Is this comic actually Veeky Forums material, or is it just an overstretched meme?

Is this comic actually Veeky Forums material, or is it just an overstretched meme?

everything is a fucking meme now dude just enjoy what you enjoy and fuck everyone else. We're all gonna kill ourselves when we hit 30 anyway

not Veeky Forums but worthwhile art nonetheless. comics aren't literature, they're their own medium, and there's nothing wrong with that. moore in general is GOAT.

it's pretty great, yeah it's a comic but that just means you have to have a somewhat shifted set of sensibilities when you try to dig into it. Look at subtle stuff just like the framing and how the panels will complement eachother through chapters and stuff

Its a fucking masterpiece.

Its really good, as good as /co/ gets. But it is as much Veeky Forums as Bob Dylan's songwriting

still has yet to reach the heights of /aco/ though

I just had a very interesting adventure to the toilet where the spew looks like some form of ancient writing. Is that Veeky Forums?

I liked it when I read it in high school.

It's great. It really is. But it isn't really literature.

It wouldn't be as great if you stripped the images away from it. In fact, it would be bad.

it was ok until the sophmoric part with the squid

Its one of the few works that met the hype for me.
coincidentally I'm currently reading Giovanni's Room and it's also meeting, if not exceeding the hype

I liked it, I'm not a comicbook person, but it's really quite cool, it's a bit thought provoking and fun.

It is a masterpiece, but a different medium to lit. Moore was trying to make something that wouldn't work in any other medium, and he succeeded (thus the film is pretty bad, especially with the changes they made (that intro tho, brought tears to my eyes))

no but it's fucking good.

the film's biggest mistake is completely butchering the tone

watchmen could work as a 1-season show if the director understood it. it was a serial after all

the film was terrible, and I didn't like the intro

It's the exact same fucking thing, with a better ending.

nah

How do you define literature?

the movie ending makes no sense, the plan doesn't even accomplish the same goal

Based upon the written word, which comics, by definition, are not