Hey Veeky Forums. I want to see your ideas for inventions...

Hey Veeky Forums. I want to see your ideas for inventions, or improvements on already existing technologies that you think would improve life. Critiques and suggestions recommended.

Mine:

>cheaper X-ray CT machine for use at home
>can be linked up with AI to instantly diagnose tumors, clots, or the beginnings thereof

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach's_principle
technologyreview.com/s/515321/an-interplanetary-gps-using-pulsar-signals/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You'll also need something to prevent people from overdosing themselves -- or others.

Would be very useful when the rest of the family gets cancer from it.

The microwave oven stirrer has always bugged me. Microwaves bounce off of a motorized spinning piece of metal to spread them out in the cooking chamber. It doesn't do a very good job and the motor dies after a few decades. There's got to be a better solution. If you had precise control over the microwaves you could concentrate them on parts of the food you want to get more heat. Eliminate the problem of something being burning hot on the outside and still frozen on the inside.

>If you had precise control over the microwaves
That would be rather expensive.

A series of smaller uWave sources and using beam formers might do the trick.

All I got, might be useful in like 100 years if we ever get to the speeds/accuracy it actually works at. I was trying to invent a 3D space compass to go with it but came to a dead end as there is literally no way to get a 3D reference without relying on magnetometers or pulsar GPS.

But I mean, there's no sides on space. There only are if you're measuring relative to something, say Earth.

>All I got, might be useful in like 100 years if we ever get to the speeds/accuracy it actually works at.
What?
>I was trying to invent a 3D space compass to go with it but came to a dead end as there is literally no way to get a 3D reference without relying on magnetometers
Why is that a problem?
>or pulsar GPS.
What is this?

>But I mean, there's no sides on space.
Does this help?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach's_principle

>There only are if you're measuring relative to something, say Earth.
What is wrong with inertial frames?

As far as i know there aren't any spacecraft traveling at even a fraction of c so therefore the slower you travel the accuracy needed to get a reading needs to go up.
>Whys that a problem
The main problem is external apparatus is needed (the huge boon on most current satellites is usually the magnetometer) which are usually delicate, getting everything done on a chip would be an ideal solution.
>What is this?
technologyreview.com/s/515321/an-interplanetary-gps-using-pulsar-signals/

Once i was akid i though of making holes in volcanos with hollowed drill bits in orther to avoid explosions kek
I think controlled explosions would actually be usefull, though. For instance in that italy city nearby an active volcano

Some type of gas motor for a generator with mag-lev bearings instead of traditional ones.

My bad, didn't know about this, just used common sense I guess.

This sounds like something people would actually do.

except you would need hiper mega tugnsten drills that would get ruined and probably the lava will solidify inside them.
Anyways, i had millions of ideas in my life, i allways wanted to invent, this is why i am studying mechanics.

A humane method of execution. Lethal injection can still go wrong in many ways, and it is overall a quite stressful procedure. I believe a means of quick beheading could be much more reliable.

>revolutioniz X-ray technology
>plug in my homemade xray machine
>Sit in the chair
>Press the button
>SWAT the FBI and CIA kick down all my doors
>They sweep the house shooting my family and animals
>get arrested as a terrorist
>News says I was making homemade dirty bombs and killed my family before I detonated
>Jerome Adams is there telling me I'll never change how medicine is performed
>get butt fucked in gitmo for the rest of my life

Captcha: Sarow stop

Beheading leaves the brain intact. I propose that we use a pressurised nail and a CT scan to locate the area of the brain responsible for consciousness, and just have it be lights out immediately with no pain whatsoever.

>not making mini nukes to stick on the inside on helmets

My 7th grade science fair project was putting iron filings in paper and seeing if magnets could make it easier to recycle. Sadly, it didnt work but I did learn a lot about how to conduct experiments.

A refrigerator that takes heat from one room and concentrates it into a heating element that cooks food.

Thus there is no need for air conditioning in a restaurant.

A machine that you can put on the Moon that builds solar panels and builds more machines that build solar panels.

some states are switching over to sedatives. still an injection, but it's not as complicated or prone to failure as the weird three-drug thing.

money printer

I like

t. Refrigeration mechanic

>Hey Veeky Forums. I want to see your ideas for inventions, or improvements on already existing technologies that you think would improve life. Critiques and suggestions
Hey, no prob, bro. How much are you willing to pay for each idea?

Non-lethal weapons like a brain-controlled whip-like long arm. The idea is to equip the police with non-damaging true non-lethal means of defense, instead of simply less than lethal weapons. It'd be very light and have a long string of joints that are excitable by electricity into taking a shape or angle.

>A humane method of execution.
Dynamite would be instant. It would also gross out people. By US legal standards it may also be "unusual" which is also a killer (no pun).

I'll cover your AT&T monthly malaysian basket weaving forum fee