Explain how physical books are superior again?

Explain how physical books are superior again?
>feelsbadman

Plus
>half of the written works in the uppermost book are not even from Socrates himself, they're just "Socratic"

I get to enjoy the permanence and experience of reading a hardcover book.

If they are old, worn books, the feel is even better.

here we go...

Because I actually read the complete works while you sit here posturing all day and shitposting.

either way, buy it
biggest favor you can do yourself philosophically

In text books, structure matters so it's nice to flip flop between pages. In a linear story - who gives a fuck?

It's nice to get away from screens every now and then

depends on the publisher and content.

A lot of digital copies are just half assed free domain copies of a work that is outdated by a few decades. Then there's the matter of a navigable index (if one is even included).

The translations available in the hackett are much better imho

Can't focus on digital shit, no matter the price tag unfortunately. Do you have a picture like >pic related< this one that provides all Greek necessities? It seems like recommending Greek works is commonplace for preliminary philosophy.

You might want to buy individual editions actually, if you care about having annotations. I know the Hackett edition doesn't include any.

Will I need annotations? Is it that hard? I feel like they take away from me actually thinking and struggling with the book. Then I'm just reading a list. You feel?

>plato
>favor

You don't have to read them if you think that you understand something. Besides understanding the philosophy, there are various references to aspects of ancient Greece that you might not be familiar with.

Try reading a dialogue or two online, there are free translations available, and see if you think they would be useful or not.

They smell good, they feel good, and they look nice on a shelf, desk, or a table. If you've read them all, it's like having a portion of your life and imagination sitting row on row next to each other on a shelf.

This is all very well until your apartment's bookshelves are already full and double-stacked, and the awful paper that publishers use is turning spotted and yellow after a few years.

Recently picked up an ebook of the complete works of Somerset Maugham for a few dollars. Cost a fraction of the physical books, takes up no space, and it includes books that haven't been in print for decades.

I think too many people are judging ebooks without having used a proper e-ink ereader. A laptop, phone or tablet is not a suitable screen for reading ebooks.

If you've got so many books in your house that you can't find anymore space for them then sure, have a go with an ebook reader. I doubt that's the reason most people get ebook readers though.

Gimme books

Go to the library. Physical books are free.

I want books not elaborate booger containers

This
Also I want a decent collection of books, not some horseshit collection of YA and mystery books with some low level research books mixed in.