Tfw rejected for publication again

>tfw rejected for publication again

This time it's real guys. I don't know how much longer I can go on. Please tell me it will be alright.

Git gud noob

If you stick to anything long enough and hard enough, it can be done.

ulillillia did nothing wrong

he died for our sins

How did you do it? Heard if you do it the wrong way you basically get the trashcan without them even reading your stuff.

>did just send the whole book
>trashcan
>no expose
>trashcan
>shitty expose
>trashcan
>no following on social media
>trashcan

Even heard no matter what you write sometimes without contacts it's basically or being suggested by an established writer or something it's impossible to get published at some places. But what do I know. If I was a writer I would write two books. One I would shill on a personal website for free. The second will cost money or I'll ask for donations until I have written the third one. If enough people are interested in your shit like that you will have a higher chance of being recognized, but it's arguable if you would them need them at that point. It's about making money for them dude, it's not a humanitarian effort.

This is how it goes for almost every author. Keep trying man.

Stop being a bitch nigga. Only those that go hard in the paint make it.

This desu

listen to these petals in the water of you demise! you're beautiful and keep trying.

Not OP, but this shit really has me down. It feels like you could write the most beautiful, meaningful work and it won't matter if you don't have a legion of idiots drooling over it and shilling you on facebook.

Well, aside from having to write well, you have to be able to produce a good exposé. On top of that you should send via FedEX or some other service for which they'll have to personally sign for the package, so that you slightly increase the chances they won't dismiss it offhand. Just be persistent. These people get droves upon droves of people who try once and then quit and are never heard from again, but I'd bet there are less than a handful that are constantly sending them submissions. I'm not saying to bombard them with everything you've written, but keep on their radar.

Do you have to send physical copies? Don't they take e-mails? Just asking.

Well, if you send a physical package, they will usually at least take the time to open it and give a glance before they throw it in the garbage. They likely receive even more emails a day than physical packages, and it's easier to be in a bad mood and click to delete a button than to just toss a bundle of papers in the trash. And there's always the chance of getting caught in the spam filter.

self publish? createspace/amazon?

Heard nobody has time to read all the suggestions they are receiving. If you send the whole book it will get trashed on principle. Apparently that's where agencies come in because those do the heavy lifting in terms of sorting shit out and then the AGENCY sends out an exposé with a sample text of the book to an publisher and you might not end on the shitstack. And even to the publisher you don't send the whole book I think but only an exposé with a sample, and the rest of the book on request. Also I don't know how agencies react when you send out your stuff to multiple agencies at the same time. I think this doesn't help your cause.

If you are good enough to write multiple books maybe it's time to get an agent. This might hurt you finacially because you have to share your profits with the guy, don't fall to money in advance scams, but if the guy thinks you got potential enough for him to bother you might got a foot in the door. Also maybe hire an editor, but then you might get one as part of the deal because either way your shit won't be perfect anyway.

I got published. Consider this: You go through writing a book or a few until you get good. You submit to publishers, rejections everywhere. You find one that publishes your book! Finally! Then, it's published and nobody buys it. WTF just happened? It's to even just getting published that's hard; it's also having people then actually buy the book

Have to be visible too I suppose. That's were social media kicks in. Doubt it's possible to be one of those writers like Python who barely show face in public.

>tfw uli's webhost went out of business and his website went down and he won't put it back up because he's saving to move so he can finally get out of the cage but in the meantime the world is deprived of one of its greatest masterpieces, Ulillillia City

The majority of published writers don't actually make any serious money doing it.

It's not hard to see why, as the majority of them are just publishing the exact same crap that nobody really bought in the first place. There's still tons of YA losers out there trying to peddle their harry potter diversity parade clone, and nobody is buying it. But yeah, they're technically published writers.

The real trick is not only to get published, but offer something different than all the other published hacks.

What was your book about?

cramps

your mom

yeah staying incognito, that shit's definitely over

it's 100% industry these days. the target markets aren't waiting around for you to pop up, so be ready to revise, shuffle, cut and edit that manuscript down to a proper product with passages that'll look good in an instagram feed. then you have to shill your shit until everyone's tired of hearing about it -- readings, book fairs, interviews; strong social media prescence for a perpetual flow of Content

big-name publishers will allow themselves one or two 'prestige' books every year (city on fire), but unless your folks write for new yorker or something you're shit outta luck in that department

t. author who's been through the wringer a couple of times (unsuccessfully)

Trying to get my 350~ page poetry manuscript published and out there.

Nobody cares.
Help

My bet is that all that's required is a large social media audience. Considering the number or published books out every year. There's one book I bought recently, from a woman who has a load of personal followers online and a big audience from doing public speaking evens, which is now about #10 on amazon. The book reads like plagiarism from various other books, rip off stuff. But because people know who she is, she has a name, her book is selling extremely well. Makes sense to me, because with so many books being put out, a writer has to be known pre-publication. It changes the whole thing dramatically, because now you don't only need to be a writer, but a public figure of sorts.

Olivia Munn wrote a book in two weeks or something like that when she was about to leave the Daily Show, called Kickass Wonderwoman or some shit. And there are plenty of dumbass social media whores who have published. I think you're on to something.

But the thin is, if you have a large social media audience, why the fuck do you need a publisher? Might as well print your shit on demand and rake donations.

My guess, the credit of publication. Then you can go do public lectures for $10,000 for an hour of speaking. A few months of that and you're rich.

You shouldn't be writing to be read, but for your identity as an artist to flourish.

Look up the poem Berryman by W.S. Merwin
Someone posted it on lit when I was a senior in high school, and for four years now it's propelled me to out do my previous writing.

Nobody in this day and age is going to read 350 pages of modern poetry. If it's a collection of poems I'd suggest splitting them into like 3 or 4 small books

it reads like pounds cantos

I don't know if I can just break it up

get it edited professionally and pay some bloggers and booktubers to review it honestly, create a website for all of your work as well

I'm betting the hangup with it is that it's total shit, not so much that it's 350 pages long.

its fucking amazing. I'm not going to lie.

Nobody in this day and age especially will read modernist poetry 350 pages long.

kill yourself i hate you

we're going to need an excerpt then

Why not post some? Help see if its any good.

it's 350 pages of garbage from a literal who - there's the reason you aren't getting published

>reads like pounds cantos
>its fucking amazing
Like 5% of the Cantos could be described as such.