When did you realize that because you didn't take school and studying as hard as you do now you will NEVER know what...

When did you realize that because you didn't take school and studying as hard as you do now you will NEVER know what going to a top school is life

Imagine being on the forefront of knowledge and science. Imagine having the chance to contribute to the lexicon of human knowledge. If you just go a state school, even the best in your state, you will never know. You will always just be eating off the scraps of the Ivys. Sure, you may publish some irrelevant paper after 10 years of graduate work that nobody cites or even reads, but you will never write a book that people will want to read, you will never be interviewed, nobody will know you were even alive after you're dead.

And its all because of how you did in high school.

Actually I think you're just a major faggot, highschool has nothing to do with it.

Not really. Anyone can rise up. The effort you did not put into high school you can now put into undergrad and then move to a better university for grad school. And still, the idea that only the american Ivy leagues can produce top tier researchers is deeply flawed and is rooted in your american culture of: look at how expensive it is! Expensive = good!!

But still if you want to beat yourself down with what happened in high school then feel free. The more mediocre and depressed people there are in academia, the more my market value goes up as a motivated and enthusiastic academic.

>Ivy league
>Money schools that are slowly eroding all standards to sell overpriced courses in how to count your oppression points

I'm glad I'm on the other side of the Atlantic.

When did you realize that you have no free will and that the reason why you failed at school and why you feel beat down now is because you are born a loser?

>Not really. Anyone can rise up

I meant anyone with talent. Natural brainlets need not apply.

This.
Brainlets trying to cope.

Actually it has more to do with Charisma and the ability to make social connections in high school needed to find your way to an Ivy

>the ability to make social connections in high school
There are no social connections worth making in high school of all places.

I mean like building study circles and cheating

I was number 5 in my class and everyone at the top was constantly cheating. Being friends with teachers meant that they would be graded easier and would have hints as to what was on the test.

>not making a social connection with Stacy to get to put your penis in her 13 year old pussy so you develop early confidence and other alpha traits

Are you retarded? Social connections in high school are the most important because depending on those you leave highschool as either a courageous Chad looking to conquer the world, or as a bitter beta who never lost his virginity in high scholl and will forever be angry and sad from the thought that everyone except him got to taste underage pussy while it was legal and now only used up holes remain for him.

That's the kind of social relationships that will make you trash, a normalfag with a dead end job with no ambitions.

If you really care that much about your high school virginity being intact you never had a chance to begin with.

What? Are you retarded. I still remember the day I put my penis inside a 14 year old girl. I felt like I could do anything after that point. It made me realize that it doesn't matter what my dream is, I could get it! And where am I now? I'm a grad student in pure math, what you'd call the "goldenboy" even. I've already got publications, citations, have given talks multiple times and soon I'll get my PhD. You will have to call me doctor.

Dr. Ifucked A. 14yearold
Never forget. High school was fucking amazing.

And 99% of people fucking an underage girl in their youth still remained trash. Even taking your story at face value, it's not the sex with the 14 year girl that brought you to the point you are now.

At least that would be some really high performing autism to still suck energy out of the underage pussy you touched a decade ago.

But you are not getting it my dude, it is all about perspective. When we enter our teenage years we start thinking about what will we be in this life. We all start from 0, being insecure. We want to be rebellious and separate from our parents, but we are insecure about what will happen if we go to the world on our own. And it is at this time that it is decided if you will become confident and powerful, or stay insecure all of your life. What makes the difference? Fundamental formative experiences. Another experience I can recall was when I was about the same age and I lost my fear of heights after going into one of those fucked up roller coasters. I went in being scared and screaming and crying, but I came out calm and realizing that my insecurity was irrational.

When you fuck teen pussy that tells you that you are manly and are succesful as a man. Right now there are poor as dirt carpenters who fucked teenage girls back in high school and just for that they are confident than you and have a great perspective about their own life. Even as lowly manual laborers they can retain a level of happiness much higher than you will ever attain.

You simply cannot compete. If you did not lose your virginity in high school, you will forever be insecure about your masculinity. Just go to any incel community and see how they are rotting from the inside. I would not even call them human at this point. All they do is complain about women 24/7. Nothing else. I pity them.

