This guy is a retard

Kantbot does an interview and spends the entire interview saying "like" every 2 seconds:

youtube.com/watch?v=bNxvdbSdHtA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po
youtube.com/watch?v=me4_QwmaNoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vuKmTNGmi54
rcamasylum.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yea, what is this with Americans saying 'like' every 2 seconds? I hear exchange students doing it too, seems like they want to copy how Americans speak. Weird.

What is a kantbot?

They have ADHD and don't have the capacity to think

It's either: "Like" or: "Can you elaborate on that?"

literally who

He sounds kind of interesting actually, but what've read from him so far was too cryptic and esoteric.

He's a dumb memester

youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po

He's just a shitposter who's read enough to fool idiots into thinking he can put forward anything with substance

>He sounds kind of interesting actually,

The guy spends the entire interview giving some famous facts about Goethe and saying "like" every two seconds.

If that's interesting to you then you're a dumb goy.

I mean what he reads is interesting not what he says here

It's verbal filler. Every language has them.

Maybe you do, brainlet.

when did I become a language?

Best thing I ever did was make a conscious effort to never use words like "uh" or "like" when talking. I'm told I'm very articulate sometimes now which is weird because I speak just like everyone else just without any filler words.

this. i hardly say 'um' anymore and when i do i notice and mentally beat myself up over it.

Enjoy, bigot :)
youtube.com/watch?v=me4_QwmaNoQ

>ywn oppress this feisty qt

Also make sure you don't replace them with other fillers. It took me a while before I realized how often I say "you know", you know?

>it's a twitter / blog celebrity episode

>There are no external reasons.
>Every reason you have for doing something ultimately refers to some motivation you already possess.
>Thus every thing an agent does intentionally is ultimately because of some self interest which is necessarily the result of some already present desire within the agent.

This kills the Kantian.
This kills the Marxist.
This kills the postmodernist.

P.S.
It is advisable to focus on the content of speech instead of the quirks which you don't like.

>If I mix Donald Trump and German Idealism into a nonsensical meme, I will be a cool, hip guy!

Every time I look at people like him, I imagine a below average dick swallowed by a sweaty chunk of fat rendering it almost invisible and a sad, old no-name, reminiscing about days when he was a snarky, pretentious e-celeb among like-minded mediocrities that works as a teacher/low-tier professor with no unusual qualities that is just there and who you'll definitely forget a few years after graduation and it makes me sad. These guys really are prostitutes of the pseudo-intellectual crowd.

ayyyy chihuahua

i will be the next Buddha by the time I can watch all 3 minutes of this with equanimity

Lel that's nothing. Read one of the monarchist blogs on le thermidor.

He is making lets plays now
youtube.com/watch?v=vuKmTNGmi54

daamn

Why is lit so obsessed with the worst member of the frog twitter kabal? The other ones drop philosophy references too, just not as obliquely and fakely as Kantbot does

all the best frogtwitter names are completely in the margins.
The only big frogtwitter e-celeb who is TRULY good is mena. But even him is... meh.

akira is more interesting, same thing with crypt

How would you even classify the precise niche that akira occupies? Cyber-esoterica?

>it's a smug twitter memer sounds like a total faggot in real life
was anyone surprised?

kant was retarded.

tfw ur in the secret kabal lit is discussing

give me ur @

@coldhealing

it was just made yesterday though so not a lot of content yet

actually
me and kantbot fucked AMA

dumbest shit I ever read desu

Where do those motivations come from then, if you're so smart?

whats his dick like

does he spout nonsense when he plows

>tfw you say everything is the white patriarchy and that protects you have from having to dissect difficult linguistic and psychological questions, while still feeling smart and empowered

>that works as a teacher/low-tier professor with no unusual qualities that is just there and who you'll definitely forget a few years after graduation

So 99% of all professors?

>when the pseud criticizes the medium and not the content

wew

>Every time I look at people like him, I imagine a below average dick swallowed by a sweaty chunk of fat rendering it almost invisible
As cliche as it is to dismiss people on the internet with basic bitch psychoanalysis, it's difficult not to imagine some kind of Freudian pathology behind a post like this

It's more of a coastal thing. It's a space saver and filler when you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Trump is far more like Machiavelli than Kant anyways.

