Panic and anxiety disorder

Alright Veeky Forums, is this a brainlet mental disease? How do you cure this shit? I have feel the exact same thing as this retard:

youtube.com/watch?v=80vC6OR-FRo

Any recent medical progress on this matter? Last time I've checked, no one knows exactly what is going on, also no definitive cure.

try and look at his mouth, god damn

Anxiety and panic attacks?
Maybe no "cure", but there's Valium, Lithium, and getting convinced that nobody is really "out to get you".

"Mental health" these days is defined as "being able to cope". Millions of people manage day-to-day thanks to drugs.

It's definitely NOT a "brainlet" disease. Smart people (and well-educated ones) have panic attacks. Maybe more than average. Driving into a wall at 60 MPH is equivalent to falling 12 stories. The fall scares us, as well it should. But dullards continue to talk and play video games on the expressway.

>antianxiety medication
>rational emotive therapy
>mindfulness training/meditation

what did he mean by no cure?

note: lithium is pretty much exclusively prescribed to treat manic depressive disorded, NOT anxiety. try xanax.

I used to get panic attacks like this really bad like 5 to 6 per month for a year, there really isn't a cure there is only temporary relief with benzodiazepines, also practicing mindfulness meditation can also prevent them from happening.

Mine eventually stopped and I haven't had panic attack in about 5 years.

probably a seizure nigger.

anxiolytic nootropics should help senpai.

> Mine eventually stopped
what’s the fucking secret?

Time and distractions. Also a change of scenery.

What did your attacks feel like?

It's a fake meme made up by women and low T men

looks like a quadroon
racemixing not even once

Diet, exercise, and sleep. Philosophy and meditation is optional, but recommended. That will work for most people and you only have the right to complain about anxiety after you've tried it for at least six months.

>and sleep
you say like it's a simple thing for someone with anxiety disorder to sleep.

Sometimes I can't sleep for more than 24 hours, and I exercise daily.

"anti" "anxiety" "medications" tend to be highly addictive prn sedatives, or antidepressants that don't work in 2/3rds of the populations and cause sexual dysfunction and obesity in the other third. Obviously not what any rational human being would consider a cure.
>rational emotive snake oil
>mindfulness snake/oil
We really need the cognitive model to just go and stay go. Genuine panic disorder has a physiological basis, which a definitive cure would attack. reee.

this

nope. I was doing relatively fine until gf left me last year and I'm back to square one. Shit got so bad, I fucked up the last year of my PhD. Prolly off myself soon.

then eat healthy, meditate and find beautiful places to sit down and throw away all of them fucks to the wind.

remember that even if everything you have will disappear and all of your potential becomes failures you can always just walk away with your shirt on your beak and be happy again within a year tops.

Meditation and emotive therapy are not snake oil. Being able to articulate your feelings and being able to manage your thoughts are critical to being a well adjusted person, and those are both skills that you can train that will have a marked impact on your day to day life.

Did you try SSRIs already? Escitalopram just works on most of the cases, try it user!

Beware that the first 2-3 weeks it will trigger more anxiety, but if you manage to continue, it will just go away completely.

Severe candida overgrowth and likely parasites/malnutrition desu. Once I eliminated those variables and got my immune system back in order I lost a whole bunch of body fat, I feel so much better and I haven't really had an anxiety attack sense. I'm still getting better, but I feel like the biggest obstacle is out of the way now. It's hard to articulate here, but I feel like I have my life back.

Do not listen to this user under any circumstance. It is a pathetic condition to have and a horribly detrimental thing to your life, and big pharma is NOT the best solution, I would argue that it is a terrible solution to a problem that they help create. The excessive cortisol in your system is acting as a neurotoxin and you need to sort yourself out if you want it to stop. Benzodiazepines act as a sort of patch, and there are consequences (including further natural hormone disruption). Also, SSRI medications or anything else really are totally unnecessary for your condition, despite what a general practitioner may think. Also, clean your room.

That's why so many poets and authors suffered from mood disorders, huh?

