I have a situation, I was home schooled and now I don't know any math at all. It's so frustrating...

I have a situation, I was home schooled and now I don't know any math at all. It's so frustrating. How do I self-learn all of HS math?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This proves that being home schooled is only good if your teachers have a phd or for major reasons.

There must be some book an basic math out there in the internet. I assume you know adding and multiplication no?

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations
Skip the geometry books

Look up online videos. Dr leonard etc

>Leonard

Figure out which elements of HS math are going to be useful to you, I can't talk for your country, but in my own there's a few areas that you probably don't need except it very specific circumstances.

You can self-learn:
Arithmetic: Slavin's "All the Math You'll Ever Need"
Algebra: Gelfand's "Algebra"
Geometry: "Kiselev's Geometry 1"
Trigonometry: Gelfand's "Trigonometry"
Calculus: Thompson's "Calculus Made Easy"

>This proves that

Logical fallacy.

You don't actually know what "logical fallacy" means, do you?

which fallacy is that?

Khan Academy, do its problems + those from the textbooks. Dr. Leonard is only really useful for college stuff

It is a logical fallacy. Anecdotal more precisely. But if you don't say that you may as well shut up, because just saying that something is a fallacy doesn't make it false (The fallacy fallacy).

But of course, I assume the statistics are on the line of what I just said.

>yourlogicalfallacyis.com

go to a high school

>tfw became homeschooled in the first place because school wasn't challenging enough and I was going to be taking algebra I until the end of junior year despite passing it with a C+ in freshman year
>didn't bother learning any math because homeschooling = basically just spend all day reading about whatever I want for two years
>can't go to any colleges because they all require at least algebra II and at least a full year of geometery
Self-learning it is easy though, just read HS-level textbooks and watch online videos. What you should really be focusing on is how to tie a noose for when you realize your life is worthless

Same situation. Graduated high school without taking Alg I or II, no chemistry, history, etc. Learned my math by taking Math 65 through 112 in college.

I'm having the same problem. I've enrolled in a local community college to start again.

>I don't know any math at all.
Neither do most high school grads. So don't worry, you only need it in some jobs.

Don't want to hijack OP's thread, but I have a similar question. Can I learn discrete math by myself at home, considering that I'm not very good at HS math?

it is called deduction/induction, faggot

>can't go to any colleges because they all require at least algebra II and at least a full year of geometery
Doesn't burgerland have some sort of standardized tests you can take to prove you know the material?

hs math is just being able to understand inverse operations. if it had been explained to me this way i would have picked it up much sooner.

unfortunately, most hs math teachers are simple reflex agents who only know how to repeat themselves.