Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6wKf1jHHMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Favorite book
pic related
>Favorite Album
Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
>How I feel
Drained. I'm eighteen and I just finished a massive project that's a graduation requirement. Really just waiting and waiting until college starts and I can find what I want to with life. I don't see myself as much of a writer so an english major and its ensuing stereotypes aren't really on the table for me. I lost the pleasure of playing music long ago. My relationships with women are wholly platonic and practically non-existant, I still masturbate to the three times I made out with a girl who left me for another woman

>not well-read enough to have one, I don't think, but maybe A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson?

>pic related

>I am the weight of the leaves a tree carries.

also her favorite color is caught in the wake of the a soon to fall sun :-) some hue of blue or another.

Nice blog post d00d

If this chick is a possibility for you then go for that shit

thx

she is my ex, we were together three separate times.

what's funny is: she was my longest relationship (8-9 months), she told me it was okay to be myself and that everyone was trying, and I broke up with her because she was about to break up with me.

It didn't occur to me until maybe a year ago that I did it out of the fear of being dumped. kind of cool to see the fight-or-flight instinct come into play in hindsight.

I can't remember what things she loves beyond art and I can't remember the music she likes, though she got me into playing guitar. I know our song, and I think about her every day!! wew

> Clockwork Orange
> And Justice for All by Metallica
> feeling pretty good desu. Have to study Mathematics for upcoming exam.

Hope things work out, mate

Terrible thread desu

You majoring in it?

If you feel like posting more, I'll read it user

seconded

Book: Pic related.
Album: David Bowie - "Heroes"
Feel: Nervous. I have a pretty big job interview tomorrow.

What type of job?

Post more pics user

Something actually lit-related, in a totally new place.

Well, I hope you get the job, user

cross-board taste always sucks

Thanks dude. Have another cool Bowie.

>Los siete locos - Roberto Arlt / The Myth of Sisyphus - Albert Camus
>[band's best album] by [indie folk band]
>Melancholic. I'm trying to laugh at all this.

Good luck m8.

I don't think I have too much to say about her, partially bc I can't hold a conversation with people even behind anonymity.

The Cannibal (Hawkes)

Aja

Overflowing with dysfunctional lust and need for this one girl who I only talked to a couple of times and haven't even seen in a month.

>book
Moby Dick
>album
Saosin - Saosin
>feel
Great, finally it's spring and I can start running/cycling again

>Favourite book
At Swim, Two Boy by Jamie O'Neill
>Favourite album
Benji by Sun Kil Moon (at least for the last 6 months)
>Feels
Swings between wondering at how beautiful life is and being terrified that I am wasting it doing fuck all.

the recognitions
i'm some songs
i feel fine

>Favourite book
Mémoires d'Hadrien

>Favorite Album
Pic related

>Feels
Shitty. I'm 19, I can't make myself work at school and I'm "cheating" on my gf.

>gould
ah so you know nothing about music eh?

>Favourite Book
undecided on this, my best guess is Demian by Hesse, although it's not the "best" book I've ever read (if that makes sense), that would be Crime and Punishment

>Favourite Album
Darkside - Psychic

>How I feel
Sluggish, inadequate, weak, sometimes hopeless

>favorite book
Code of the Woosters
>favorite album
Trouble in Tahiti
>how you feel
I tried the new Colgate toothpaste and it made me feel like a piece of shit.

Please enlighten me. Who are your favorite Bach interprets ?

favourite book:
The Rings of Saturn by sebald

favourite album:
Arvo Pärt's Magnificat

How I feel:
I don't know. i feel everything

Not him but Gould is the god tier Bach interpreter

Not him but Pierre Hantai.
youtube.com/watch?v=W6wKf1jHHMY

I'm studying Law. Where I live it's a subject in law school. Basic stuff: Trigonometry, Mensuration, Arithmetic Progressions, etc.

Favorite book: Infinite Jest

Favorite album:
>listening to music in album form, buying albums, paying for music in general
>2007+10
kek

How I feel: pretty good overall. used to have tons of existential unease but i've defeated it, i'm in pure bliss, kinda like Siddhartha at the end of Siddhartha

I'm listening to the whole piece and that's true that he's really good.
The audio quality isn't great though but I can't blame him.
The obvious difference is of course the instrument they're playing, which make the comparison difficult.(I'm a huge Gould fanboy but I must admit that his organ recordings aren't great.)

Their objectives with the piece also seem really different. Hantaï seems more impersonal but I don't mean this as a negative critique. I never minded that Gould took liberties with the piece but I can understand that one can prefer this more prosaic interpretation.

Favorite is a difficult term
>album
most recently: XXX by danny brown
all time: Stop Making Sense
>book
most recently: The Peregrine by J A Baker
all time: Middlemarch by Elliot
>how I'm feeling
I just aced a test that had been a dark stain on my soul for the last few months so I feel really relieved and cautiously happy. Also, I've been daydrinking with fiends in the sun.

same

Don't major in English, stick to the memes and you'll be fine.

truly?

