Is writing as a profession dead, Veeky Forums? Are there any actually good living contemporary writers...

Is writing as a profession dead, Veeky Forums? Are there any actually good living contemporary writers? Is it a viable career path, financially?

No to all questions

the writing profession lasted for a short time post-ww2. majority of writers in history were NEETs, tutors to aristocracy, civil servants, etc.

Try and tell us

Pahlaniuk, sort of

In post-irony
Lies beauty, some leagues beneath.
Spicy haiku post

what anime is this from OP?

John green

i'm a professional writer and i make a living out of it

Seventeen beater,
A new form of meme engine.
Please subscribe to it.
Even if it's a shitpost,
It contains kindness.

He is my inspiration. I will search for an interesting philosophy and then construct a creepy action story around it.

Beat up the evil.
I can take you to the woods
And show you god's puss.

There's all kinds of shit you can write for money. Not novels though

You can buy a car;
You can buy many items.
You can't buy a (You)

It was always dead, very few famous writers did not have other people (mostly their families) paying for their expenses.
Also all the side jobs that were available are now mostly gone (unless you consider writing clickbait articles a good writing job).

tl;dr: if you want to be a writer become a sociopath and manipulate people close to you into giving you enough money to live your own life but not enough for them to tell you to fuck off.

>tl;dr: if you want to be a writer become a sociopath and manipulate people close to you into giving you enough money to live your own life but not enough for them to tell you to fuck off.
If I could do that, why on earth would I ever want to be a writer.

What are you, an animal or a man? You would want to be a writer just to do something with your useless, pathetic life. Do you think that Dante wrote the Commedia only because he needed money? Be ambitious, ffs

Live in love and sedge,
And play the stock trade until
You can afford home.

Without actually being a published writer - yet - I would hazard to equate the earnings to that of a small, independent or cult band. Nothing above minimum wage on a mostly part-time basis.

I would suggest writing be the passion with perks whilst you pay your bills elsewhere.

I'm pub on Veeky Forums.
I don't need no splendour.
I know you see me.

Only the lucky and the great ever have CAREERS as writers. The lucky are the ones who write something that hits on the cultural zeitgeist, which causes their work to sell like hotcakes. J.K. Rowling is the ur-example of this. The great are those who are truly transcendent, magnificent writers, and while some of them never achieve any fame or note in their lifetimes, a decent amount of them do sooner or later. Borges is a good example of this. It took him 30 years to achieve worldwide fame, but he did get there, and he lived pretty sweetly once he did.

If you want to make a living writing, then get into academia, become a good feminist and self flagellate if you're a white male and write strong female didndu who are still suffering from post slavery 500 years later.

And I'm back again
After getting my boss lunch.
I lack self esteem.

If you're looking at using writing to make money just fucking do something else. It's not worth it from a financial standpoint.

el oh el

I exemplify
The issue at hand, sovreign
Lyrical hubris

Until the trash bin,
I will be this thread's pilot.
We'll all sit up front.

I'm in R9K.
I'm in S4S as well,
At least currently.

Five in a row, senpai.
My fifteen minute glory.
All irrelevant.

Senpai, not senpai, fuck.
Asterisk asterisk man.
Fuck autocorrect.

There has been no good literature produced in the past 300 years. Just give up now

Senpai

Kay, this board is joke.
Cannot address family
Using shorter terms.

>Is it a viable career path, financially?
if you're not well connected your options are self publishing
>technical writings
>erotica/romance
>anything really provided you shill hard enough and pump out enough content

>ctrl+f
>no Sanderson
Sanderson is an author who survives by writing. He even teaches creative writing at university. If you join his class and you're good, he might hook you up with an agent like he did with the powder mage author.