Did anyone else get JUST'd by the STEM meme?

Did anyone else get JUST'd by the STEM meme?

>be me, major in math
>get few years experience in data analytics/science while doing degree with a research group
>teach myself python, machine learning and deep learning
>cant find job paying above minimum wage, often washing dishes or manual labour
>no companies ever call me back despite experience and personal projects showcased on github
>mfw ill never pay back my student loans or stop being poor

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/kK0DJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Work on minimal wage,
Write robots in free time.

Don't stop until they work on Mars mining uranium for us.

That's it;

And by them I didn't mean robots, but brakes.

Gotta make ur own way buddy. Why not start with solving a millenium problem

>majoring in math
>never at any point network with the research group you worked with
>only looking close to home instead of considering moving
>not improving your shitty ass resume
STEM did not JUST you, you did it to yourself

>cant find job paying above minimum wage, often washing dishes or manual labour
>no companies ever call me back despite experience and personal projects showcased on github
How? Even self taught people are being hired like crazy for start ups and shit. Publish a paper on it that shit. Also get at least a masters degree doing that. BS isn't enough for anything any more.

this

>He actually fell for the hard sciences meme

Biologist chad here;spent my whole undergrad partying now currently making over six figures suck itahaha

yeah but you're a biologist

Where do you live? West Virginia? News flash, if tech jobs are scarce where you live, then you can't strictly blame your employment prospects on your major. Your local economy is to blame.

This is presuming you don't live in Silicon Valley.

oh no

>major in math
Found your problem. If you didn't get your PhD you should have known you'd be fucked. You didn't listen to the Veeky Forums pure math meme did you?

BODY

ONCE

nah, live in Canada, where we import Indians to fulfill tech jobs with their dubious credentials. any american company that called me back ghosted when i said i'd need the TN visa.

there's a million faggots just like you trying to make 400k a year

>Salaries in the Bay Area, including annual bonuses and equity, currently average $295,000 a year for top self-driving car engineers, and range from $232,000 to as much as $405,000, based on data from Paysa, a Palo Alto firm that analyzes pay and job trends using an artificial intelligence-enabled data platform. The average is more than four times the California median household income of $64,500 in 2015 and over five times the U.S. average, based on Census figures.
archive.is/kK0DJ

don't just "teach yourself" deep learning, find a problem and solve it, then publish your results

You must've gone to a shit-tier institution. I literally get companies coming to the department I'm in actively recruiting.

>he fell for the math majors get work without postgraduate meme
Why do you think all the mathfags here are in grad school? Because they like researching? haha

have you considered the possibility that they don't call you back because your personality sucks and they don't want you in their team?

That's basically 90% of all CS undergrads and those hispter shitters that go to IT straight after high school. Did you do something that distinguishes you?

>I literally get companies coming to the department I'm in actively recruiting.

Happens literally everywhere to every program. Doesn't mean any of them will hire your sorry ass when you're done in 4 years.