How can we destroy postmodernism? It's not only destroying society...

How can we destroy postmodernism? It's not only destroying society, but it's destroying our very ability to interpret society as anything at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nr9bVe68OZM
youtube.com/watch?v=q52UASp3Nmc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CwcVLETRBjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want mods to ban people who talk about psotmodernism without knowing anything about it.

I WANT THEM BANNED NOW
FUCK YOU
AND FUCK J PETERSON

Maybe I'm just interpreting postmodernism differently to you, user. All interpretations are equal and valid.

>postmodernism
>2017
Even Pelevin and Sorokin stopped write posmodernism man.

This is the most fucking retarded post and completely confirms what the other user said. Read a book on postmodernism and if you don't understand it just fucking kill yourself.

>it's another "postmodernism sucks... I really know nothing about it, but what talking heads on youtube are saying sounds scary >.

99% of "society" doesn't know or care what postmodernism is
only pseuds with nothing better to do actually think about this

How should society be interpreted, in your opinion?

Well, postmodernism is kind of dead (when it comes to philosophy) - no need to destroy it.
Gender studies, postmodern analytical techniques in literary studies, and all the other shit that emerged from philosophical postmodernism are admittetly quite alive right now, but since their philosophical superstructure broke off, they're kind of moribund. It's only a question of time.

Why would you read a book when words simply refer to contexts without any center of absolute anchoring?

I'm not proposing any particular way to interpret society, I'm proposing that it's harmful to interpret interpretations out of existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=nr9bVe68OZM

youtube.com/watch?v=q52UASp3Nmc&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=CwcVLETRBjg

>I'm proposing that it's harmful to interpret interpretations out of existence.

Who does that, in your opinion?

Postmodernists.

It's not going anywhere as long as there are atheists

No one in particular? Just ALL of them? Hell, who is a postmodernist in your opinion, and what do you think their philosophical thesis sre?

If only reactionaries and conservatives harnessed the power of the so called "postmodernists" that they hate so much...

I mean, John Milbank and Radical Orthodoxy is really interesting stuff.

We don't need to do anything, it's already dying.

>No one in particular? Just ALL of them?

Yes.

>Pelevin
>Sorokin

Mods please ban him
PLEASE

You know he deserves it

>tfw to smart for postmodernism

Is 'post-modernism' just a catch-all term for popular philosophy located after the linguistic-turn and perspectivism?

Nietzsche is the most famous/canonical figure concerning these, perhaps even responsible for those turns, and he was the opposite of a relativist/egalitarian (which is the main complaint).

Care to spoonfeed a pleb with a brief explanation on postmodern ideas or recommend a book on it? The wikipedia intro is pretty vague.

colloquially it just means "people who are perceived to be enablers of the SJWs"

>*buzzword* means "enabler of *buzzword*"

wow

Well, the vast majority of people complaining about post-modernism have never even read the "post-modernists", and the label is a poor one anyway.

Personally, by developing a theory of merit. When you can describe, without irony, your reason for loving someone, you are well adjusted. If that sounds silly, enjoy permanent boyhood.

I second the motion

Where do the popular ideas about postmodernism come from?
There are descriptions of it going back at least as far as the '90s that have it as
>relativism
>meaningless pseudo-intellectualism
>obsessed with language, power-structures, privilege
>anti-truth
>anti-reason
>anti-science
>etc.
I've never read any of the supposed postmodernists, only looked at a bunch of secondary stuff about them, and I know many people say the term shouldn't even be used.
How correct are those typical descriptions, and if they're completely off the wall where do they come from?

Post-modern literature is great, while post-modern philosophy is garbage.

wtf is postmodernism??!