Daily reminder that he Earth is not a sphere because the atmosphere has no substance and water isn't land

Daily reminder that he Earth is not a sphere because the atmosphere has no substance and water isn't land.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/earth-is-not-round/
twitter.com/neiltyson/status/934906611088359426
nsidc.org/cryosphere/frozenground/plants.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's highly exaggerated tho

The earths crust is really thin.

>that scale
>+/- 80 m compared to the 1200+ km diameter of the earth
so you're saying the earth is a sphere with diameter 12742 km +/- 0.0006%

300 km(12700ish km) = a lot of exaggerated nonexistent nothingness to equate into the size of the earth to.

I doubt whoever made this image took more than 10 points around the earth to make that picture

scientificamerican.com/article/earth-is-not-round/

This is without the J2 term though. Either way its still basically a sphere.

isn't this just gravitational anomaly?

Fucking brainlet, that's a map of the gravitational strength around the earth, not its actual dimensions.

TIL gravity is measured in m

Just like you can measure a force in kg.

Round earthers btfo, how will they ever recover?!

>t. retard

NASA took this pic

>Earth is not a sphere
...because it is a BALL, you retard

it has plenty of data points, but is intentionally exaggerated

Exactly, I see this pic being posted by morons/trolls all the time.

btw, the meter scale is the height difference that the gravitational acceleration difference corresponds to.

>Massively not to scale

It's where sea level would be at any point on Earth as a distance from the mean.

My point exactly, it's a chicken nugget.

What people here neglect is that water and oxygen are NOT substance. By considering the oxygen and water in the shape and substance of the earth, you are essentially judging the weight of someone by the them and the ca they're sitting in.

>b-but MUH GLOBE EARTH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA
WHEN WILL GLOBE EARTHERS LEARN?

twitter.com/neiltyson/status/934906611088359426

The earth is not flat and the earth is not round!

Yes.

>the atmosphere has no substance
Get off Veeky Forums and go back to /pol/.

It's technically an oblate ellipsoid, but to call it anything other than a sphere outside of an academic environment is pedantic.

Even if there was no water, the highest mountains and lowest points in the ocean are not that high compared to the diameter of the Earth. Humans could not make a sphere smoother than the earth, even with the imperfections on the planet.

>Humans could not make a sphere smoother than the earth, even with the imperfections on the planet.
Yes they could.

Who IS this guy?

That's like saying "Calling a TV Dinner anything but a steak is uneducated bullshit."

Why can't we have a true photo of the Earth?

We need something on both ends of the earth that sends vibration signals back and forth to draw an image of the substance of our planet and we could form a three-dimensional image of the geographical earth.

How come atmosphere and the water doesn’t count?

In theory it technically is round; excluding hills obviously, water still accounts for earths mass and with logic if it wasn't there we can assume it'd fill up with land anyway.

but mars is bumpier than earth

Topologically it is.

The earth... Is a hairy dog

If you would scale earth to be like normal globe model and empty it from it's water it's not enough to fill a shot glass.

If you make it pool ball sized you couldn't feel any irregularities.

>southern India swallowed in a deep trench with no buffer
If only.

Because chemicals aren't substance. Is gas part of a car, or is it just something inside of it?

B-baiting right?

Am I wrong?

Electrons are a substance?

So are particles in a solar field around a star, but when we form an image of the star we only includebthe core star, not the things that are emitted by the star.

The point is that only the hard surface is the actual star, everything else is just excess inhabitant

Why are the Americas so fat.

Jimmy Nu-male

Because the sun won't let our fat be recycled into bodily nutrients to adapt to cold weather 9 months of the year like the Russians.

The Earth more closely approximates a perfect sphere than the average bowling ball (ignoring the holes)

>The point is that only the hard surface is the actual star
>star
But yeah, I have absolutely no idea what the point you're trying to make is

Does look like a perfect sphere to you?

Are you unable to read a thread or are you baiting?

I'm making the point that the Earth is not a sphere-like object. I will admit that ok, it is round, but it is in no way a ball.

Excuse me?

Earth is flat.

You do no that the land is also made of chemicals, right?

this is a 2d image, proof of flat earth?

That looks like kim kardashian's ass

""""slightly""""

Why is India shown as being the lowest point on Earth?

Hmm, it appears to be off by roughly 40-80 meters.

It's not ground elevation morons. Read the thread. It's where sea level is at any point on Earth.

>Earth isn't a sphere
>because
>water isn't land
You're saying Earth is just the solid portion of its matter???
?!

>water is land

forgot pic

Water is basically space nothingness but with hydrogen atoms, saying it's part of the earth is like saying the cloud of shit is part of me when I smoke a fag and blow it out.

What if we freeze all the water and make it into land?

That's an interesting question. My assumption based on this is that it should only be considered land if it contains the nutrients for land things to grow on that would make up land, so parts of Greenland and Siberia I think would suffice.

nsidc.org/cryosphere/frozenground/plants.html

Oblate spheroid

12742km diameter
8.8km everest
10.9km challenger deep
19.7km (0.1546%) variance

>liquid isn't land

Did you know the earth is full of liquid rock! That means the insides of the earth "have no substance" as you put it.

EARTH IS HOLLOW!

If all that heavy as fuck water wasn't there, the land would rise and flatten out. See Mars, Venus or any rocky planet without water, yet an atmosphere.

But see it hasn't, that is why the earth is not a sphere yet. And realistically the land would start the erode intonan asteroid as we have no water tonfeed our greens to generate Co2 and form O2