Why is lit bitter to anyone who's more well read than them?

we are bitter towards dilettantes, and Kantbot's twitter is dilettante incarnated

it's 6.5 inches, kinda thin, and he shaves his pubes so he looks like a prepubescent boy.
he tried to get me to roleplay as a trap tradwife

is the other guy in pic related Rcam?

rcamasylum.wordpress.com/

He's neither cryptic, esoteric, or interesting. Read Yudkowsky, (Matthew) Arnold, and Diderot for actual intellectual writing.

Kantbot is a failed academic who attempts to recoup his losses by pandering to dull and impressionable minds on the marginal backwaters of social media. He is mediocre in himself, and has not a single noteworthy vocal follower among those ten thousand twitheads.

A thorough read of his blog essays demonstrates that he bloviates, stumbles, meanders, and has nothing interesting to say about two of his primary topics: German intellectual culture, and SJW ideology.

Regarding his thoughts on German literature, it's clear he has a repressed desire to be a leader of men, to start his own Jena University, and attract landmark intellectuals, such as a Schiller of our own time. But anyone who would willingly allow themselves to be blindly led on by this clumsy, fubsy idiot, is walking into a death trap. Kantbot offers no substantial plan of action to improve on the plight of modern academic decay, and it's dubious if could act on it even if he did, which makes him yet another impotent reactionary. His situation can be embroidered with a line of Pessoa's, "I have secretly created philosophies no Kant has ever written", which is a puerile, naive sentiment, apparent from Pessoa's inability to set anything in his life in order, and an insult to Kant's profound intellectual legacy. Just as Kantbot's choice of namesake is.

As for his comments on SJWs, Kantbot misses the point in that he is among their good company. He's just not good. At all. Goethe and Schiller would have looked down on him. He fits his own description of the Nietzschean Last Man: "Nothing disgusted Goethe more than these, he had always had an aversion to both that was so well known in fact it strongly played into his suspicion that this was some kind of jest designed solely to get a reaction out of him." (“Nerdy Pursuits Through History” by Kantbot 2000). He will never accomplish his insipid delusions, of drawing great intellectuals to his flabby orbit, or even being one himself. And Maul doesn't like him, so that seals the deal.

Kantbot is nothing but a poor meme. Similar to this overlong post. Few will remember him, and only for a barely amusing video of him yelling at a camera.

>muh white men
The boogeyman of the last decade and the next to come.
"I'm not going to question myself, I'll question everyone else instead" mentality. Retarded.

This is devastating because it's someone who knows what Kantbot is and what he's trying to be.

I've thought similar things. I don't know much about this guy but as soon as I saw him I wondered whether he was an ABD cashing in his postgrad plateau by filtering it back into his Veeky Forums/SomethingAwful alter-ego. I've seen similar things with other guys too, and my gut instinct was always "instead of coming and casting these interests and your postgrad level of knowledge before internet amateur guys, why didn't you actually develop it into something?" I guess everybody wants to be Zizek these days.

I dunno if he actually sucks, because I've never read anything he's written, and I will kill myself before I use Twitter. But if he does, this is a pretty withering critique.

To be fair, most postgrads are doing shit like this, they just don't use Veeky Forums memer culture as their outlet. They still walk around going
>Yes, I'm terribly important, excuse me. I presented a paper at a conference with no content vetting once.

>yud
>intellectual

wew lad

its an affectation, not a personality defect

I only read his posts on autisticmercury because I've heard good things about him. Intellectuals stemming from Veeky Forums have been invariably disappointing.

You're either baiting or ignorant. His concerns about AI ethics are fundamental. He's included in Norvig's textbook on AI, which is the standard textbook on the subject.

frog twitter is even wrose than weird twitter

Kek

>Intellectuals stemming from Veeky Forums have been invariably disappointing.
REALLY

I worked at a local transcription company for awhile and maybe one out of every hundred people whose speech I transcribed didn't pepper their conversations with "like", "sort of/kind of", "you know", and tons of unnecessary "and" and "so". It made me reevaluate my own speech to avoid constant use of crutch words and phrases.

