Expanding Brain Memes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QoCcDi8zH8M
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that last one an alex jones quote

Probably more Alan Watts than Alex Jones.

same shit

I-i've been stumped.

>dude lsd lmao

I like this meme

Cringe!

more like the opposite

Wew

WRONG

If you really think that you're retarded

Don't be mad, brainlet. Someday you might understand.

How did you call me?

Brainlet.

This meme has long since died.

I like this one

They got shit over the last ones

Kutuzov was a fag. A strategic failure. The literal definition of a pseud.

Meme-wise
1. /tv/
POWER GAP
2. Veeky Forums
3. /a/
4. /mu/

>brilliant well-educated imperial officer of highest rank
>participated in and lead countless successful battles against Turks, Poles and French
>correctly warned against engaging in Austerlitz
>defeated Napoleon and saved Russia with an ingenious strategical plan
>200 years later gets called a pseud by an autistic teenager on a lao pearl-diving forum
How will he ever recover?

/mu/ definitely has higher quality memes than Veeky Forums
no idea about /a/

This is accurate.

2bh I don't know about /a/ either. /mu/ used to be much more memetastic maybe until a year ago and Veeky Forums is much memyer lately

more like

the opposite

Oh course you do. You're a pleb.

Last picture should be @nntaleb twitter account

which phase are you on?

nice dude you got the joke

This makes me anxious

in the end it's a spook anyway. replaced religion with myth, tradition, community. 3 new gods.

when is the dude gonna do things for himself and not vague unexistent ideals? never if he never stops being a fool.

>not including Veeky Forums anno 2015

Why does everyone hate protestants?

They're literally why the world is still so shit.

Also because it's a dumb concept in general.

It's just the most vanilla flavour of Christianity to most people who post on Veeky Forums. And, obviously, the most vanilla flavour is the most boring one.

SOLA SCRIPTURA
filthy papist

Scripture itself says we should read Scripture in the light of Tradition.

lol

Vatican II isn't scripture

2 Thess. 2:15

well duh, that's because they had access to the primary sources back then, but as time has passed the traditions have become more unreliable and contradictory

So a divinely inspired command can no longer be fulfilled? Interesting.

This is actually pretty accurate but I don't think Veeky Forums is ready to take a redpill this large.

Who is the command for? I believe it was for the Thessalonians, not for me. I was not taught any tradition by the Apostles' spoken word.

I do not believe tradition is necessarily a bad thing, only that there are many dubious doctrines held by the Catholic church, such as compulsory tithing, papal infallibility, and calling priests "Father". These traditions contradict scripture and I wouldn't be surprised if they were born from ulterior motives.

This is my favourite meme

They post it on tumblr now, so it has well and truly died.

k e k

The only iteration of this meme that can rival this one is

>pic related

original content

Fixed with a better template

I'm unironically on level 5, though I don't think that visions are real. Fundamentally all that exists is matter and energy, and if there is any great oneness or unity it is in that. We are all atoms, we always were and will always be. There was no creation, nothing cannot come from nothing, in a closed system energy and matter must be conserved. I think humans have a natural understanding of the infinite and the divine, but we misattribute it to humanesque gods and bad metaphysics

criminally underrated

Is this a meta-ironic or post-ironic meme?

fucking kek

You are probably a chav/redneck if you don't respect Kutusov. HURRR WHY HE DIDNT RUSH AT FROGS

I hope this is one of those non-ironic charts where it actually gets better as it goes up, because Friedman is by far the smartest guy on that chart.

Same and I actually went through all the phases on this chart.

I use dogears instead of bookmarks because I'm a lazy fuck and I don't give a shit.

you know what they say, how older they are the more they suck dick.

This.

God I hate Protestants.

[s4s] is the most ascended board of all.

Lacan wished he would have been crippled with the same type of angst Kierkegaard was harboring.

but that's not in chronological order

because their intellectual tradition, especially as experienced by most practitioners, is extremely shallow compared to that of Catholicism and Orthodoxy.

Your "tradition" is "bind what God hath not." Modern day Pharisees and Sadducees.

You follow the form, but not the function. They say faith without works is dead. But Catholicism is works without faith. It's just symbols, it's materials, it's outward stuff.

Needs one more phase.
>Realizing that the visions and tackling them was not the deeds of primitive people, but highly advanced and intelligent
>Realizing that the only reason modern world sucks is because we fail to see where we are, and the modern mythology is full of arbitrary filth we push everywhere - especially history - to feel better about ourselves

Maybe for some, but not for all. Symbols symbolize something. Outward signs signify inward dispositions. Just because it is possible to imitate the signs without possessing the corresponding inward disposition doesn't mean it is the norm. However, that wasn't my point in . Catholicism has a 2000 year intellectual tradition stretching from Augustine to Aquinas to modern popes like JPII and Benedict. Protestantism's "intellectual" tradition consists of "lol sola scriptura amirite"

Because protestantism killed theology and started molding scripture for political goals.
Just see how the JQ goes.

>bottom is mandarin "that feel when no gf"

youtube.com/watch?v=QoCcDi8zH8M

Yeah, dude. Milton Friedman's my boy

One is the word of God, the other are the words of men.

The debate isn't God's word vs. man's word; it's a question of mans words about God's word. Why is Protestantism filled with 30 thousand different sects that all contradict each other, and why does Catholicism present a unified tradition? Sola Scriptura isn't God's word; it's an individual interpretation of God's word, and it's possible to drag just about any meaning you want out of a given text. Catholicism is an interpretation of scripture, but instead of being an individual's interpretation (2 Peter 1:20), it is backed by 2000 years of tradition and the teaching authority of the successor of Peter. Jesus prayed "that they may all be one." (John 17:20) Catholicism is unified; Protestantism is not.

All the smart Protestants became secularists and are in decline.

Or became Catholics, i.e. John Henry Newman

who dey is

Taleb is the ultimate troll of the academics

dank

i was not ready

The Catholic church was a political body.

Is the last one really better than Antifragile? I've been thinking about Antifragile a lot lately but wasn't sure of more Taleb would just be a rehash of the same ideas.

The Catholic church is a political body.