Why humans getting tired? How it happens? Is it because cells losing all of their ATP energy and need refill...

why humans getting tired? How it happens? Is it because cells losing all of their ATP energy and need refill? is it because they are getting hurt somehow? what happening. would love to have a link of article explaining this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSybEPLNQ0w
community.lovenature.com/wild/up-all-night-7-animals-that-hardly-ever-sleep
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

There's a lot of evidence that your body actually doesn't get tired, and it's your brain acting as a regulator that signals (and feels) the tiredness.

The evidence in favor of this theory goes like this: If you start a marathon on a hot day, your body throttles back right at the start of the run, even though you couldn't possibly be tired already. Finally, no matter how long the race, as you see the finish line you can always speed up, even though theoretically, if your body was truly worn out, you shouldn't be able to do so.

Try the following experiment: the next time you feel tired (e.g., in the mid to late afternoon), instead of doing your usual routine, go out for a brisk walk (or run, or bike ride). You'll discover that when you get back to your desk, you're quite refreshed, rather than feeling more tired.

i enjoyed your answer and thanks for this.
so your answer is we dont really know whats going on... right?

What is the most metal way for the body to work itself to death?

I don't know but I'd guess it's the body consuming resources or getting close to damaging itself and the brain responding with sensations that make you want to move as little as possible to recuperate, not waste energy and to prevent possible damage

yy but what can cause damage? and how?? at microscopic level

I dunno, aggregation of damaging substances? Like if the exertion processes produces something at a rate of X, and the cells machinery can only degrade/pump out that thing at a rate of ½X, then you need to stop activity before that reaches a damaging concentration. You should probably consult a textbook or something.

i respect your opinion, i just need the article that explain these stuff... i cant find something on internet..

Consciousness is a byproduct of sensory input from the Primary Sensory Tracts through the Reticular Activation System and then to Thalamus. Reduction of sensory input leads to drowsiness and eventually to loss of consciousness.

Your body adapts through association areas of your various cerebral cortex's over a period of time, possibly recycling Action Potentials (APs) that go to the primary motor cortex and other cortices that send APs down to motor units.

This recycling of APs decreases the amount of APs needed to come up through your primary sensory tracts. The reduction of APs through your sensory tracts causes you to feel tired.

youtube.com/watch?v=XSybEPLNQ0w

Seems like most people on here don't understand basic physiology.
Think about what happens during exercise to the cellular environment. The by products of our metabolic pathways. Your cells can create an acidic environment that ultimately destroys proteins and structures. Now the regulatory processes in play are extremely complex and do involve the mind as well. But in layman terms its to prevent your body from destroying itself. Look up the word homeostasis; your body is always "fighting" to stay in homeostasis.

what is all this dumb bullshit?

(OP)
ATP is an important molecular currency of energy in biological systems because it contains potential energy within its unstable phosphate groups and is a fundamental co-enzyme in most enzyme-mediated catalysis.

you get 'tired' because your body becomes depleted of glucose or the intermediates required to form pyruvate and generate NADH and FADH2 via glycolysis/citric acid cycle in order to fuel the electron transport chain and ATP, via ATP synthase in the mitochondrial matrix (which utilizes the proton gradient generated by the oxidation of NADH and FADH2 in the IMM/IMS to convert ADP to ATP). at the end of ETC, oxygen is reduced via the electrons released by NADH and FADH2 and the more ATP you must generate, the more electrons must be deposited onto oxygen molecules, thus you breathe more heavily (consume more oxygen) during aerobic exercise.

Because your skeletal muscle cells perform these processes less efficiently than your liver, your skeletal muscle cells with convert excess NADH and pyruvate generated by glycolysis into lactate and NAD+, which can then be transported to the liver via the bloodstream, converted back to pyruvate (because of the differences in thermodynamic favorability of the reaction) and used to generate glucose, which can then be delivered back to your muscles for continued glycolysis. this is called the cori cycle - google

Kek at the copy and paste. And you know what occurs when you produce lactate? It produces H+ which lowers the pH thus messing up enzymatic activity. What you described is the instance in which you completely deplete the muscle of glycogen and glucose. Which isn’t gonna happen to your average joe.

Going back to enzymatic activity. Lower pH will fuck up the PFK enzyme in glycolysis which is your rate limiting step. And inadequate supplementation of oxygen to the mitochondria will cause “tiredness” also. It really comes down to which “tiredness” the OP is referring to.

Kudos for your attempt tho.

Also
The Cori Cycle isn’t for fueling energy into the skeletal muscle. It’s about taking the oxygen debt away from the muscle into the liver and preventing lactic acidosis.

>copy and paste
what?

This post is so passive aggressive it hurts. Explain to me exactly how production of lactate generates enough protons to lower the pH of the cytosol, which is where glycolysis and lactate generation takes place. Just so you know, no amount of protons generate by glycolysis will affect the overall pH of the cytosol, which is very obviously buffered by an incredible amount of water.