HelLo. I am 4chin MEDICAL advicer. Have probLEM? YoUUUU are weak faGG0t. LIFT MORE WEIGHT PUSSY MAN. SEEvere BleEDING from BODY PART? you are week. ReAAD PhiLOsoPH4 AnDDDDDDDD MEDIATE, f4444444gggggot boy.

GoTO DOCtorrr? No. DoCCTor are returd. UNlike me. BiG strong, MEdicAL advicer = Smart boy.

Hey man, I don't take offense to this desu. I made this postI know a lot of people claim to be medical experts, but I don't know much of anything medically that isn't related to this horrible disorder. But I was given this same advice after years of struggling with severe anxiety and panic attacks and it was the only thing that actually worked.

If you want to spend money on drugs and be dependent on them for the rest of your life, feel free to take SSRI and benzodiazepines. But this disorder is curable, not just treatable. And the treatments you're going to get have negative consequences.

shut the fuck up and stop giving medical advice to people unless it's "go see a doctor"

To OP and anyone concerned, I took herbs mostly and changed my diet to something called the Auto-Immune protocol. It is based on the fad paleo diet, which I would probably want nothing to do with if I was healthy. But the more and more I learned about what was going on, and the more changes I made, the better the results were for me. The whole principle of that diet is the elimination concept. You stripping your diet down to the bare minimum, and avoiding things that are abrasive to your digestion tract. I had to give up so much awesome foods that I loved, but the anxiety really cut off the same day I started the diet. I also spent some days just drinking bone broth. The herbs I took were:

>wormwood
>black walnut
>oil of oregano

There were other things in the complex that I took, but these were the really essential herbs. I still had anxiety throughout, but it took a sharp turn the day I started this. My energy crashed and I had frequent bouts with anxiety from the "die off" symptoms. But I do not regret it. There are other things you may want to know, but you can do your own research and discovery process. The important things to remember are the herbs and the elimination diet. You don't have to take pills that crash your energy and your testosterone for the rest of your life. Good luck.

My doctor and the drugs didn't help me. Your doctor worshiping faggotry disgusts me. Doctors aren't necessarily bad but this disorder is widespread in the US and they don't have answers for people with such severe symptoms.

you're a retard. whoever is idiotic enough to believe you deserves what's coming

My last post, to people who are struggling with this please do a few hours of honest research before you put anything into your body, including SSRI your doctor may prescribe. There are several online communities that discuss the stuff I've mentioned ITT. I never took any of those herbs or did that particular diet without doing some extensive research first. But you may want to consider the natural option I've proposed here before you take any drugs if you have any autoimmune disorders like I did. All I had was dermatitis but my symptoms have been totally eliminated at this point. I only started this about midway during the summer.

I'm posting this to try and help anyone who may be struggling with panic attacks.

I have had absurdly bad panic attacks for 3 years. My panic attacks are triggered by: fear of having a heart attack and by mind altering drugs, or fear of having taken a mind altering drug. This means I literally can't take medication to help. This thing forced me to change my life.

I took two ambulance rides, because my BP goes to 170/100, my heart rate goes up to 150, I LITERALLY shit my pants, my mouth goes dry, my left arm and left shoulder hurts, my left jaw hurts, and everything becomes very surreal. Sometimes I can't even walk and I shake uncontrollably.

Once you're in a panic attack, there's not much you can do. Meditate and ride it out. You're fucked.
But anyway, I decided I'd do whatever it took to get rid of my panic attacks so I
1) Became a vegetarian
2) Sleep on a rigorous sleep schedule 8 hours per night with a 30 minute nap in the afternoon
3) Exercise 1 hour a day of HIIT exercise that sucks donkey balls
4) Do yoga 2-3 times a week
5) Keep my stress down
6) Started going to Church and living a productive life

I'm not sure if this will help for everyone, but it helped for me. These are not things I wanted to do. The main thing is to live healthy. If you are very healthy going into a panic attack, and you feel healthy, you feel much better. There's nothing to be scared of.

