Hey guys, really insecure highschool student here. I know some basic quantum physics: entanglement...

Hey guys, really insecure highschool student here. I know some basic quantum physics: entanglement, elementary particles, other basic stuff. I also watch a lot of Rick and Morty and, occasionally, Numberphile.

What should I do to learn about String theory? I want to advance my own knowledge and help ascend humanity.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0079610715001133
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off

>2000 + 17
> thinks str*ng theory is still relevant
fuck off

Dank thread bro! You're really fitting in on your first day at Veeky Forums (tm)! Have fun!

> only knows basic quantum physics
> watches rick and morty
> watches numberphile
> wants to learn about string theory

obvious_bait.jpg

Its not.

You don't know shit.

I may not be an expert but I am pretty sure I know way more than the fellow tards in my class. My whole school(including Teachers and Principal) perhaps.

If you want to feel smart you're better off reading philosophy. It's more complex than physics, and doesn't require much math.

Just keep watching r&m ull get string theory eventually

>philosophy
>more complex science

You really think you're some hot shit, don't you?

No. Philosophy is for brainlets.

Dude string theory is ezpz. Particles are just the ends of 11-dimensional strings. The vibration of the strings determines the type if particle, duhhhh

As a brainlet philosopher. I need a math and science dude to help me understand phenomenological philosophy
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0079610715001133
Can you help me?, What's the just of it?

I was thinking about making a bait thread similar to this one, something about pop science, and what not, but you beat me to it, and pulled it off in far fewer words than I would have and far better. Even if not intentional, bravo.

the stuff you say you know is retention of like 5 sentences, the best thing you can do is start with maths, familiarise yourself with inhomogenous ODEs, PDEs, fourier series and vector calculus then you have the basis to start learning actual physics

motls.blogspot.com

desu now that I'm near graduating in the same physics program he did I'm starting to understand why he's a fucking nutcase

can have original without pepe?

Pepe only, sorry friend.

this (no samefag)

all i colud do. for now

Just do what everyone does to learn physics. Learn Calculus and Basic Mechanics if you haven't already, then go on the route from there. Take AP Calc and AP Physics C if your HS offers it.

this is the only correct answer

>I know some basic quantum physics

No, you don't.

If you're so smart you fucking brainlet, you can start with introductory abstract algebra, vector calculus, and differential equations. All babby tier maths.

You don't know shit. Get off this board.

What is calculus? Call me names if you must, but I have no idea. It was invented by Newton, right?

How can you understand rick and mortuary and not know string theory