No, what I described was what happens when the muscle is depleted of glucose. A skeletal muscle will begin degrading glycogen as necessary by epinephrine or glucagon, which will stimulate the phosphorylation and inhibition of glycogen synthase and the activation of glcyogen phosphorylase via AC/cAMP/PKA

>Lower pH will fuck up the PFK enzyme in glycolysis which is your rate limiting step.
cytosolic pH is not an effector of PFK. PFK is regulated by phosphorylation, AMP, and ATP concentrations predominantly.

>The Cori Cycle isn’t for fueling energy into the skeletal muscle. It’s about taking the oxygen debt away from the muscle into the liver and preventing lactic acidosis.
You are legit wrong, but I appreciate your attempt at googling this subject and learning more about it.

Thanks.

Also,

I really think you should google the cori cycle.

Think about this

1. So what you’re saying is that when we get tired it’s cause we deplete glucose sources. Would that be true in all forms of exercise?

2. Why do we see an increase in RQ over 1.0 if proton generation wasn’t a main factor. Why would the kidneys need to produce more bicarbonate? Or even make that adaptation to high intensity aerobic exercises?

3. You mention the PFK regulators. So does pH not have an effect on enzymatic activity?

Where did you get these questions from? lol Read my previous posts and reply to them, and then ask me questions based upon what I've said. Why did you begin mentioning different forms of exercise? Or kidneys? or different intensities of aerobic exercise?

I already explained to you what regulates PFK and why generation of protons would not have an effect, your third question is already answered.

Where are you getting these questions from and this information that you are posting? I don't think you know a whole lot about the biochemstry of carbohydrate metabolism.

to test your mind's willpower, try working yourself without sleep. you will die, but you will achieve mind over matter for a brief moment. this is what some korean gamers do..they game until they die from exhaustion.

look up lactic acid. pretty basic stuff. didn't you fellahs learn about it in physiology class.

your body has natural ways to signal that you should take a break and not over-exhaust yourself. one of these is lactic acid build-up which yields a sensation of pain. another is that neurochemical stuff that makes you feel sleepy and tired...drinking caffeine blocks those from hitting receptors. it's all very basic. your body is a weak fag unless you train it and keep pushing limits.

Strength doesn't necessarily equal exhaustion. If you're in pain for example and swollen it's gonna be really hard to have strength. Even though you may have an actual injury, if you take a pain reliever you'll notice an increase in strength

Not the guy you're replying to but your responses seem very textbook so it's no wonder you're getting accused of copy and paste.

>Just so you know, no amount of protons generate by glycolysis will affect the overall pH of the cytosol, which is very obviously buffered by an incredible amount of water.
Not necessarily true. Look up acidosis. Particularly of the metabolic kind. It's not so much lactate production, which actually helps increasing pH because it limits glycolysis and ATP hydrolysis by using up pyruvate and NAD+.
Really the main culprit in increasing cytosolic pH is ATP hydrolysis which ultimately releases protons.

Even small changes in pH can have large ramifications in physiology. This usually initiates long before glucose reserves are depleted if you are being well fed.

To OP, the feelings of tiredness are reflexive actions, according to conventional medicine, to prevent further damage to the body. It's a stress feeling generated from a number of events that include increased respiratory rate (therefore increased stress on respiratory muscles = more nervous stimulation that says "i'm tired"), increased pH in the blood (acidosis), and some nervous impulses from psychological stimuli usually involving circadian rhythms and hormonal responses (e.g. I've been up too long, need to go to bed).

Thank you all for you answer
My favorites that make more sense to me:
1)Lets keep answering... Based on these you said... What makes some other animals different than us? and they dont sleep?

"While most infants of many species sleep a lot more and more deeply than adults, killer whale calves and baby dolphins are exceptions. They will spend the first few months of their lives wide awake with absolutely no sleep."

>community.lovenature.com/wild/up-all-night-7-animals-that-hardly-ever-sleep

2)Does it really matter that much what we did in our day?I mean, we sleep the same hour every day, it doesnt really matter how much i used body or my mind except the days i do smth really extreme tho

Our simulation's CPU can only handle so many processes at one time so all living things must go into sleep mode for a significant portion of their existence to reduce strain on the system. Dreams are how the simulation defrags you. Another way the simulation's CPU saves resources is by only rendering textures if somebody is looking at them.

>all living things must go into sleep mode

bump

I didn't mind clicking a few cars and street signs to bump an interesting thread with interesting replies

switch to legacy captcha in the settings

Accumulated minor mechanical damage, build up of metabolic waste, and depletion of antioxidants. Lipid peroxidation and protein inactivation results. The rate at which glycogen can be released from the liver is finite. glial stores of glycogen are finite, acetylcholine is finite, sometimes the brain gets tired. Also shit with maintaining membrane potential, which is very intensive.

>My favorites that make more sense to me:

Veeky Forums in a nutshell

dude i asked for a book article or smth... nobody gave me something like this... well i will keep some opinions that make a bit of sense instead of have no idea whats maybe going on...