Dark matter and dark energy are just memes...

Dark matter and dark energy are just memes. They don't actually exist and they're just an invention to avoid our current faulty scientific models from crumbling.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

thunderbolts.info/wp/eu-guides/beginners-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=6zV1cLKJfbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dark matter and dark energy aren't just memes. They actually exist and they're not just an invention to avoid our current faulty scientific models from crumbling.

Prove me wrong.

Okay, let's assume it exist.

Please, show me some dark matter so I can believe in it.

lol they've got nothing.

>They don't actually exist
Define "they" and "existing."
Obviously the observations that led to the idea of dark matter and dark energy exist, so what are you even saying doesn't exist here? You could call the stuff being observed whatever you want to call it, "dark matter" and "dark energy" are just labels. The differences in behavior from other forms of matter observed still need to be accounted for one way or another. You're never not going to have that difference in behavior, it's just a matter of what you call it and how you explain it. And as it is, the practice of calling it "dark matter" and "dark energy" is pretty conservative as far as how to handle the situation since there hasn't been much of any explanation made for them beyond acknowledging they exist and giving them names. What other options do you have here? Ignore that these differences in behavior exist? Come up with a speculative and mostly baseless explanation for why that difference in behavior is observed?

>Prove me wrong.
nah, because you're right

Certain models in modern academics have become dogmatic and are blocking progress towards a better understanding of reality.

There's some guys working on a cosmological model based on electricity. They have good explanations for a lot of things including why there is no dark energy and dark matter:
thunderbolts.info/wp/eu-guides/beginners-guide/

>he has to physically sense it to be able to believe it exists

Superman could beat the s*** out of the Hulk.
God is currently living in Cleveland, Ohio.
There is a massive planet between Jupiter and Saturn -- but it's invisible and an unknown force cancels it's gravitational field.

Prove me wrong!

Some people on Veeky Forums have legitimate questions and are trying to learn.
Some are just ignorant trolls. Stop wasting time and bandwidth!

I like how dark matter defenders use the same arguments as religious people.

>they're just an invention to avoid our current faulty scientific models from crumbling
Yes, and? You got a better idea?

>There is a massive planet between Jupiter and Saturn -- but it's invisible and an unknown force cancels it's gravitational field.

There is a massive amount of matter and energy between galaxies -- but it's invisible and produces an unknown force that cancels the regular matter's gravitational attraction.

Explain the bullet cluster without some kind of dark matter.

Didn't they recently figure out that the gravitational lensing due to "dark matter was actually just hidden black holes or some shit

Nope

God.

I dont see you publishing a better theory you fucking faggot

An alien wizard did it

So are you not able to come up with a better alternative theory for the bullet cluster than God? So basically we have to choose between God or dark matter?

Okay, ill go with dark matter for now then. Nice.

Inaccurate (and irrelevant within a solar system) but I guess I could have picked a better example.
Let's stick with Superman, the Hulk, God, and Cleveland.
Prove me wrong!

The point is, none of us HAVE to prove someone's cockamamie "theory" wrong.
HE has to prove he's right -- at least show his notion suits the observations better than the current theories.

not him, but the principal force in the cosmos is electricity, not gravity

youtube.com/watch?v=6zV1cLKJfbE

>Okay, ill go with dark matter for now then
Why?
There's literally no difference between invisible, undetectable force called dark matter and invisible, undetectable force called God.

Its invincible, not undetectable. We can use gravity to observe it. We don't need to use visible light for everything we observe. As an example, we just learned a lot about black holes from the observation of gravitational waves.

And we have observed gravitational lensing from dark matter in the bullet cluster, so that's why I chose that over fucking god. There are a lot of indirect evidence too, from our current physics models.

Positive claims need to be proven first.
sage

You never prove a theory in physics.

You make observations and adjust your model if the observations doesn't match your current model. The goal is to create useful models that we can make predictions with.

Dark matter is just matter that we can prove the existence of, but can't observe. This could be for any number of reasons that I'm not even going to pretend I understand.
Dark energy is a meme though.

They should have never called it dark matter or dark energy, normies cling on to this and go WELL WHAT IS IT? GIVE ME THE ANSWER NAO! OH U DONT KNOW? SCIENCE DOESNT REEL

kek

I can prove that there are people with two arms (positive claim) by showing you such a person. I can't prove that there's nobody with four arms.

OP claims that there isn't dark matter, but we can never be sure. The only thing we can be sure of is if there is dark matter, if we eventually find some.

OP is a fag for saying 'prove me wrong' because he can't and will never be able to defend his position.

The universe ain't no coal burner ∴ dark matter doesn't exit.

So you're just addressing OP specifically? Fine, whatever, but I'm not actually interested in him though. I'm more interested in if dark matter is just a silly idea that physicist have come up with out of thin air or if its a reasonable theory with some degree of evidence backing it up.

I'm really unsure. I think it's an idea that stemed from theoretical physics since we haven't been able to observe dark matter (of course), and now the question becomes whether or not the theory sticks to reality that far (if you get what I mean).

It's the best we have -- at the moment.
There have been alternate explanations. MOND (Modified Newtonian Mechanics. Gravity might not be _exactly_ inverse square. It's not in strong fields; precession of Mercury. Maybe it fails in ultra-weak fields too.) But all such attempts have failed to fit the data.
What is Dark Matter? Axions? Wimps? Machos? Physicists are honest enough to admit they don't know.
A food chunk of it, however, has recently been discovered to be cold intergalactic gas. But that still only accounts for part of what should be there.

Lrn2meme fgt pls

That's "good" chunk.
Amazing how you never notice typos until the millisecond after hitting "post"

Maybe he's a chink.

The electric universe is pure pseudoscience. Note that they reject even such basic concepts are relativity despite them worshiping at the temple of electromagnetism, they're that ignorant. The electric universe has no interest in "mathematical physics", they take more from biblical liberalism and cave paintings than they do from actual plasma physics.

That wasn't the mis-spelled word.
But the text it referred to is gone and it's not worth explaining.

The largest component of the Universe is Stupidity.
Out-masses everything else by far.

Come back when you can explain the statistics of the Cosmic Microwave Background (pic related) without dark matter.