Beefheart recipes

Hey Veeky Forums, I have some beef heart slices handy and will cook them in a few hours.

I'm thinking of either a braised or to cook them plain, like cheap steaks, possibly with a bit of lard and some herbs.
Tips?

Pic not mine, but I will take pics as I cook and post steps if it turned out good.

Chicken hearts are better for future reference. Good for stir fry or as part of a rice/pasta dish.

Also make sure to clean that shit well. Soak it in water for a bit

uhhh that's not a beef heart, op.

something tells me you have been bamboozled by a mastermind butcher, the likes of which this world has never seen before.

trout mask replica

>op asks butcher for beef heart
>butcher goes in back sees they're out
>realizes op looks retarded, so cuts a tough as leather hunk of meat in the shape of a valentines day card heart and presents it to op who smiles and says looks great, wrap it up.

Kek

Reading comprehension, what is it?

>Jokes, what are they?

Thinking heart shaped beef can substitute for an actual beef heart is a pretty big joke if you ask me.

OP should be ashamed.

I make pretty shitty steaks thanks to my shitty stove, so I haven't tried beef heart that way yet, but it's amazing in stew. I usually dredge it in flour, then brown it, and scrape off the cooked on bits with red wine.

clean 'em real good but beef heart steaks are great

I made chili the other night but my favorite thing to make with beef heart is curry

Please do throw your shit out.

Please.

Alternately, broil the fuck out of it with some half-way quality vegetables. I'd suggest choking that shit in some herbs and spices, but fuck you for thinking you'd serve it to begin with

Bee F'art

Where can I get chicken hearts?

Most grocery stores here sell them. Usually they're by the livers and gizzards

I've seen those packs, they gave about 12 gizzards and three hearts per pack.

venison heart is probably the most tender cut of meat I've ever had. Beef heart is breddy god, too

I've never seen the "assortment packs" before. Every supermarket I've been to sells them separately. The gizzards and the hearts are packed on those foam trays like most meats are. They're 1 lb each. The livers come in plastic containers sort of like a yogurt or sour cream tub.

It's all about how you cook it.

Heart is one of the toughest muscles in an animal because it's working 100% of the time. But like any other meat it can me amazingly tender if cooked correctly.

anticuchos

This. Or, squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag. Prepared fast and bulbous, got me?