What is the science behind OCD and why does it make me want to kill myself?

What is the science behind OCD and why does it make me want to kill myself?

top kek op, nice image.

OCD relieves fear. It's an anxiety disorder.

can you explain the image?

dude, don't kill yourself. google " the linden method". it saved my life a few years ago, most likely.

Doing "carryover subtraction" on 18-9 results in 18-9.

I think he tried to put 9 into 1

Shouldn't 18-9=18-9? It still holds true

Carry over subtraction is supposed to make the problem easier and more manageable, where in this case nothing changes. Stop being a fucking sperg

It's a nice little infinite loop showing the limitations of an algorithm. What are you sperging about?

Dunno, but it's by far the cause of the most shit in my life.

>get anxious about something
>ocd kicks in to relieve anxiety
>ocd causes more anxiety
>ocd blocks me from doing most things in my life out of fear of anxiety and chronic head pain
>causes depression
>causes suicidal thoughts

That would be actually.

it would be , actually.

The algorithm is supposed to simplify any subtraction into a series of subtractions of single digit numbers from at maximum 18, so not really.

infinite recursive carry over

18-9=18+1-10=19-10=9
Freaking brainlets.

Heck, fuck carrying in general. Just add the tens complement and subtract the next right digit.

Jesus, you mathematicians are so fucking stupid. Engineers and actually smart people do it the efficient and simple way:
18 - 9 = ~10.

Don't kill yourself. I'll warn you it takes a few years to adjust to your OCD symptoms and make your life work around it. Good news is you're probably not a brainlet.

I thought this was a joke about basketball cuz the 1 crossed out and the 1 in the new 18 looks like a guy trying to dunk the 8 into the 9.

From what I've read they did brain scans with people who have OCD, and the part of your brain that detects error is overactive in people with OCD, so even though they've locked the door, the error detector is still going off, so they lock it again, and it keeps going, and this continues until they either become frustrated and give up, or become aware of the irrationality of their perception and try and use CBT and other types of rationalizing to move forward and not get stuck on small tasks.

I think what I read from the study is that the reason it's overactive is really just bad luck, they inherited a malfunctioning part of their brain- much like people with ADHD/ADD have shrunken, inactive anterior cingulate cortexes.

kek

Can it also affect your senses? My recent obsession has been on Schizophrenia, and I feel like my hearing has been heightened from constant fear of random voices appearing

same boat user...throw in killer migraines and we're in the same row