Yes, even the Harvard grad who did a paper on Derrida and Evangelion, or the one who did a study on memes.

I used intellectual loosely for Kantbot.

I wouldn't read that shit whether it came from Veeky Forums or not

Veeky Forums has been on Veeky Forums for longer than it hasn't. Damn, where did the last seven years go?

>even the Harvard grad who did a paper on Derrida and Evangelion

Details?

Ya same, and I agree, they are all stupid edgy dilettantes. Especially Hisperic. Fuck that dumb mick. Megillus is ok though. He almost exclusively posts interesting quotes from his reading... unlike the rest of this gay self-congratulatory little bubble of weird Twitter rejects, he actually likes the stuff he's reading.

there aren't any it doesn't exist

Newfags don't know about one of /a/'s earliest heroes.

Sorry, I only came here in 2009.

/a/ is shit

actually I will say that casperjams posts some nice poetry sometimes. BUT THATS IT!

He doesn't say like that often

You're shit. Veeky Forums and /a/ are shit, but mostly you.

That's interesting. I can't be bothered to read all his content, can you summarize some of the things he's said?

I'm good.

kek
I remember a tutorial on Old English in my first year of uni where the professor interrupted this Californian girl (who exhibited just about every valley girl stereotype in existence) to tell her to stop using "like" because it made her sound moronic and he couldn't take her seriously when she did it.

slam poetry was a mistake

jesus christ

he writes like an autodidact with something to prove. his style is so unappealing i can't begin to give his arguments the mildest of consideration.

>calls a person unappealing
>types in lowercase doesnt punctuate

true actual faggot cuck

Nah you're dumb, I'm good

That's wrong.

there is nothing wrong with being a cuck

Well it's unfortunate and depressing.

according to you, who are bad, which makes me right

I think his writing style is cute.

I'm the right one, though, because you're not good, while I am.

Imagine going to Twitter for intellectual content rather than silly jokes.

nice spook

imagine considering this dilettante's musings "intellectual content"

I can't imagine it.

hey guys can i get in on this hilarious twitter action i just made a twitter account and need at least five followers lads

@VoluntaryEgoist

gonna be busting some spooks ehehe

I...I can't even... *throws down bowl of oatmeal and claps furiously*
I know the world's not lost when learning minds like this are still growing strong; even far far away.

hate all you want but all the replies kind of prove that her poetry is effective

i haven't clicked on this video yet but the female race can not allowed be allowed to continue

There's a lot of harsh criticism of this guy and his pretensions going on in the thread and I'm not sure it's all entirely fair considering he admits himself in OP's video that he's a hack and his mission is to just pump out as much shitty content as possible in order to facilitate a collaborative creative environment where something actually valuable might be produced just due to the sheer volume of output. I don't really know much about the guy besides that video where talks about Thule at a anti-Trump protest, but he doesn't seem nearly as ignoble or as lacking in self-awareness as some of the posts in this thread paint him when you hear him say that.

>tfw follow a bunch of cliques on twitter
>tfw never post but have a look at least once a day
>tfw i know all the injokes and drama for each of these communities through osmosis
>tfw this would make it even more weird to suddenly join in

i feel like a lot of it is just ressentiment for his high follower count.
I dont even like him either. I just think he's a shitposter, often unfunny and uninteresting, from time to time mildly amusing.

in comparison, I find logo daedelus/Rcam a lot more annoying and much more of a pretentious sod.
its not surprising though, that he's basically a cliche amalgam of your average Veeky Forums user.

Rcam is good when he's shitting on ironycels

DOES NOT FOLLOW

>ironycels
what is this

It gives you the perfect in and the ability to string together new communities. Be the rogue neuron.

do people honestly think that he believes he's German Idealist
you guys are fucking weirdo aspies