Recommend some Space Opera, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lensman_series
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gundam wing

Boku no Pico

Lady Ragyo is so fucking hot

Iain M Banks and then stop reading genre shit

esp. Excession - otherwise this is a terrible genre. It sounds so cool and full of possibilities, but its just a huge repository of 800 page shit bricks

I want to cum all over Ragyo's titties whilst she whispers the lyrics of Blumankranz to me.

The first three English translations of Legend Of The Galactic Heroes are out, fourth volume supposed to come out in June/July.

The Expanse series by James S. A. Corey

That reads like shit.

Nope, that's just you

Boring, perfunctory, workaday prose and ideas other people have already done better.

Actually, it's you who's in minority there. Expanse is total crap. Two blokes copy pasted Babylon Five's plot process, with same poor writting, minus the interesting aliens. It's hardly even space opera. It's cliffhangery telenovel.

Check out these series:
>Culture - I Banks
>Dune - F Herbert
>Zones of Thought - V Vinge
>Foundation - I Asimov
>Rama - A Clarke
>Ringworld - L Niven

Your mileage may vary, obviously.

I read a very good space opera a couple days ago called Theater of the Gods by M. Suddain. I liked it a lot.

edward elmer smith's "Lensman" books. he was one of the guys who invented the genre.

> speed of light is a physical limitation? ha, just watch this!

Quantum Thief. Although the sequel wasn't as good.

I know this board isn't really into the Veeky Forums side of things but look at that fucking get

"get" worship is very close to numerology, and numerologists are some of the stupidest fucking people in existence. they make the in-bred banjo-playing double-thumbed hillbillies look like fucking Wittgenstein.

okay, quads followed by dubs means you have to pay attention to what i said? go read the fucking lensman books. try to keep in mind they were written between 1948 and 1954, and are about the hokiest thing you'll ever read, but they are good, pure, unadulterated fun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lensman_series

>thinks that coincidence+emotional significance has no value
>doesn't understand the power of augury
lol at this

What exactly do you mean by Space Opera?
Do you really mean Science Fiction (or "sf") and you don't know there's a difference?

Space Opera is a subgenre of scifi.

Alastair Reynolds:
Chasm City
House of Suns

i understand the power of self-deception. it works right up to the point where reality smacks you in the face. NOW READ THE FUCKING LENSMAN BOOKS, YOU SRIZONIFIED FONTEMAS