From a scientific standpoint, is a healthy relationship necessary for mental health?

From a scientific standpoint, is a healthy relationship necessary for mental health?

Yes.

Why?

like bob and vagene is natural?

sexual relationships probably no. Relationships in general, yes.

speaking from the standpoint of a 26 year old kv whose close to necking himself

Reminder if you didn't experience PTP you are PERMANENTLY psychologically damaged

a waifu is enough

>PTP
What?

Kind of. Depending on the aspect of, and metric for, mental health that you have in mind.

Generally not. It's better go MGTOW.

If you don't get a girlfriend before age 20 your chance at happiness is shot.
The most blissful feeling in the world is being 17 in high school, not a care in the world, spending your days with your first girlfriend, and being her first boyfriend. It drives men to kill. Everything after that age is decay. Your sex drive slows. You devote more and more of your time to self-improvement, trying to remain attractive in the face of rising expectations.
One by one you take on the cumbersome realities of adulthood, until before you realize it you're just another miserable slave. Women in your dating pool start developing their own problems and addictions, and when you finally do get a girlfriend you are "just another guy" to her, she's been dating for 4 years after all.

In your heart you know i'm right. No matter what your life becomes from here on, your grandest failure, the incompetence that deprived you of the magic of youth, will nag at you for the rest of your days.

Loser.

Except that we don't agree on the most blissful feeling in the world because you convince only yourself sex is the best feeling.

So what you're saying is the best move is to not play at all and sever your desire for companionship altogether?

As a man you need a woman to grow old with, or you feel bad. The incell and mgtow bull shit doesn't actually work.

It's not something science can explain, it's a spiritual/alchemical sex thing.

Your body and mind have one imperative- reproduce. The purpose of life is to go on and in your case that means offspring.
Pretending you've found meaning deep enough to defeat this reality in art or math makes you a pseud desu.

Prime Teen P

Pure teenage passion

Then why are most MGTOWs old men who are recently divorced?

You don't need a woman. I've been alone and miserable my whole life, and when I finally got a girlfriend it was great at first, then a living hell before she cheated and left me. Women are horrible.

"from a scientific standpoint"

Shut the fuck up you big bang theory watching cunt.

Now you're sitting here thinking back on that time and how it didn't happen effortlessly for you. In hindsight you knew something was wrong, but it took the visceral shock of celibacy to overwhelm the "bee yourselfs" and "there's someone for everyones" that boomers had pumped into your system. Everyone who learns it has to learn the hard way that they were not fit to reproduce, not in this stone-age sexual market.

tl;dr gas the cunts, sexbots now

It's very easy to understand actually. We're programmed for mating.

Even though i was pretty abstinent myself i can't really respect anyone who hasn't gotten at least a little pussy

Indeed. It's best to cultivate lots of fuck buddies

>get a stupid cunt for happiness
Mein neger.

>being 17 in high school
At age 17 she fucked chads for 5 years already.

>my brain can process only one idea
Ewww, nigger, even monkeys can have up to 3.

?

Because literally everything about it is positive from social to mental to physical. It is what you are born to do. Not having a healthy relationship means you already have mental health issues.

This is coming from a McGill physics graduate researcher, with a nice British gf: ABSOLUTELY.
Love and acceptance are key components in mental health. If you are alone and depressed about being lone, your cognitive abilities falter. If you are alone and okay with being alone, then you're immune. For the rest of us non-autists, we need love to function at our peak.
Or in simpler terms:
>Man cannot live by equations alone. Q.E.D.

this board is filled with normies
that's it, im not coming back here ever again

me too. im out

>women dry hump raped me in my sleep when i was 12
>they were within 2-3 yrs
>3 of them
still a virgin lads, ptp is a meme

>ptp
the fuck is this?

You are on point about some things. I agree, there is nothing like that first love at 17. I havent been able to sustain that kind of passion and bliss in later relationships, and I haven't experienced that much heartache since. Seriously, breaking up with her was the most excruciating thing Ive gone through, and I'm a war survivor and have survived several fucked up diseases (mental and physical). We were both just so free and exploring our minds with drugs and yoga and going to crazy raves. I still choke up a bit if I listen to old house/techno songs (from that era) or watch episodes of Skins haha

But I disagree with your "its all down hill form here" philosophy. Relationships are so much more complex and fulfilling now, and much deeper and truer emotions are present now-for example deciding to share a house or to take care of a new life is a much more intense feeling than the fleeting love of teenagers. Not to mention stuff like acceptance, growth and self-exploration are a much bigger component of relationships in my 20s. To trust someone so much is a crazy feeling. Not to mention Im attracted to and seek out many different type of women now. also im way hornier as a 24 year old than I was when I was a teenager for some reason. My sexual fantasies are much more refined now and I know what I want-rather than just being curious. Also its a lot easier to find likeminded women at this age.

lol you didnt know how to treat her so she fucked chad, thus:

>women are horrible

this is actual neckbeard logic

Yeah, I love my girlfriend to death and try to do everything I can to keep our relationship together, and she cheats on me, and it's all my fault right?

