/fitlit/ here, how do I work out my mind?

/fitlit/ here, how do I work out my mind?

Other urls found in this thread:

math.berkeley.edu/~hutching/teach/proofs.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=S4utkb6vSyQ
relaxationresponse.org/steps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First light books with many reps.
Then heavy books with few reps.

Read everyday classics until you start getting them. Everyday, no exception.
Literally treat it as you treat your workout program.
After 2-3 months reading will be effortless,mfrom there you can start your education in whatever field you're interested it.

What is an every day classic?

Read the books in pic related and do some math, even if it's basic.

You're gay.

Move your eyebrows up and down for an hour

It depends, is English your native language?

Read Montaigne's Essays about the human body.

bulk phase: homer, dante, gilgamesh, shakespeare, schopenhauer, nietzsche
tren: plato
pct: stirner
HIIT: kant
cheat day: pascal

All memes aside (and i.e. the greeks, my man, are mostly that: memes others trick you into reading because they want you to waste the same time with them that they did): you read DER EINZIGE in order to banish ALL spook abstractions from your mind in order to end with the fundament on and with which you build your world view (i.e. your new and OWN conceptual scheme): DER SCHOPFERICHE NICHTS.

Are the greeks like SS?
It's a meme that's the truth, but that's also a meme, which is also a meme.

>greek body, greek mind

Destroy your weakness just as Teseo destroyed the Minotaur

Bingo

the Veeky Forums mythus

I only know SS as schutzstaffel but i doubt that is what youre referring to. You are bloody well RIGHT that there are many layers of MEME but measure all of them up against experience and you'll be fine. The latter of course is what is far from common practice in the history of thought.

You fucks chased of serraphina!

Read the Bible and Homer's Illiad/Odyssey and Moby Dick.

From there you can start reading different existentialists/philosophers such as Camus, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Dostoyevsky, etc.

In the end, you'll have lots to work with and will have a better understanding of the Western philosophy.

damn he sittin on that dick LOL

>George Orwell
what is this fallacy?

Most of these books are absolute garbage. Fuck you for posting this.

by overcoming the distinction between mind and body.

hint: the short intestines kinda look like the brain dont they?

Am I the only one who doesn't like this list. Some of these books aren't entry level at all.

yes

you are not the only one, user has a fecal taste, he probably enjoy reading MAD

what are some books that focus on an unambiguously sadistic female perspective?

Can you guys give a proper list?

As long as what you start with comes before modernism you're cool.
I'm not even joking.
Severe cancer.

>wake up at 6am every morning
>crossword puzzle every morning
>2 hour walk in woods each day
>eat clean
>hit gym or pool every day
>sleep 9 hours each night

uni life is the absolute best

I've finally decided to get in on that life after having spent 100% of my uni freetime thus far on video games.

But I'm graduating in a month and it feels like such a waste

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Reddit anymore.
Here's how I did it.
-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person
-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure
-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.
-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.
-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.
-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

Then harry Potter.

yes do some easy math proofs, shit is lit af

math.berkeley.edu/~hutching/teach/proofs.pdf
this is all the logic and semantics you should pick up to get started. don't feel bad if its confusing at first, you'll gain 'mathematical maturity' as you apply them in practice.

Kek

Should I make the transition from adidas to underarmour?
Is underarmour Veeky Forums approved?

The same way you work out your body - poorly

These guys actually talked about this today. Skip to the last 20 mins or so, where they discuss meditation.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4utkb6vSyQ

>someone put their ap lit reading list together

It's not even bad advice

haha, good joke user!

>short intestines

Don't just consume. Do stuff with it. Write, draw, paint, learn math, and stuff like that.

super shitty b8 list

Don't listen to this idiot. All you need is Herbert Benson's book from the 70s, The Relaxation Response. Simple as pie:

relaxationresponse.org/steps/

1. Sit quietly in a comfortable position.

2. Close your eyes.

3. Deeply relax all your muscles, beginning at your feet and progressing up to your face. Keep them relaxed.

4. Breathe through your nose. Become aware of your breathing. As you breathe out, say the word, "one"*, silently to yourself. For example, breathe in ... out, "one",- in .. out, "one", etc. Breathe easily and naturally.

5. Continue for 10 to 20 minutes. You may open your eyes to check the time, but do not use an alarm. When you finish, sit quietly for several minutes, at first with your eyes closed and later with your eyes opened. Do not stand up for a few minutes.

6. Do not worry about whether you are successful in achieving a deep level of relaxation. Maintain a passive attitude and permit relaxation to occur at its own pace. When distracting thoughts occur, try to ignore them by not dwelling upon them and return to repeating "one."

With practice, the response should come with little effort. Practice the technique once or twice daily, but not within two hours after any meal, since the digestive processes seem to interfere with the elicitation of the Relaxation Response.

* It is better to use a soothing, mellifluous sound, preferably with no meaning or association, to avoid stimulation of unnecessary thoughts - a mantra.

The book elaborates one more, obviously, it's a very easy read.

>To Kill a Mockingbird

so... meditation?

My program:
Sophocles
Euripides
Shakespeare

Read all of their plays you can get a hold of.

Read Homer

This is the foundation. Read them until you can grasp them totally. I would then jump to 20th century essential lit. Faulkner, Mishima, Hemingway, Joyce, Borges, Jünger, Kafka, Marquez.

Read Nietzsche on rest days.

This isn't everything. It is a survey.

Is tackling Heidegger without a companion achievable natty?

In addition to this read only what you enjoy reading. Some idiots will try to convince you to "just read it even if you dont like it" never man, never, if the book isnt pulling you through it drop that shit like a ho with the clap

Fuck starting with the greeks

Start with what interests in you outside of reading and branch out. Keep expanding your literary horizons.

Also for me personally i found drug use useful while reading. I get it some people are pussies and cant handle drinking coffee and reading a book, but i found dropping a few tabs and reading whatever i was into at the moment to be quite useful. Microdoses are the best imo. Weed, dissos, amphetamines, alcohol whatever experiment with drugs while reading

Along this vein of thought just do different shit while you read. Read in a busy crowded mall, with babies crying and asshole mothers yelling at their brats. Learn to focus on the words and what they mean to you. Read at work if you have one of those jobs where you sit at a desk and pretend to be useful. Read laying outside in the grass in the sunlit while dogs park in the neighborhood park. Read while at your gf's parents house for the holidays because lets face it you hate her dad. Read while you are taking a shit. Experiment and dont just read at home next to your pathetic lamp, snuggled up with your pet/gf.

Learn to love reading. Learn to hate reading. Reading can be boring and tedious. When you feel youve got balls of steel when it comes to reading, pick up Infinite Jest and begin a slow and laborious examination of what it means to read a book. IJ will take time and patience much like all the other books you will read, but it is so worth it.

Good luck in your travels OP

Read Plato.
[this is not a meme reply]

Yes, starting with the Greeks is the Veeky Forums SS. You will achieve an overly classical frame of reference (t-rex mode) without accessory reads, but you will be prepared for other reading programs after a few months. Very good base.

I just like the fact that he phrased it in a way that would be easy for Veeky Forums to understand

Not really. I'm not that well versed myself.

Novels like 1984 and Of mice and men should be alright for a beginner.

Stuff like Lolita and Brave new world are gonna bore the children to tears.

fucking kek

Best post I've seen in a while