They were the good guys right

They were the good guys right

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalpost.com/news/world/sales-of-george-orwells-1984-spike-after-trump-spokesperson-presents-alternative-facts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are no good guys. Males are evil and domineering by nature. That's the point of the book.

I wish would understand that 1984 was meant to be an instruction manual, not a warning!

Is that logo canon? Was IngSoc a multiracial society?

It's been a while since i read it.

It's from the movie. And of course oceania is multiracial. it's composed of the Americas, England, and Australia.

Yes, the inner party were the true heroes stamping out retards and degenerates like Winston and his gf whilst keeping the barely human proles in their place.

Unironically yes.

In the end, Winston found true happiness by giving up his individualism and embracing Big Brother. Freedom is man's biggest curse, individualism brings nothing but vice and decay. Realizing that there is something greater than oneself, and the joy of being part of a collective that all share the same goal, is to truly transcend.

no thanks

The happiness wasn't his. Also the ingsoc reigem doomed humanity by stopping us from advancing as a species. Why this is a bad thing is it means we're stuck on this planet, with all other life, till the plant gets eventually destroyed. Meaning no more life as we know it.
Tl:dr collectivism of that sort condemned humanity to decay whilest individualism would've made us flourish.

Winston was effectively "killed" and replaced with an entirely new consciousness. He, as a person with his thoughts and feelings, was not allowed to live in Oceania anymore.

>Winston found true happiness by giving up his individualism and embracing Big Brother.
I hope this is bait.

>individualism would've made us flourish.

lmao the West is literally dying because "muh individualism". Islam, a collective, will replace us in less than 100 years.

>Realizing that there is something greater than oneself, and the joy of being part of a collective that all share the same goal, is to truly transcend.

Pure and unadulterated cucktalk.

But why did they do it? Why perpetuate the rule of the party?

>lmao the West is literally dying because "muh individualism".
What did he mean by this? People today are more conformist than ever, not just what they think but what they even CAN think is limited by this ingrained compulsion to conform, it's the absolute heart of modern leftism -- which I imagine you take issue with given your ridiculous comment about Islam.

From the book

>The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?’

seems like user hasn't read 1984s bigger, smarter brother A Brave New World

The fuck are you smoking? The US is ruled by two groups that just parrot what the read on a shitty blog or some youtube armchair philosopher without a single original thought of their own.

This goes for their humor too, "muh memes xd let me say it again." At least in my lifetime, individuality is at the lowest I've ever seen. You pick a side and never disagree with it or else you get crucified by both for being in the middle.

spook city

>unadulterated cucktalk

that's what he gets for being a cuck.

orwell is the incarnation of the eternal anglo

I haven't seen leftists mention 1984.

>Power is not a means, it is an end.
I don't understand but maybe that's a good thing.

>news.nationalpost.com/news/world/sales-of-george-orwells-1984-spike-after-trump-spokesperson-presents-alternative-facts

Pretty ironic considering how leftists themselves play fast and loose with objective reality.

When I say "the West" I mean Europe you fucking uncultured Americucks.

So America isn't the west?

At least they're in contact with objective reality. Rightists are away with the fairies.

People in Europe are far more concerned with conformity and adhering to their tautological reality than their American counterparts. Freedom of speech just isn't given the same weight where in America it's an essential part of their history and culture. You go to Germany and the opposite is true. It's a threat to their history and reactionary culture.

Cuckspeak

bait, you made me reply though. here's your (You).

if not bait then you've somehow managed to read a book that is in no way cryptic, incorrectly.

Drumpf!!!!

t. Ivan Karamazov

I dont get the criticism of this anons comment. I think his interpretation is fine.

He wasn't Winston anymore.

Winston didn't arrive at that point naturally though. And you have to make sure the "goal" is worthwhile.