Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HOLY

ROMAN

Aristophanes.

No, Aristophanes was

EMPIRE

Is there an earlier example of shitposting than Socrates? Are there any shitposters in Gilgamesh or Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Bah. Aristophanes was too grand an artist. That's giving 'sping' a little too much retro-active credit.

>mfw "holy" """""""""roman""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""empire""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
This is one of my premium smug pics, please do not overuse it, thank you.

I heard they found grafitti in latrines of pompeii that were actually written with shit...

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

fucking GOLD

>I.4.5 (House of the Citharist; below a drawing of a man with a large nose); 2375: Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.

they even had comics

>VI.14.36 (Bar of Salvius); 3494: In one bar, a picture depicts two men playing dice. One shouts, “Six!” while his opponent holds up two fingers and says, “No, that’s not a ‘three’; it’s a ‘two’”. By the door of the bar, another picture shows a short man driving a group of men out. Above his head are the words, “Go on, get out of here! You have been fighting!”

>a drawing of a man with a large nose
WHAT
DID
HE
MEAN

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1882: The one who buggers a fire burns his penis

He sure took Liebniz for a wild ride.

This thread has been visited by the peen hot.

Bot

I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
R O M A
O L I M
M I L O
A M O R

>I.10.7 (House and Office of Volusius Iuvencus; left of the door); 8364: Secundus says hello to his Prima, wherever she is. I ask, my mistress, that you love me.
>VII.9 (Eumachia Building, via della Abbondanza); 2048: Secundus likes to screw boys.
fucken destroyed

He was clearly trying to warn people in the future about (((them))).

No, you are. See how it says "OP?"

I say this prayer frequently:

V.5 (just outside the Vesuvius gate); 6641: Defecator, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this plac

Scratched on the Spinx as well, if I'm not mistaken.

>Figulus loves Idaia
I hope they got together :(

Was he the ultimate shitposter?

You could say he was the best of all possible shitposters.

literally the ultimate human, god bless him

>hates kant
>tortures women to prove his point

Wait. Marat. By far and away the most important modern ancestor of shitposters everywhere.

haha yea sure dude! he was a shitposter just like us lmao!

this[/spoiler)

he was probably based and redpilled just like us to, Kek!

he literally wrote 120 days of sodom on toilet paper so i'd say yes.

The ancient greek comic poets were. Cratinus is the earliest I can think of. From Plutarch's Lives - Pericles:

>His personal appearance was unimpeachable, except that his head was rather long and out of due proportion. For this reason the images of him, almost all of them, wear helmets, because the artists, as it would seem, were not willing to reproach him with deformity. The comic poets of Attica used to call him "Schinocephalus," or Squill-head (the squill is sometimes called "schinus").
Pericles, as Athens' leader in the Golden Age, was responsible for most of its most glorious construction (pantheon, for example).
>The Odeum, which was arranged internally with many tiers of seats and many pillars, and which had a roof made with a circular slope from a single peak, they say was an exact reproduction of the Great King's pavilion, and this too was built under the superintendence of Pericles. 6 Wherefore Cratinus, in his "Thracian Women," rails at him again:—

"The squill-head Zeus! lo! here he comes,
The Odeum like a cap upon his cranium,"

>A small problem gets larger if you ignore it.
true wisdom
>Chie, I hope your hemorrhoids rub together so much that they hurt worse than when they every have before!
True hatred
>Take hold of your servant girl whenever you want to; it’s your right
True love

What more can we ask?

Yes. Which by default makes him the greater writer of all time.

Diogenes desu

Yes.

>I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.

>ancient feelsposts
I.10.2-3 (Bar of Prima); 8258, 8259: The story of Successus, Severus and Iris is played out on the walls of a bar: [Severus]: “Successus, a weaver, loves the innkeeper’s slave girl named Iris. She, however, does not love him. Still, he begs her to have pity on him. His rival wrote this. Goodbye.”. [Answer by Successus]: “Envious one, why do you get in the way. Submit to a handsomer man and one who is being treated very wrongly and good looking.” [Answer by Severus]: “I have spoken. I have written all there is to say. You love Iris, but she does not love you.”
>tfw Severus is the eternal Chad, Successus is the Supreme Gentleman