Do you like sports, Veeky Forums?

Do you like sports, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz1nIHv6P6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't really have any interest in them. I don't understand why people are so fanatical about their team. I haven't lived in my home city my entire life, most of the players aren't from here, and the team is probably owned by some billionaire from someplace else, so why should I have any loyalty to the "home team" ?

Plus, objectively speaking, most of the games are pretty boring.

Love watching hockey.
Love playing volleyball (beach over court)

Yes.

I ended up playing soccer because it was the popular sport in my school and turned out that I was pretty good, wich lead me to like the game; but I think that all the fans, players and everything involved is idiotic.

yes, love the works of Zlatan and Messi

Everything else.

5. UFC
4. Rugby
3. Formula 1
2. Tennis
1. Soccer

If it makes me capital yes

just tennis. team sports just never really engage me

football is the patrician sport

Yes. I am an avid fan of NASCAR (and other motorsports) and soccer. I also watch tennis and baseball occasionally.

not even a little bit

I love them. I have season tickets for a soccer team and also follow basketball and tennis. I watch some American football and motorsports as well.

You mean soccer. Don't you ever dare call that crap football.

Damn right, faggot. Every week I play footy with the lads.

From Massachusetts big patriots celtics and red sox fan
also my father was a huge gambling degenerate

Kind of

I only like Duke Basketball, Notre Dame football, Team USA soccer

I am relatively athletic though and can play anything not requiring a stick

no. Childish activity

Bread and circuses.

Sports is the perfect union of science and the humanities. I like basketball.

Basketball is cool, fun to play when I get the chance. I don't really like watch professional or collegiate sports, too much advertising and it feels rigged.

If it has a ball it's no good.

My hard drive is half and half /sp/ and Veeky Forums memes

What is the appeal of races/motorsports?
What is the appeal of rooting for the "home team" especially if you just watch games instead of going to the stadium so much?

Association football

>What is the appeal of races/motorsports?

Generally people who actually race. Watching other people drive around for hours is boring as fuck, period despite being intense and involving.

>What is the appeal of rooting for the "home team" especially if you just watch games instead of going to the stadium so much?

This is a normie thing I'll never understand. Actually being involved in a team sport, it's cool, but being obliged to care about being loyal to some team playing something you don't play yourself because that's what's popular and you're expected to be invested in it emotionally is just something I'll never get. You can't even have a conversation where you express your honest opinion on this stuff because there's an accepted range of things outside of which regular people just write you off as being weird.

I've always really liked baseball and football, and I used to be a wingback in rugby.

No. It's okay to play sports for exercise but watching pro sports is for mouth-breathers.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz1nIHv6P6Q

>You can't even have a conversation where you express your honest opinion on this stuff because there's an accepted range of things outside of which regular people just write you off as being weird.
This is the thing that triggers me most about sports. The social expectation that you saw "the game" last night, people being continuously baffled and offended by the fact that I don't watch sports, etc. It's literally inconceivable to my peers / coworkers that I don't waste away my life watching a bunch of grown men throw/kick a ball around on TV. Even many of my close friends watch sports, do fantasy football, etc. and I don't give them shit for it or anything but it's honestly pretty disappointing.

>No. It's okay to play sports for exercise
You should be getting your exercise from useful, physical labor, hede

Not really. It's fun to go to a game, or watch one with a group once in a while.

But in general, I don't see the appeal.

Rams?

I like basketball.

Not really. I like a few that are less conventional, like fencing, but even then only casually, and I don't watch others/keep up with competitions.