Americans in charge of literature

>Americans in charge of literature

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpPsAojqcKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you feel in charge?

Nobody is in charge anymore..... its just charlatans that pretend to know what's really going on

Ernest Hemingway is the most influential writer of the 20th century and part of the Western canon

i think you mean james joyce

Joyce influenced better writers but Hemingway influenced more

lol no

I mean obviously that's a largely inaccurate claim.

>dressed up as a girl by his overprotective mother
>all the works are strictly about muh masculinity
If he were alive today he'd be one of those angry insecure teenagers calling everyone and everything a cuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=qpPsAojqcKo

sick psychoanalytic criticism of Hemingway, real refreshing

It's not a claim, it's an objective fact. Virtually all of modern commercial fiction bears the stamp of Hemingway; his understated prose is now the default voice of the publishing industry. You cannot pick up a crime novel or a war story without reading Hemingway.

lmfao

define the "stamp of Hemingway"

>I am incapable of recognizing the writing style of the most influential author of the 20th century, an author who is regularly taught to middle schoolers
No retard, I'm not your seventh grade English teacher. If you're old enough to post on Veeky Forums and still too dumb to pick up on basic trends in language then I can't help you.

Well his works are so one-dimensional and simple, there's not much more to analyze.

if you claim every writer has the stamp of hemingway, define that stamp

why make a claim when you cant even back it up with a definition?

you stupid fuck

It's spelled Hemmingway. With two m's.

No retard, I never claimed that EVERY writer bears the stamp of Hemingway. You are apparently too stupid to comprehend posts on Veeky Forums, let alone the genius of Ernest Hemingway (the most influential author of the 20th century). To ask you to recognize the taut and multi-focal presentation of consciousness-bending energy inherent in Hemingway, to ask you to follow the quantum poetics of Neoplatonic mythology and their relation to Hemingway's disturbed, void-obsessed psychology is to ask a dog to take a math test. Stick to Stephen King, you aren't ready for Hemingway.

bait

I'm only being slightly disingenuous; on a very sincere level I don't think you're an intelligent person.

i dont thnk you are either seeing as you cannot define "stamp of hemingway"

I've defined it several times now but, once again, you were too dumb to follow

While we're having a discussion about Hemmingway can anyone give me some suggestions for short stories of his? I've only read a couple of his novels but I've always heard his short stories are GOAT-tier.

all you did was define it with other vague definitions you did not define either

you are bad at this