Hello brainlets I have a problem I made, but i do not know if there is an answer...

Hello brainlets I have a problem I made, but i do not know if there is an answer. In the picture related there are points, is there any continuous function that will output those points. The curve can extend past and below, it just has to hit those points

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_polynomial
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whittaker–Shannon_interpolation_formula
mycurvefit.com/
elsenaju.eu/Calculator/online-curve-fit.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It looks like rep(9,9) and rep(14,14) have the same x value just by looking at the image in which case there would be no such function, but if they actually have different x values in your data then it's possible: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_polynomial

I am looking into your link right now

done

If two points have the same X but different Ys, then no.
Otherwise, an Nth degree polynomial can always fit exactly through N points.
May not be the best answer through it you're trying to model some physical system. The Nth order polynomial can have wild swings in-between the points. A lower-order curve (or a non-polynomial) may be more "reasonable" even if it doesn't pass exactly through every point.
If there are points with common Xs, then you _have_ to use another function. Least-squares can help you find the best one.

Yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_polynomial

fails vertical line test about origin

BITCH WHERE

>about origin

here's the n-1 degree polynomial and coefficients...

yeah i fucked up the drawing, the points themselves dont fail the vertical line test

>that y-axis
why?

OKAY RUDE. BECAUSE, TO BE FAIR, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A VERY HIGH IQ TO UNDERSTAND RICK AND MORTY. DO YOU GET THAT? ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

>vertical line test
>autistically repeating "X test" names for the most obvious of facts

Kek, this. My girlfriend unironically says "rule of three" when she talks about computing percentages. I just tell her that the so-called "rule" is so obvious it isn't worth wasting brain space remembering it, it is just something you automatically do.

She is so retarded but fuck does she suck dick.

Top kek

Yes ,just connect the points with lines and have it be constant outside the range of the points.
That would define a continuous function that passes in all the points

But lagrange interpolation would yield not only a continuous function but an infinitely differentiable function.

OP said he needed a continuous function,not a polynomial. Theres infinitely many such functions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whittaker–Shannon_interpolation_formula

done

That's a regression line though

Is this least squares?

It's least IQ

why dont you define 14 and 15 as outliers?

Sure, an infinite number of functions would work. But it'll take a long time to check each of the possibilities.
A polynomial is fast and guaranteed to exist. Again, provided all points have unique X values.

mycurvefit.com/
elsenaju.eu/Calculator/online-curve-fit.htm

Engineering student

post her tits