First of all, we all start at different points, not the same. Second, autobiographical events to raise your confidence can happen at any point. That carpenter who you mentioned also feels like a genius because of that single A grade he received in high school, the very A grade that still is pinned to the fridge of his mother, the mother who still takes pride out of it to this day when she sees it.

Normally as you get more honorable achievements and broaden the mind you will leave pride in shallow events behind. That underage pussy you fucked or the other meaningless events of your teenager years where you felt success are only giving you confidence when you have nothing else. The opposite is also true. If you had a lot of events that sucked in your life and still have nothing you will reuse those memories over and over to make yourself miserable.

I have the potential to get into a top uni but I'd need a scholarship. I am a high school student. What do I do? My grades are excellent, but I can't study without some financial aid.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

everything you wrote is true.
but you didn't mention the absurd amount of hedonism I had in high school. These memories serve me well. Fuck social recognition. I study/try to publish my paper because I have curiosity in the subject, I do it for myself.
And, most importantly, I am going to die knowing that I had a fricking ball on this gay earth! ...

HS was pretty shitty for me. No friends, no girlfriend. Yet I got to become pretty confident about everything except girls. Picking up girls is picking up girls. Your will and ability to do that doesn't necessarily translate into other areas of life, and vice versa.

This is b8

>Your will and ability to do that doesn't necessarily translate into other areas of life, and vice versa.
Dude, just to an incel forum. I already told you this. The fact that they can't get pussy is destroying their lives. The same is going on for you. You may think "I'm fine" but if you had fucked teen pussy you would now be way better off.

You will just never learn how great life can be because you missed out on underage pussy. Sorry bro.

>autism speaks

Thinking about pussy will only stray your mind from the path of science. I have no desires for women, my only desire is to strive for greatness.

false, i know a guy who went to a small school, now he's a professor in a top 3 engineering program and has an insane number of papers published to top conferences
but he's not a brainlet, and he has a work ethic, so it's different for people like that.

I used to be a feelfag. No point in wasting time on something that's can't be changed.

I was born to low IQ parents in a shit part shitville. I was never encouraged to join extracurricular activities, study for the SAT, didn't even think i was going to college despite taking and 5ing multiple stem AP exams. I only applied to my local State university even though I definitely could have gone to a good school simply by playing my spic card.

Being born a low class loser is a raw deal. I wringed out just enough to climb the next echelon but i definitely didn't shoot for the top. If I have a male child I'll try to push him for elite status but if he's dumb not much can be done.

This.

wanna create an oligarchy user?

This is my life too user. I was born diaspora in Canada to parents fleeing the Yugoslavia carnage. I lived my entire life friendless and neglected and now I'm stuck working in a factory 60 hours a week, destroying my health, in hopes that someday I may be able to get through school debt free and financially prosperous sometime in the future. Sucks that I'll never have a happy, productive youth to look back on.

It's more money and work for the same piece of paper and you're more miserable. Research opportunities, gym, housing and extracurriculars are nicer, sometimes. Food is the same. The student culture is shitty. Every last student is an intolerable shit eating high achiever with helicopter parents and no real ambitions and dreams save feeding their ego. They're just husks in sweater vests. No one cares about you or wants to know more about you unless you have potential opportunities for them to raise their chances of getting >muh jobs.

t. transferred to an Ivy after 2 years in a shitty state school, regret the entire thing. It set my education back 3 years because of how depressed I was after getting my degree.

>tfw when abused as a child
>tfw spend all day playing video games
>tfw when no interests in school, barely pass the classes
>tfw take up reading fiction in highschool to feel less of a brainlet
>tfw when i drop out of college (literature major)
>mfw when I discover that what actually interests me is science but I couldn't figure that out because of years of hiding, social isolation and feeling alienated so I engaged in constant escapism
I'm 24 and I just bought some biology, chemistry and physics textbooks around general school level.

