Recent purchases

Recent purchases

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B014FVX8US/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=266KEO0EOVZFC&coliid=I1Z5NFVDH0ZJNR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

+1 on that barthelme and oxford edition of lear.

oxford editions are the best that ive seen with notes, commentary, and scholarship.

Prose Edda
The Life of Cesare Borgia by Sabatini
The Urantia Book

Considering buying this:
amazon.com/dp/B014FVX8US/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=266KEO0EOVZFC&coliid=I1Z5NFVDH0ZJNR

>Jean Baudrillard: The Defence of the Real by Rex Butler

>being used books

buying new books is too espensive, for the price of a single one I can get 10 at my local thrift stores

Recently got these two, can't wait to read them.

Currently going through Titus Andronicus and King Lear.

Yeah OP here. All those cost me 7 canadian loonies.

*expensive
Exactly, I just keep a list and visit the store weekly or bi-weekly and sooner or later, the titles on my list turn up on the shelves.

Bought this today. Only $214, what a bargain!

Am I missing something? That seems steep.

actual patrician taste, user

Hello fellow New Yorker. That's a shit ton of money. I was just at Strand a few weeks ago and got Meditations and the Executioners song for $8 each.

Have you read any William Blake before? I was just watching Manhunter the other night and I'm kinda interested in his poetry.

Is there anything that I should read before jumping right into?

How does someone manage to break the spine that much on a book unless it was intentional?

I think the binding glue drys out and cracks easier later on. Loses it's flexibility.

I was reading Benjamin Franklin's bio and 2/3 through the book it broke into 2 pieces in my hands. It was dated from like 1975 or something.

We would be great friend except you don't know how to buy books.
First things first, take note of all the shit books and things that invade your space.
Second, put that shit on eBay.
Third, use your paypal cash and purchase books freely.
You're all pathetic for not doing this.

My guess is the book as had many owners.

I hope you guys consider the amount of germs on these used books you buy. Half of my daily reading is done while taking a shit and I can imagine many other owners do the same. I hope you like germs in your books :)

lol, hasn't killed me yet.

>White people immunologic systems
Laughing my buttocks off

You could read his essays and aphorisms to get a concise introduction into his ideas. He loved Kant, so if you want to take the time to read Lectures on Metaphysics or the Critique then have fun.

No image but I got Egil's Saga and Njal's Saga.

Jesus christ those pricetags are robbery.

>$23 keats widely available used for almost nothing
>$14 shelley SELECTIONS

>buying incomplete poetry books, ever

lmao

>being a nigger shitskin

laughing my buttocks off

So my local Value Village had a 50% off sale on all books plus every fifth book free, so I splurged a little.... I only had thirty bucks tho and had to leave some unnecessaries behind. I'm quite glad with my haul tho desu. Can I get some recs? How is pic related's edition of The Picture of Dorian Gray? Also, (off topic), did anybody else really love The Princess and the Goblin as a kid?

Got this over the weekend. It's in my queue and will be read sometime this week once I finish "Gifts of the Desert" by Markedies

You should have an understanding of Kant most importantly, maybe a little Eastern philosophy he mentions the Upanishads

probably was intentional. I do it to a lot of my paperbacks. sometimes I fold them over the spine completely so I'm just holding one stack of paper rather than two. the red Vintage classics spines hold up pretty well under this kind of treatment.

Is this stuff legit, considering buying it.

>Jesus christ those pricetags are robbery.

Lol I remember when money mattered.

>buy bad copies of books
>also get overcharged

How does it feel to be doubly stupid?

Fuck you, you monster.

strand is great but you shoulda shopped around more for keats and eliot and blake, see those copies in housing works all the time....also strand bag is like 25 bucks right there