*faints*

*faints*

Razumikhin is such a bro to keep this lout from dying alone in his apartment from hunger. Do friends like that even exist nowadays? All I got are assholes who occasionally lend me money sometimes but think they had the privilege to disrespect me in turn.

stop being poor then

Well, but he's also fucking his sister.

am I a pleb for thinking the writing in this was boring as fuck?

At times it really got tedious, almost dropped it when he lied in his bed and people just talked around him for 70+ pages. But it's really worth to finish it and has some of the best scenes I ever read.

They disrepect you because you're too kind with them. If they're not willing to be as good with you as you are with them, you can't expect any kind of respect. Stand for yourself.

He was cool with him before falling in love with them.

Are the rest of Dostoevsky's books similarly tedious? Because if they are I'm definitely not man enough for that

I dont like that word, but yeah pretty much.

Yes. Go read Orwell or something then ;)

I will, he taught me how evil drumpf is! :)

>tfw no friend like Razumihin

Fuck girls, I just want a bro to hang out with. I've never had a genuine friend

>Fuck girls

i want to but i can't

one of the scenes that struck me deeply was when
raskolnikov notices him walking up to him so he crosses the street to avoid him - razumikhin sees him do this and chooses ''not to trouble a friend.'' ;_;

;_;

Hit me hard desu
>when he dreams about that drunk asshole guy beating the poor horse to death

But it was you, Rodion Romanovich!
my eyes widened, chills were sent down my spine and i broke in cold sweat.

when the hell was this? what chapter?

i really need to reread C&P.

I haven't had friends like that since secondary school. All my adults friendships feel like they exist only out of societal expectation, not an actual sense of camaraderie.

it happens in act six, chapter two - page 456. ''But you did, Rodion Romanych!". one of the biggest daggers in the book since (if my memory serves correct) he is never once explicitly accused (in person even).

Fucking goddamn people do this to me too fuck

Come to think of it I could be a Razumikhin

Everybody on Veeky Forums should strive to be this character

I believe bros like Razumikhin only exist in fiction

>when he lied about not being able to translate German to motivate Raskolnikov to do the job and get some money
>when he went through the whole town to buy new n' fresh clothes for Raskolnikov, when he was sick
>when he ran back and forth to see him and his family isn't worrying too much
>when he left his own house party to see that he comes home safely
>when he almost beat that doctors ass for implying Raskolnikov got crazy
>when he almost beat Porifys ass for accusing Raskolnikov
>he defended him until the very end

Man, when Sonya was reading the Gospel of Saint John to Raskolnikov, and the narrative constantly switched between the two, speeding up faster and faster.

What a great book

whoops sorry, i'm dumb.
disregard that other post i replied to you with,
it happens in page 52, chapter 4. ''Once, some two months ago, they had chanced to meet in the street, but Raskolnikov had turned away and even crossed to the other side so as not to be noticed. And Razumikhin though he did notice, passed by, not wishing to trouble a *friend*.

I always become sad when there is violence towards animals, that dream scene was no exception.

Raskolnikov got up and began to walk about the room. A minute passed. Sonia was standing with her hands and her head hanging in terrible dejection.

“And can’t you save? Put by for a rainy day?” he asked, stopping suddenly before her.

“No,” whispered Sonia.

“Of course not. Have you tried?” he added almost ironically.

“Yes.”

“And it didn’t come off! Of course not! No need to ask.”

And again he paced the room. Another minute passed.

“You don’t get money every day?”

Sonia was more confused than ever and colour rushed into her face again.

“No,” she whispered with a painful effort.

“It will be the same with Polenka, no doubt,” he said suddenly.

“No, no! It can’t be, no!” Sonia cried aloud in desperation, as though she had been stabbed. “God would not allow anything so awful!”

“He lets others come to it.”

“No, no! God will protect her, God!” she repeated beside herself.

“But, perhaps, there is no God at all,” Raskolnikov answered with a sort of malignance, laughed and looked at her.

Sonia’s face suddenly changed; a tremor passed over it. She looked at him with unutterable reproach, tried to say something, but could not speak and broke into bitter, bitter sobs, hiding her face in her hands.

shame for not spoilering your posts!!!.... sirs!!!! well then.... hmph!!!!!!

>But, perhaps, there is no God at all

Holy... I want more

*bumps into you*

When everyone talks about this scene they describe it as "horrible" and "heartwrenching". I got the point of it, and sure it was sad, but I wasn't especially moved by it.

Similar scenes in any book, they seem to have a very visceral effect on people like they're watching someone being tortured on film, while my reaction is usually much more callous. It's lead me to speculate whether some people are just overly emotional or whether I'm inherently less capable of being moved by the written word because of retardation/desensitization/literal autism.

In any case it makes me sad when I can't share in the emotional experience of something, regardless of the reason why.

Apparently that was based on a real experience from Dostoevsky's youth

S-s-sorry

Raslkonikov is literally me

*faints*

its autism. sorry, theres no known cure but there are charities that can help a little, take you bowling, talking to other ppl a little and such

This isn't a bad formula for gag-a-day stuff. Even the parody comic here is better than what you'd usually get from a webcomic artist.