Eh user I wouldn't worry about it too much. Undergard academics are approximately the same everywhere you go so long as you dont go to a trash uni. I would be much more concerned about getting into a top ivy for grad than undergrad. Also, you'll come to learn that ivy leagues dont always necessarily have the best advisor for you. An excellent advisor at a school of mild repute is far more important to the overall development of the student than an advisor at some big name school with vague familiarity with your own research topic who you are only attaching yourself to for the nominal value. Advisor quality > overall school quality. As a matter of fact, most different grad departments vary so wildly in terms of quality and reputation within the same school that it doesnt really make sense to speak of school status at a grad level. Like one of the other posters said, use the time you wasted in high school as a motivation to do great things in undergrad. The interviewers and avid readers that you mentioned will overlook any lesser known school in your undergrad for the titles of grad school, anyway.

>sad from the thought that everyone except him got to taste underage pussy while it was legal and now only used up holes remain

Don't worry about getting into a top school. Focus on your studies and always do better than you think you can. Education is 90 percent student and 10 percent institution. Everything will fall into place, sweet child.

So what? I'm sure you can find some other way to satisfy your ego. After all, that's all we are after.

>all because of how you did in high school
You're lucky if it was just high school for you, OP. You can study really hard in undergrad and either transfer or get into a good school for grad. I fucked up in high school and in undergrad so I literally only have a master's left to try and salvage anything if I want to get a PhD, and odds are that won't be enough for most places. Still, I'm going to try. Better late than never, OP. Remember that and get to work you fucking pleb.

You're a fucking idea and realize that everyone on this planet is a nobody. I rather have my state school than have an absurdly large ego balloon I have inflate everyday, and thousands of dollars in debt.
Everybody is nobody and we all die. Keep taking your life more seriously than you should.

or you could just take two semesters of community college and transfer to purdue or texas

fucking idiot*
I have to inflate everyday*

Boy, Veeky Forums sure hates learning things. Personally I'm a glutton for information and started going to uni just so I could get more of it.

I'm sorry, fren.

>tfw missed out on teenage love
That said, I live in a conservative country where mixing of the sexes in highly discouraged.

So your country promotes homosexuality or what? I don't get how this works.

Basically, wait until marriage.

But what does this mean? Does this mean you are encouraged to marry when you get your first boner? Or does this mean that you are supposed to only have sex with men until you are old enough to marry?

If you actually put effort in it you can do this, I recommend you learn math since you will need it in science, start with arithmetic and try to get some intuition, what are numbers? whats is addition? what is division?, think about it, visual explanations are very important! once you can Imagine it and explain whats happening you are ready to start.

The first step is logic then your foundations, maybe some hs recap, after this follow the sci guides, this along with your own books on different topics will allow you to get inside uni, use the knowledge you already have and try and finish early, I have some resources if you want them, it's not much but it will lead you on the right path, you can still do it, all you need is passion and you will be fine.

Where do you think you are?

The truth here is that fucking that girl gave him tons of momentum, which provided the impetus for greater and greater achievements.

The sad fact of life is that so much of your ability to succeed in life is a strong "early-game" of sorts. You can recover of course, but it woulda been a lot easier otherwise.

If you dont get into a great school for undergrad just do great and you can get into a great grad school. Im at the best school in my state (which is still shit) and my major at my uni is ranked lower than the uni itself, yet many in the past few years have gone on to stanford, umich, berkeley, etc for a PhD in EE at top schools. Put in the work and you will be rewarded.

I am 26 and I'm in my first year of math and stats. My story is similar to yours. I started off doing basic arithmetic on Khan Academy and now I'm here. Some faggot A levels Veeky Forums boy will denigrate but he's probably some form of bugman so he's irrelevant.

You'll make it

Not true.

I graduated high school with shit grades. I got an associates with shit grades. I'm now getting a BSc with highest honors and applying to grad schools. Some of these grad schools have big names. And, even if I don't get in one now, there's always Post-Doc.

I agree that a person's life shouldn't be decided by the mistakes of a teenager. But, I've gotten this far, and I'm not even particularly good at what I'm doing. Stop despairing about what is lost and realize what you can gain, because the only sure way you'll never see your dreams happen is to let yourself be paralyzed by shame, regret and cynicism.

>those doing better than me are cheating
Hillary voter detected

That would imply that fucking that girl was the turning point, the snowball that started rolling and kept rolling. But it was not. He had the genetics and the upbringing already in the bag. Most people have sex in their teens and yet hardly any of them find success.

A strong early life is more about good habits or understanding very early key information that builds fantastic life fundamentals.

