>for

>no

>reason

Other urls found in this thread:

4poet.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Welcome to tumblr

>male poet
>poem is either tacky scene like "man on life support begs gf to pull the plug" or wake up sheeple
>uses big words incorrectly
>welcum 2 lit

get our roastie

ummm, sorry sweaty xxx
you couldn't capture the essence of shit even if someone pooped on you

who is /ourroastie/?

UmmMMM *Sweety. Why dont you show your face user? What's your real name or are you too cowardly?

I found an awarded poetess that had verses similar to this

>i farted in accusative
>the shit came out ablative

And it really made me think.

>>is
>>spaced
>>out
>>for
>>no
>>reason

Its called enjambment you
faggot, learn to Poetry.

>rupi kaur
>hack among hacks
>first poem is about rape
>still published

Really makes you think

Its more like there is 5 empty lines between lines of poetry, isnt enjambment
a new line
Not 4 inches of nothing between lines

"The wallowing willow wailed on the wall"
is not the same as

"The wallowing

will
-low

wailed

on the

w
a
l
l"

They are poems relating to human experience, they're in the moment of that experience. They are records of feeling processes and sequentiality of language; one cannot dominate language, master it, instead contemporary poetry is open at both ends, always seeming incomplete, transparent, sharing space with the reader in non-dominance of structure. They are kind of like scores, from which we can reconstruct the experience and the sound and manner of the poet's voice. Postmodern and contemporary poetry is a return of the spoken in poetry. Presentation not representation. The process of composition becomes the composition. Lower-case is adopted for its immediacy and to preclude the idea that the poem is words on a page configured to structures of consciousness (from the nihilism that value is only assigned by how things are adopted into the conscious and the imagination, that there is no other higher force than the human mind), that it evokes the spoken, the ephemeral, but still that everything has meaning. It's anthropological rather than historical. It's ritualistic. It's performative, with no time for reflection or selection, just like experience. There is more to the word than mastery of form and material. The space choreographs eye movements across the page, the material and space of the poem. Your somatic participation in the creation of the poem, which is its content, it is with you.

Sorry I mean fuckin roasties!!!!!

why do you do that? what you wrote is inacurrate, in bad taste and irrelevant. are you trolling or just a woman?

t. RupiKaurInternetDefenceForce

what a load of bullshit. We know all this, but does it make the poem good?
no

>female
>is literate
Dropped. Women only need to know how to cook, clean and raise children

>lmao dude shit on a canvas is beautiful as a picasso
>lmao dude words on a page are beautiful as a rimbaud

>female poet
>poems are relevant to current vogue and the dominant aesthetic project of the day
>poems work together with other poets' work to further this vogue and, therefore, tend to be similar within each era
>poems don't just wander off and do whatever the fuck, obsessing over irrelevant minutiae, straining readers' patience, and generally behaving like a drunken dinner guest before the rest of the literary establishment
>poems are - shock - often readable in public

you forgot
>poems are shit

t. slam poetry connoisseur

>male poet
>i met a girl once
>also alcoholism
>something something
>muh father

>Poetry
>This
>Is deep
>You dip

Waste of time desu

let me guess, you're the exact guy user was talking about. Try maybe using something called arguments when you disagree with something fuckhead. Makes you seem way less butthurt

its good to see fellow virgins here sometimes

>good poetry
>>timeless
>>never trite
>>dashes of irony and sincerity in outstanding lyricism and nature
>>metrical
>>written by individuals that had to scream in a deaf world

>bad poetry
>>contemporary
>>a burden to read
>>bland, lower-case, unimaginative
>>free verse
>>written by literal who?'s

You can be a starving artist suffering for your art and still make atrocious art. I don't see what's hard to understand about this. Being part of a historically oppressed group of people or being depressed doesn't make you talented.

bueno

Yes it does. It succeeds therefor it is good. Perhaps you think there's a universal theory of art, which just lets me know you don't know anything about the subject

What?

Nothing to do with what I said

t. new to poetry

Intention matters, they're not self aware.

>male author
>book is about muh ennui or muh unfairness of life
>uses philosophical concepts incorrectly
>welcum 2 lit

What?

But that's the complete opposite of virgin mindset

>using arguments to a satirical greentext
yeah, no thanks, I'll pass.
And it really isn't nice to call people fuckheads.

Bilzerian succeeded, is he good? If it really let you know I don't know anything about the subject, you wouldn't reply, so I think you're just here to try to defend subjectivism. Read some philosophy before posting more on Veeky Forums

>professor recommends rupi kaur

never have I dropped a class so quickly

Wow user, stop posting any time.
Lit is a misogyny free zone.

>female college age intellectual
>she's a pseud liberal afraid of Marxism
>secretly enjoys YA

every time

Is there a reason why female writers love 'understatement' so much? I mean the meme where they'll write as little as possible and try to have it imply as much as possible, often with heavy pity vibes.

For example, let's say the main character undergoes something traumatic, like getting raped or similar things. A male writer will fully describe the emotional ramifications of this, fully map out the character's thought process. You get a full idea of the character's mettle.

A female writer will write the minimum amount for you to actually understand what's physically transpired, then the reaction is wrapped up in this shroud of internal character drama that not even you, the omnipotent reader, are privy to. Chances are the next chapters of the story will be devoted to slowly drip-feeding the reader what could easily be expressed in a few paragraphs.

It's as if women do the 'What's wrong?' 'NOTHING' meme for characters they write, too.

The more masculine something is the more on the nose it will be, with all the delicacy of a blunt axe

This is why the greatest writers have been effete dandies or just outright gay like Hemingway

>or just outright gay like Hemingway
Hemmingway*, by the way my good man

What did he mean by this?

who are some quality contemporary poets? off the top of my head are Adam Zagajewski, Michael Palmer, John Ashbery, Myung Mi Kim

>quality
>contemporary
pick 1

You don't know the Bard of Veeky Forums, do you?

4poet.tumblr.com/

>you
>knowing anything about poetry
pick 1

That's not what happens at all. Why would you make things up?

These are relevant life problems. You can greentext anything into stupidity.

Bad writing, like pointed out by OP, does not need to be greentexted to look awful.

Not enjambement. It's a poor attempt. at concrete poetry. Friendly reminder that concrete poetry is not necessarily ASCII-esque.

All real problems, acceptable as theme. Your point?

Now that's a poor argument. Yeah, you described their writing style, so? What's inherently bad about it? Bad writing exists in every style. Why do you describe it as a meme?

>outright gay like Hemingway
what
Cuck I can understand, but gay?

>you
>defending contemporary on a moldavian skydiving forum

>i've never read any contemporary poetry beyond tumblr shit

and yet you are here, defending tumblr shit

none of the poets i named are tumblr, retard

sorry, i thought you were the other guy.

It could be described succinctly but you can argue that the traumatized subject themselves take time to fully understand what has happened to them, that its a drawn of process of introspection and acceptance. If you can grant that then that style of writing only does their experience more justice in a way.