading them.

>Nietzsche fags on damage control

>Intro-tier reading list

For post-grad, yes.

>Hegel
Why is this board so in love with this literal garbage

Protip: Instead of reading those six books, read the "Critique of pure reason" six times.

Don't listen to this guy
Instead of wasting time on Critique, read the secondary material on Critique from six different scholars. Kant was a shit writer.

Why? Why not?

He's probably another Nietzsche fag.

Modern editions like the one edited by Kaufmann were able to correct a lot of Elisabeth's meddling. Though it shouldn't be read as a complete "work" because we don't know what Nietzsche would have included, it's undeniable that the fragments come from Nietzsche himself and are valuable in that sense.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Completely random

>reading hegel before kant before the greeks
why

Literally one of the most important philosopher ever lived. Influenced radically all 19th and 20th centuries. You're just an idiot

>continental

Alright, fair enough friend.

>Influenced radically all 19th and 20th centuries.
true
>one of the most important philosophers ever
false

The first sentence implies the other one. You can say they're both wrong ( being stupid) or accepting the truth

>Asses would prefer sweepings to gold.
(Heraclitus)

Pre-Logic.

Aristotle precipitated the need to start from the source.

"Philosophy is the fruit of astonishment."

"If you want to know the root cause of a problem, you need to go back to the source."

>The first sentence implies the other one.
No. From "someone influenced the thinking of two centuries" does not follow "he/she is one of the most important philosophers ever".
There were quite a few philosophers who influenced eight or more subsequent generations - not many of them are considered "important" nowadays. And there's a good chance Hegel might be pretty much forgotten in eight or nine centuries.

You obviously never studied philosophy in your life. "There were quite a few philosophers" vague and false. Also I think the two world wars won't be forgotten any soon.

The source is metaphysics.

Seriously boy, you're making a fool of yourself...

>It's a two anons wag their e dicks about who doesn't know philosophy more episode

Yes!