>Where do you think you are?
Veeky Forums

>genetics
We are all born the same, what are you implying?

not to sound like a bitter / jealous faggot, but have you ever talked to some of the people who go to Harvard / mit / Stanford / etc etc etc

some of them are really just cocksucking suckups with absolutely no genuine insight of their own, they've completely castrated themselves in pursuit of perfection within academic hierarchies. there's obviously a lot of absolute geniuses there too, not knocking people who got in, but there's a phenomena ive described present as well

also not saying I'm any better but its perfectly possible to be "at the forefront of science" and contribute absolutely nothing and its also possible to do good scientific work while at a community college

You sound like a gigantic faggot OP.

Thanks anons.

I never graduated highschool, became an electrician and am now a PE. I build the facilities used to make nuclear weapons.

Which is to say: git gud.

I've given up, too. I wished I saved enough money to keep studying but I won't do anything remarkable anyway. I'll just be a nobody with no historical achievement yet only reason I live is to consume entertainment.

FUCK IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!! I HAVE TO LIVE KNOWING IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER IF MY PARENTS WEREN'T A BUNCH OF BRAINLET FUCKS FUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!SDYTCTGDSAEDY

You don't have to put yourself down that way, OP. Going to an Ivy League college might give a nice starting position, and may be very useful for networking, but in the end all you are taught in college isn't the only knowledge you can acquire. You can still teach yourself a ton of useful skills that could make you more appealing to future employers.

And by the way, if your true goal is to make progress in academia, I could give you dozens of examples of people who have achieved great things in STEM without any fancy Ivy league deegre.

If you are absolutely conviced that the only reason why you won't be successful is your degree you are almost certainly wrong, your actitude is.

Massive effort, natural capabalities and a bit of luck is what gets people to the top in this fields. Good luck

>hurr durr le elite school meme
it's not that fun

it's actually painstaking and a lot of work, not an enviable life at all

t. slightly above average student at elite school

don't make me want to die more than I already do

>Ivy league
are you serious? Well enjoy your mandatory african studies, cultural appropriation studies and jewish brainwashing

You have your whole life ahead of you user. If this is really what you want, you still can do it. You're not 80 years old

I didn't give two fucks in high school, graduated with something like a 3.1 weighted GPA. Now I'm going to a top 5 grad school.

>Imagine being on the forefront of knowledge and science. Imagine having the chance to contribute to the lexicon of human knowledge
Why do you even care.
Enough money to do what you want with the ratio of free time to work that you want is all I want. Who gives a fuck about spooks like making history.

This is true. I had some chances in hs but idk girls from this town are kinda ugly to begin with and my class was like three years behind goth and three years ahead of scene. So all the girls were just plain af and christian. I broke up with my first real gf when I was 13 cuz she was a dumbass. I wanted to get me one o them smart girls (which goes back to the op, i could've got their dad who went to amherst to give a good recommendation). But being po white trash, it didn't matter that I was easily one of if not the smartest kid in school, they wanted nothing to do with me. I had a few chances with sone other trashy girls but idk at the time I was just miserable as fuck because muh dad said because i was poor i had to go to in state state school because good schools don't take poor people and if they did you still couldn't afford it.

WHICH WAS WRONG

Maybe it had to do with being raised super christian but I had the thought that I could get laid if I was desperate enough. I was above just getting laid, because banging a 15yo slut would honestly just make me think less of myself because i actually wanted a decent smart girl to actually mean something, and because my parents were morons, i left hs without accomplishing much. Still had plenty of ECs and honor classes and 35 ACT and lots of flirting but I never got muh dick wet.

So after hs, after I realized I DID have an opportunity to go to a good school for free even, and after not getting pussy, I was just entirely lost. Ended up really sad over a dumb girl, and like dude.. I was miserable in hs cuz I had to go to a state school and couldn't even leace this hellhole state.. Then I was miserable because that was all incorrect.

Sorry for rambling but yeah you should actually do well in hs and also get your dick wet. My life ended up really really fuckin shitty.

Parents don't tell your kids not to get laid and not to try to get into a good school. Idk why that needs to be stated but yea

If you're a white non-Jewish male there was no chance in the first place user

faggot

because you're a faggot