I didn't know how to treat her, and that's why she cheated on me. It's just impossible for women to be bad people, right?

Bluepill faggot

/r9k/ needs to climb back into it's hole.

having a healthy social relationship? Yes

having a health romantic relationship? not necessarily, but why risk it.

There are genuinely shitty women out there just like there are genuinely shitty men out there, and it wasn't right of her to cheat. But you sound like a miserable person, and I'm not surprised she didn't want to be with you in the end.

He didn't say that sex was the most blissful feeling.

i cant stand girls' bad breath.

they're unaware of it because men are collectively afraid of mentioning it while making out during foreplay

I'd take $1,000,000 over having a girlfriend

Let's be real for a moment, also stop being a slave to your brain chemicals

I would even pay $10 to not have a normie girlfriend.

no, why would it be?
Again it depends what you mean by mental health. You might get depressed but depression is a natural mental state. But some people think its a disease or disorder or whatever and think it needs to be treated.

For that you'd need a normie girlfriend first

One can force herself on me with, say, false pregnancy accusation.

Yeah, because it's impossible to prove that she is not pregnant or that you are not the father

By the way how you identify being depressed. I'm 23 with no gf, no friends and virgin. But honestly I don't feel depressed at all. Or is it that I've been depressed for so long that I can't identify it anymore?

>Depression causes people to experience depressed mood, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self-worth, disturbed sleep or appetite, low energy, and poor concentration. Depression is different from feeling down or sad.
Do feel or have any of those feelings, if no then you are not depressed.

>prove you're innocent
The proof will take way more than $10.

She will have to pay if you prove her wrong

Oh then I'm probably fine.
The quest to become a wizard continues.

>it wasn't right for her, but it's probably your fault
I'm not him, but you're a fucking permissive retard. She could have simply been honest and break up.

Not all of us are from Alabama, Arkansas or West Virginia.

Yes

During the Middle Ages, the economic, social and intellectual elite, namely the priests, chose celibacy.

So it couldn't be that bad.

If you manage to fulfill your 2nd level need for love and belonging by being involved in your community while exporting your 1st level need for sex from one night stands, no. If you can't, yes.

...trust me though, it's much easier to just have a conventional relationship and kill two birds with stone. I've been juggling 4 fuck buddies (Tinder is the best invention ever) for the past year while taking care of my senpai and the 4 women I fuck are all absolutely batshit crazy and stress me the fuck out. I wish I would have just married my fiancee last year, but now I'm being a whiner.

>> kill two birds with one stone*

Ugh, sorry; I really need to proofread these before hitting send.

Yes, but it doesn't have to be a sexual relationship. You'll be a little weird and fucked up without sex but as long as you have close friends you'll be ok.

Precision time protocol, duh

>Peaking at 17
Get a load of this faggot

I have a gf, but I could get a hotter gf. I'm at the age where every single 19 year old on the planet wants me. What do?

> healthy relationship
Yes, if you could maintain a healthy relationship then mentally it could be constituted as a positive by the individual. Sadly, that's a lot like saying you could win the lottery and be rich.

>healthy relationship necessary for mental health
it´s cause and consequence

Just ask your friends for a brojob.

no

t. failure who never achieved and never will achieve anything in his life

t. a breeder

This is so fucking true. I'm so glad I spent my high school years preoccupied on girlfriends. The feeling of sexual exploration in youth is the only sexual feeling that matters. Dating in your twenties is like jacking off and getting that initial feeling of discovery back is futile. (Not that some people don't put themselves though mental gymnastics to convince themselves they enjoy their current sex life just as much)

No you don't. Don't shill this mindset when men are way better off not being co-dependant. Sure you can fuck around and form connections with women. But The best thing a man can do in this day and age is be mentallyindependent. Women aren't what they used to be and "growing old with a woman" isn't as much of a sure fire thing as it used to be. Not saying women are bad in any way but what I am saying is that it's lunacy to send your mental state to a gamble where another person dictates your mental state

Lol. Sucks seing smartfags so weak

Real shit

>all these retards advocating whining about women and removing yourself from the genepool
>all these retards declaring that hedonism and casual sex as a teenager is the peak of a human lifespan
why the fuck are you lot here
go the fuck home