What did my panic attacks teach me? That the most important thing in life is to not suffer. Be healthy, take care of yourself.

Health is composed of 4 things:
1) Sleep
2) Diet
3) Exercise
4) Stress

Manage these. Your body doesn't ask much from you.

>1) Sleep
fuck
>2) Diet
ok
>3) Exercise
ok
>4) Stress
FUUUUUCKKKKKKK

>fear of having a heart attack
this so much.

Thanks for the advice user!

bumping interesting thread

>1) Sleep
no
>2) Diet
no
>3) Exercise
no
>4) Stress
no

Am I dead?

shut up, he's adorable

google "the linden method". i'm pretty sure it saved my life a few years ago.

Summary?

googled it, got nothing.

Care to explain?

>disinterested (presumably) single mom
ayup

kek

same desu

only 150IQ+ chads get panic disorder

Phenibut, kava, and or magnolia bark.

But mostly phenibut. I relate anxiety to the mind becoming "tightly coiled", and wrapped in self feeding, self reinforcing, borderline catch 22 feedback loops. Unlike benzodiazepines, phenibut seems to alleviate some sort of restriction, and provides a basis to begin the unraveling process. It occurs fluidly and in the background. Eventually you don't even need the phenibut.

Worked for me. I had panic attacks for a number of years to the point where my vision would go dark and I'd feel like I was spinning. The slightest thing would spur the tight feeling in my skull, my mind felt like hot mud, and then I'd lock down. No meaningful thought could occur. Close to blowing my brains out. There are things worse than death.

Diet is extremely important. If you eat trash, ie more or less any processed food on the shelves of any major store anywhere in the US, that needs to stop. Introspection is required as well, but not necessarily in the sense of excessive self focus.

exercise, healthy diet, and MAGNESIUM
I suffered from GAD which turned into Major panic disorder for years. Don't fall for the benzo jew.

Not to mention extended xanax withdraw,

this.

> muh magnesium cures cancer meme

Thank you. Anxiety is terrible because you can't rationalize your way out of it: there's no 'it' you can analyse because anxiety is empty, a hollow shell of nothing build on itself. You can't grasp anything, you lose control and you see yourself spinning in circles *because* you're spinning in circles. Truly a terrifying thing, but phenibut is helping and you can add good sleep hygiene to your list.

I had these so fucking much, Meditation is the key, it helped me.

Listen to Alan watts

>meditation
also add nofap OP

Cause past or current negative emotional state/unhappiness/stress. Solution understand yourself, use logic and institute change needed that add calmness and strength.

But there IS a cure: You need to get Veeky Forums.

fake, you can't really talk when you having panic attack

benzo just make it worse. get fit and stay away from drugs

you don’t know what you’re talking about. I can say anything during an attack. “I don’t want to die”is the most common thing people say

yes you can but not as noisy as that guy. i can barely talk when im having panic attack. talking put a lot of stress on breathing

there’re several intensities, some may even make you pass out, some will just cause what you’ve seen in the video.

I think this one is legit, but there’re really hundreds of fake ones on Youtube

If you want to stop panic attacks, shake your head side to side really fast until you feel relief. It sounds weird but it works.

Isnt that just placebo?

Wear gas mask to prevent mental altering toxin build up from chemtrails.

Stop believing the world is round it throws off your balance causing mental instability

Wear aluminum foil on head to prevent psion waves from attacking your mental state.

Most high is people have it

?? fuck off?? I didn't say anything about cancer
it is naturally calming and improves sleep
also necessary to live

> it is naturally calming and improves sleep
[citation required]

who the fuck even gets panic attacks like this?

just because you're nervous having a presentation tomorrow in front of a group doesn't mean you suffer from anxiety disorder retards

get a grip

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. I have a huge medical bill thanks to this, going to the hospital time after time again.

I tried meditation and yoga, medication, to no avail.

The fear of a heart attack is ultimately fear of death user. That's our ultimate fear.

The only thing that pulled me out of this vicious downward spiral was God. No, not the God concept, God himself. He can do it for you too. Would you like to know how?