Alright lads, pleb here who has only ever read a couple of books (age 24)

alright lads, pleb here who has only ever read a couple of books (age 24)

I want to get into reading more though, so what would you suggest for someone who has only read the epic of gilgamesh, 1984, lovecraft and schopenhauer complaining about women and being alive?

how could you only read a couple of books by age 24

you have to at least read 1-3 every summer during schooling, not counting that which is read during the term.

I didn't read any of my school books and I dropped out

how good is your reading comprehension, no point recommending something you can't understand. and are you reading for fun or to become "wiser" or w/e

try reading light mystery novels

since you never really read ANYTHING, idk, "The Hardy Boys?"

pretty good I think, better than the average person at least

I don't care if you guys laugh at this but I became interested in literary content because of videogames, and I spent a couple of years looking into lit crit for them

I only read 1984 last year because of the new metal gear solid :~0

what's dat, what's da hardy boys

just start reading entry level Veeky Forumscore stuff. there's charts

stop pretending to be too stupid to use google

but I want to know what you guys think

Savage.

No meme, game of thrones is a pretty entertaining and entry level series.

Lord of the flies or animal farm would be good books to read as well.

Read Of Mice and Men. It's short, simple and beautiful. And you can find it online. A great place to start.

Agreed

might check it out, although I'd prefer to read something that would seem more fresh to me, having heard so much about game of thrones already

thanks user

lord of the flies is a good one, I think I'll read that next time I play the new metal gear solid again :~)

animal farm I did read a little bit already (or rather listened to). I loved 1984 so I hoped I'd love animal farm too, but I found it much less evocative and more heavy-handed so I didn't get into it much :~(

The Old Man and the Sea

Yeah animal farm is definitely not subtle, if you liked 1984 Brave new world by Huxley might be a good choice. Heart of darkness is short but very good. The long walk by stephen king is one of my favourites and appealing to most people. Remember that while most of these books might be considered entry level by people on Veeky Forums the average normie thinks something like 1984 is the pinnacle of literature.

start with the greeks

I love the hardy boys as a kid. Read probably all of them

Read The Stranger by Albert Camus

Game of Thrones is terrible, even for people who've barely read anything.

Not an arguement.

Read Stoner. Short, powerful and beautiful writing. It's one of the Veeky Forums classics.

got is the worst thing you could do to yourself, thousands of pages of shit

my diary desu