Other urls found in this thread:

huzheng.org/geniusreligion/lastthgs.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ap0fghIakaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dance music is cool desu

but if i had to guess, the russians. dostoevsky probably wouldn't like edm

any baptists

Adorno hated jazz, so I'd have to imagine he hated dancing too

Hemingway would have loved retrowave or electronic in general desu. Thompson explicitely said he hated it so I guess him and probably Capote too.

Hesse had a pessimistic view of people going out and dancing to jazz in steppenwolf

DFW for sure

Me only because I refuse to learn or cant

A man really needs to know how to dance if only a little.

Didn't watch the movie?

Fitzgerald desu~

There's literally a video of him dancing to impress Zadie Smith.

not me dude that shit is dope

>anti-dancing
Might aswell be anti-laughing. You people are dead inside

To go around in circles is senseless, aimless, anyone who
pirouettes has a self-satisfied, ridiculously vain, vulgar nature. The dance is a female
motion, and indeed is above all the movement of prostitution. One will find that the more a
woman likes to dance, and the better she dances, the more of the prostitute she has in her.
Moreover, this is connected to the character of the Bavarian-Austrian tribe, particularly
the Viennese. Their great inclination to dance-music is not an isolated trait, but is deeply
grounded in their being. Circular motion takes up freedom and subordinates it to
lawfulness; repetition of the same thing either looks ridiculous or feels uncomfortable
(Robinson Crusoe). In ethics, the character of the Viennese is fatalistic (“Never mind, can't
do anything about that.”); fatalism translated to the intellectual is indifferentism; that is why
the Viennese is apathetic, easy going. The waltz is the absolutely fatalistic music;

huzheng.org/geniusreligion/lastthgs.pdf

go back

dancing is the most hideous thing ever

where?

Please link this

t. virgin

holy fucking shit. i love this guy.

Hayao Miyazaki once described nerds as "humans who can't stand looking at other humans".

Schopenhauer hated dancing and music with voice/ theater.

jazz is musical vomit. anybody who doesn't hate it is suspicious. and you surely can't dance to jazz.

>giving a shit what miyazaki thinks for even the briefest of instants

>anything I don't understand is bad
>anyone who disagrees with me is evil

Back to /pol/ with you

>Jazz is undeniably an aspect οf the resurfacing οf the elemental in the modern world, bringing the bourgeois epoch to its dissolution. Naturally, the young men and women who like to dance to jazz today do so simply "for fun" and are not concerned with this; yet the change exists, its reality unprejudiced by its lack οf recognition
>Ιn fact, it is known that African music, the origin οf the principal rhythms οf modern dances, has been one οf the major techniques used to open people up to ecstasy and possession. Both Alfons Dauer and Ortiz have rightly seen the characteristic of this music as its polyrhythmic structure, developed in such a way that the static [on-beat] accents that mark the rhythm constantly act as ecstatic [off-beat] accents; hence the special rhythmic figures that generate a tension intended to "feed an uninterrupted ecstasy." The same structure has been preserved in all so-called syncopated jazz. These syncopations are like delays that tend to liberate energy or generate an impulse
>This ecstatic potential still exists in jazz. But even here there is a process of dissociation, of abstract development of rhythmic forms separated from the whole to which they originally belonged. Thus, given the desacralization of the environment and the nonexistence of any institutional framework or corresponding ritual tradition, any suitable atmosphere or appropriate attitude, one cannot expect the specific effects of authentic African music with its evocative function; the effect always remains a diffuse and formless possession, primitive and collective in character.

What an uptight faggot.

He wrote this from a wheelchair.

>Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

more of a meme than a writer, but Žižek

youtube.com/watch?v=ap0fghIakaA
>never in my life did I dance or sing... I cannot do it, it's too obscene...

this

Serves him right the fascist cock.

This desu.

>dancing is the most hideous thing ever

a lot of dancing is pretty boring, but if you cannot appreciate the beauty of bodily expression and fine tuned coordination/articulation you must be a misanthrope or something.

>using some dude who draws japanese cartoons to shit on "nerds"
This fucking guy haha

you don't dance to impress other people

You dance to get laid.

>"Look Zadie, I'm being new sincere. I'm surrendering myself wholly to the rhythm of the beat. This is how you pop and lock. This is how you do the shuffle. It is easier than you think."

The dancing isn't really the point.