Why is mathematics such an unfriendly field?

Source:
>youtube.com/watch?v=EM46_5Yd5II

Other urls found in this thread:

dartmouth.edu/~matc/MathDrama/reading/Wigner.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>math has no implications outside itself 99% of the time
>nobody can understand a word of it outside itself
>half the time it doesn't even understand itself (IUT)

Why the fuck are we funding this again?

>>half the time it doesn't even understand itself (IUT)
huh?

This, so much this.
Engineering is far more important.

I'm an engineering student so i haven't been doing truly advanced maths, but i can speak from my limited experience:

So far I followed courses that are equivalent to the american
-Calculus 1
-Calculus 2(or advanced mathematics for engineers, whatever you call it)
-Linear Algebra and Geometry
-Numerical Analysis

All of the professors knew their shit and I respected them greatly for it. However, they had an air of arrogance and pride about them, especially the calculus 1 teacher, , sometimes outright showing disdain for the students and deliberately making preparation for the exam harder.

So i'd say that math is not friendly because of (in my case) the professor's attitude. The field itself is probably one of the hardest if not the hardest, but it's also very rewarding.

Because sooner or later some of it will be used to model very precisely a phenomenon that is being studied by science. Get it straight lads, without math engineering would be pseudoscientific, non-rigorous trash.

>still trying to figure out how many times to rub the sticks together til fire

Engineers dont need math. They just need jobs, and the right to try the square peg as many times as necessary til the hole is aso square

why are "comedians" so fucking unfunny holy shit
people are just laughing because of the signs that tell them to. people who watch think it's funny because of the people who are paid to be laughing.

or do you really fucking find it funny? holy fuck

You need to be removed from the population

Math is easier than trash like history

People talented at math have a high incidence of social retardation, probably as a result of brain structure. Their entire sense of self-esteem is based on math ability, since they have nothing else to base it on. They develop a superiority complex as an overcompensation for their social and physical deficits. So they retreat into their world of math and 'get even' for their social ineptitude by treating everyone else badly, which only serves to underline their social and personality problems to others.

t. projectionist

>Their entire sense of self-esteem is based on math ability, since they have nothing else to base it on. They develop a superiority complex as an overcompensation for their social and physical deficits.
Do you actually know any mathematicians? Most I've met have interests outside of math

math geeks are bad but have you ever had the pleasure of interacting with compsci geeks? kill me

I thought it was funny.

People talented at math have a high incidence of social retardation, probably as a result of brain structure. Their entire sense of self-esteem is based on math ability, since they have nothing else to base it on. They develop a superiority complex as an overcompensation for their social and physical deficits. So they retreat into their world of math and 'get even' for their social ineptitude by treating everyone else badly, which only serves to underline their social and personality problems to others.

why? did he tell any jokes?

yup

Yeah, fuck all you elitist heteronormative mathematicians, right in your klein-bottle assholes. Also, stop using obscurant symbology and express your ideas in fucking English so that women and PoCs can understand you. My women's studies class is making an installation art piece with a year's worth of our used tampons. We call it "String Theory", to protest the male domination of heteronormative CIS-knowledge. In the new world order you will all have your grants reduced and your genitals cropped, because if we can't understand you you're a fucking nazi.

Mostly Feminism and Bigotry, sides of the same coin, that makes everything besides genitals useless.

>using IUT as an example
kek, most mathematicians know next to nothing about it.

I went to a school with a very unique undergrad math culture. Most of the pure math majors were either drop outs from the music program or engineering burn outs, so the math program was basically a bunch of stoners.

It was pretty chill, math parties were the best, I remember one time I was asked to explain what schemes are while drinking an entire bottle of gin.

>that's why all of modern science was literally built on it
dartmouth.edu/~matc/MathDrama/reading/Wigner.html

>look at me, look at me! I have an uninformed opinion and crave attention!
>not only do I not know math, but I don't know any science or history either!
>aren't I so smart?

maths is a separate language with various dialects, the younger you get exposed to it the easier it is to understand.

it's just another way humans play with symbols to try to problem solve. they make fun of non-mathematicians because you're speaking with a funny accent and clunky vocabulary.

>from my limited experience
Limited experience of what? You didn't post a single thing related to math.

what a retarded way to view math.

t. brainlet

Yep, IUT is definitely the norm in math. It's clear that your knowledge of math is entirely formed from memes on Veeky Forums. Don't speak about entire fields of study when you have no knowledge.

You have autism.

>autist detected

maybe your sense of humor is just shit, brainlets

>t. le elite sense of humor man
kys

kek, math is like a shitty fantasy novel isn't it?