Minced garlic

Minced garlic
>doesn't taste like garlic
>doesn't smell like garlic

What does Veeky Forums think of this garbage?

What are some other meme ingredients?

I dunno about you guys but every store bought BBQ sauce I've gotten lately has been super runny, even refrigerated; like super viscosity. Not an ingredient per-se but just an observation I've had.

I can make my own, but it still pisses me off.

probably those hard white puss things that come out of the back of your throat and smell like rotting horse dick when you have a bad infection, soaked in garlic flavored solution

that's what they look like anyways

Dried garlic isn't much better. Nothing beats fresh minced garlic.

I think I've spotted someone who doesn't know what meme means.

I bought that once. Was completely rancid or something. It ruined the entire dish I was making.

>OP is exaggerating
>That said it's inferior
Fuck sometimes i'm just too lazy to mince the garlic if I'm just cooking for myself. It'll do.

does that happen often to you?

I don't know about pictured brand, but minced garlic IS nothing like garlic.

The only store bought BBQ sauce I've liked was the Jack Daniels brand and it seems like its starting to be taken off shelves

I never had it.
I'd try it, but it looks like a waste of money.

So pickled minced garlic? ofcourse its not gona taste lie fresh garlic.
I like garlic in pickles and i can see it as a nice side dish.

God knows what all you cucks buy but the minced garlic i get tastes fine, slightly more acidic then fresh due to the citric acid in the jar but otherwise not bad. Good for marinades

It's fine if you're frying it.

I bet you could cook with those. Im sure its been done.

I agree, spices up the potatoes and onions.

I keep a jar of minced garlic in the fridge, I don't use it often it's just there incase I run out of real garlic.

I never understood the point of jarred garlic like this.

Whole garlic is cheap and it keeps a long time. It's a lot more flavorful since it hasn't been cooked as part of the jarring process. And it's not as if raw garlic is a hassle to work with. Just smack it with the flat of your knife and the papery skin comes right off. If you want big chunks smack it lightly. If you want it fine then smash it hard. Super easy, minimal cleanup. I feel the jarred stuff sacrifices a lot of flavor for a minimal increase in convenience.

And whole garlic is a lot more flexible. You can roast it, make black garlic, and a lot of other things you can't do with minced.

What made you think it was pickled? It's most likely packed in oil.

Why do you hate cooking? Mincing garlic takes seconds and shouldn't feel like a chore.

How do you mince garlic quickly? Unless you have a garlic press it's a pain in the ass.

Learn to use a god damned knife. Alternatively, buy a garlic press.

I use a god damned knife and it's still annoying to peel garlic and mince it extra fine

Put garlic clove on cutting board. Smash it with the flat side of your knife. It takes about 1 second and you're done. The skin will naturally fall off. If you want large mince then smack it lightly. If you want it fine then smack it hard.

That just gives you smashed garlic, not minced.

You still need to mince it with a knife which is an irritating process.

smash harder, grasshoppah.

It takes about 5 seconds to rock/tap chop the whole clove paper thin and another 5 to cross chop it to fuck. Alternatively you can grind it into a paste pretty quickly with a mortar and pestle. Peeling it is as simple as pressing it hard with the palm of your hand and it comes right off.

tf are you smashing garlic with you psycho

Just a regular chef's knife. I used to use a Victorinox Fibrox, now I'm using a Glestain.

what are you smashing it on. You gonna shake the whole house with your smashing.

>made in China

Normal cutting board. One of mine is plastic, the other is bamboo.

It does take excessive force if you try and get a fine texture from several cloves at one time, but that's easily worked around by doing them one or two at a time. Since it's literally just one second per smash you can do many cloves very quickly. Line them up on your board...smack.smack.smack.

Tonsil stones?
Thats a pretty nasty suggestion senpai.

I just lean on the knife to crush the garlic, not a full on autist smash.

shit why not slam your cast iron onto the garlic if you're going to sperg out.

You don't need to smash it like a retard bro. There's no sperging out, just use enough force to get the texture of garlic you want, nothing more.

Anyone else here like to eat the garlic cloves raw?

>Okay i'm marinating something or making fried rice and the garlic is basically just a garnish
I'm too lazy to get the fucking cutting board and knife out for one clove of garlic

You're supposed to double up on the amount you use if its that shit.

For when you really want your dish to taste shitty.

Anyone else here think garlic is gross? I literally can't stand it.