The Sun Also Rises
Songs of Leonard Cohen
Like I've lost faith and can no longer see the golden thread that runs through life.

I like i'm some songs but its not my favorite, however The Recognitions is my favorite book and I also feel fine

it's gonna be okay....

...whoever you are, mate. Stop posting her pics. You'll regret this later. Trust me.

>book
My Diary Desu
>album
In The Airplane Over The Sea
>feeling
tfwnogf

>book
Absalom, Absalom!
>album
Red House Painters - Rollercoaster
>feeling
Moved to a new place to study and the people are nice and it's warm.

i am glad to hear it anonner

you are a pleb

Sickness Unto Death.

The warm notes of her voice were a world within; where night and day shared sky so there will always be a light... and even here I stand without dimension, waiting in frantic suspense to be scorched by the central flame again.

thank you... but why is that?

>Favorite book
Thus Spoke Zarathustra

>Favorite album
Diamond Day by Vashti Bunyan

>Feeling
Not so bad, somewhat sleepy. I have had a long week. I am ready to take it easy after this semester ends and I can get off of work.

>favorite book
Either/Or, by Kierkegaard
>favorite album
pic related
>feels
lonely and unwanted, and tired of working my bottom of the barrel minimum wage job, but i'm okay

Ficciones
Two Nuns and a Pack Mule + Budd EP
i'm a failure and i want to die

>Fav book

>fav album
Somewhere Along the Highway - Cult of Luna

>feel
Uncertain, nervous with school finishing up, whether I should stay in a city I hate or move out to the coast with my brother

:( you have bested me, sir

karamazov
near life experience by come
alright. Should study more.

Not really a book but
>Contemplation by Kafka
>Copacetic by Velocity Girl
And, very surprisingly, I'm delighted with life as of now. It really is absurd, I've been having the worst month of my life and I can't help but smile.

weird choice for an album, i can dig it though

ulysses

destroyer - kaputt

im doing ok i guess. pretty content with life.

>Kaputt
For a summer, that album stuck with me through the day and came with me to bed. That album conjures up emotions that maybe five other albums can. Never could get into any of their other works though

lol i didnt like rubies for a few months when i was first getting into kaputt but now its in my top 10. i agree with you on kaputt though, no album makes me feel the way it does.

>Ulysses
>Blonde on Blonde
>I am not so sure how I feel. I am in the final stretch of an employment/living situation that I have been in for a while. My life will radically change in a few months, and I am not so sure whether or not for the better or the worse. I am trying to make the most of the time I have with my friends/time, but I feel like I hit a brick wall anytime I try to attempt anything that would be memorable like organizing social events.
Also the girl I love will be attending NYU in a few weeks, meaning that her and I will be on opposite sides of the country. That will be difficult, but the sooner I let go the better because there is more pussy to be had elsewhere, thought of the same quality I am not so sure of.

>in a few months*
>make the most out of my time with friends*
>though of the same quality*

>book
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
>album
Stinky smelly - strange
>how i feel
Tired.

fuck is this album lmao

Its fucking patrician shit me frando.

>Book
For pure enjoyment, Ringworld by Niven.
For thought, The Complete Essays, by Montaigne.

>Album
Random Access Memories, by Daft Punk

>Feeling
Dead inside. 28 and drifting. Meds aren't working right, I think, and I'm very much alone in the dark right now. I am a stone, indestructible and immutable, but I am still drained.

>book
confessions of a justified sinner
>album
I'm gay (I'm happy)
>feels
comfy. storm outside, coffee and toast inside.

>Favourite Book
"Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You" by Alice Munro

>Favourite Album
"Ys" by Joanna Newsom

>How I Feel

Somewhere between Anxiety and Relief. On one hand, I've finished two of my exams for the term, but since they were on the same day, I only half-studied for each of them. I did find out that one of my essays for the mythology course I took is up for one of the department's year-end prizes, so that's nice, but it's for an essay I didn't put much effort into - I'm only getting the prize because no one else taking the course (it's a breadth requirement) knows how to write a damn essay. I'd much rather get a strong mark on one of the two Alice Munro essays I wrote, or win the short story prize that my local paper is putting on (one week until I hear back).

Favorite book is pictured.
My favorite album is probably In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.
Acid Rap and Pink Moon are up there too though.
About an hour ago I was about to write, spilled a glass of water all over myself and laptop, cleaned that up, went to the bathroom and then froze staring at the ceiling, wondering if the support beam could support my weight... Felt depressed for a while, jerked off, showered, wrote an essay on DFW for fun, drank a bottle of champagne, and I feel pretty good considering.

-Everything that Rises Must Converge
-Mercury Rev - Yerself is Steam
-It's spring break and i'm enjoying my week off from school. Smoking and drinking too much though so I kinda feel like shit. Gotta get back on track before next term starts, but for today i'm just gonna get stoned, enjoy the sun and