Your cognitively strong and weak sides

I had 135 in iqtest.dk. I didn't have any other iq test. (it's based on visual pattern recognition only)

My pattern recognition is really good. I can look at a page filled with names and find the name i was looking for almost immediately. Also i remember faces good.

I imagine and remember almost everything in pictures, even names.

My language abilities are poor, especially learning new languages.

I cannot find directions with two gps devices. I can get in a building and cannot find the exit most of the times. I don't have a sense of direction at all, in a room i cannot determine which direction is the street. I think this is the weakest part of me.

I cannot determine which month comes after which, i have to start counting from january. Also i cannot determine the difference between two dates easily.

Other urls found in this thread:

discovermyprofile.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>. I can get in a building and cannot find the exit most of the times. I don't have a sense of direction at all, in a room i cannot determine which direction is the street. I think this is the weakest part of me.
I'm the same way. I get lost very easily both in real life and in videogames, if a game doesn't give you a map, I'm lost constantly. It's weird because I always do well on those tests that make you rotate objects mentally. I thought that spatial intelligence had something to do with maps and orientation, but they seem to be unrelated things

I'm good at math and very good verbally, I think. I learn languages fast and easily. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure I'm significantly above average, and that's good enough for me.

I have pretty similar strenghts and weaknesses as well, although i like to think that i kinda get lost in new areas because i dont give a shit about orientation when I'm with someone. But yeah, my sense for my position in space is not really the best. Another kinda bizarre thing is that it happens a lot that I remeber position of the room but not the floor lol

>i dont give a shit about orientation when I'm with someone
this is specifically true. i can go anywhere without noticing if i am with someone.

I always fuck thing up when I am trying to imagine shit in 3D.

>My pattern recognition is really good. I can look at a page filled with names and find the name i was looking for almost immediately. Also i remember faces good.
same

>I imagine and remember almost everything in pictures, even names.
I don't know how good I'm at that.

>My language abilities are poor, especially learning new languages.
The opposite for me. It's pattern recognition.

>I cannot find directions with two gps devices. I can get in a building and cannot find the exit most of the times. I don't have a sense of direction at all, in a room i cannot determine which direction is the street. I think this is the weakest part of me.
I can easily, but most of the time I don't pay attention at all and then get disoriented.

>I cannot determine which month comes after which, i have to start counting from january. Also i cannot determine the difference between two dates easily.
When time changes (normal time, summer time) I have to think really hard to figure out if the clock will go 1 hour forward or 1 hour backward.

i learn slowly. it takes me a long time to "process" new information and i tend to get stuck a lot

strong side: [math]\dots [/math]

>When time changes (normal time, summer time) I have to think really hard to figure out if the clock will go 1 hour forward or 1 hour backward.

lol that's me.

>>I imagine and remember almost everything in pictures, even names.
>I don't know how good I'm at that.
Actually now that I think about it, after reading a book, given a part of the text, I usually remember if that part was at the left or right page and roughly if it was at the top,middle or bottom. So if I am looking for something I will be looking only at e.g. right pages bottom right and find it easily.

>I cannot find directions with two gps devices. I can get in a building and cannot find the exit most of the times. I don't have a sense of direction at all, in a room i cannot determine which direction is the street. I think this is the weakest part of me.
Spatial awareness is one of the few places where I really excel. I never get lost, figure out the floor plans of buildings at a glance, and if you need someone to help you move, I can pack a truck solid.

my iq is high and i am an accomplished programmer. but i think in a blurry way, i never can think very precisely. i am creative though.

Can't easily work out dates either, use my fingers, actually only the last few years I learnt all the months in order.
Can focus intense af, but only if super interested.
Forget obvious shit that most people seem to remember without effort, remember tons of pointless shit from years and years ago.
I think most of these things are due to my alphabet soup of mental illness

iqtest.dk is based on a 30 year old IQ test so substract 9 because of flynn effect
anyone who doesnt 100% iqtest.dk first try is a brainlet with no hope

I have really blurry thinking patterns too, almost like I dissociate/day dream. Useful for creativity but a pain for some things in life. Meditation seems to help me balance between wild thought patterns and being like mentally present

i solved all of it later but 37 and 39 took about 20 mins for me. even after i figured them out, i am certain that i couldn't solve them with other questions in 40 minute.

I'm the other way around I somewhat hate maps and I like to learn things especially in video games enough to be able to picture it in my head, rotate, etc. That way sometimes I can even almost recall the scene in full detail in a dream like state.
Otherwise I just use basic trigonometry to navigate, I prefer 90 degree turns. I use this in real life too to navigate unknown areas and avoid learning routes.

how exactly do you meditate and which part of the day?

There is no such thing as a serious online IQ test. Those are all fake. Yes, all of them. Yes, even those that say that they are serious. Yes, even those that pretend to be designed or approved by Mensa or whoever. Yes, even IQTest.dk or whatever happens to be your favorite one; even if it is “inspired by Raven matrices”.

If you took an online “IQ test” and you worry about… stop right there. You didn’t take a real IQ test. You have no idea what your IQ is. What you are doing is like freaking out after reading a horoscope.

(I could start explaining why, but my previous experience suggests that this would be futile, because at that moment many people simply refuse to believe that someone could actually go as far as to create a fake online “IQ test” for fun and profit. The short version is that IQ measurement is inherently statistical, which means it has to be calibrated on tons of people, who have to be randomly selected from the population. To do that methodologically correctly is quite difficult and expensive. On the other hand, just making up stuff is very easy and cheap.)

>I scored low on an IQ test so I'm going to deny validity of IQ tests to make myself feel better

what a bullshit.

by real, actual IQ is 135.

on the """""FAKE""""" online IQ tests i get 130-140.

> There is no such thing as a serious online IQ test
>serious online
> online

If you score high on iqtest.dk and think you are a super genius who can compete on the level of oppenheimer and gauss then I got bad news for you.

op here. i don't care about justifying online iq tests. i am just curious about different kinds of smart people and different kinds of cognitive weaknesses of them.

i know a colleague very similar to me but has serious attention problem for instance.

Try the tests here: discovermyprofile.com/ (they're more rigorous, also having an "I don't know option" and a "none of the above" one, to eliminate score inflation from picking the right answer by accident).

Wrong again faggot:

It takes me a good 5 seconds to read a watch. I never know what day it is and, most of the time, I don't even get the month right. It also takes me until around March to realize we're in a different year. I don't remember other people's ages and sometimes forget my own. I refer to the last three or four days as "yesterday" and generally suck at estimating time. I'm terrible with names, not just at learning them but I frequently forget the ones of people I've know for years. I also have a hard time keeping up with conversations when they speak, like, you know, this. On the other hand, I excel at almost anything logic related and can pick up new concepts in seconds. I also have amazing short term memory. Verbally, I have near perfect grammar (in my first language) and can keep several conversations at the same time, just as long as they don't speak like retards.
As a side note I suck at "intellectual" games like chess and such but I think that's because I don't care about them.

High verbal IQ, just slightly above average working memory/processing speed. I'm fairly certain the latter is because of depression and chronic pain issues, though. I hope.

Also zero motor skills/bad handwriting, if that counts.

Coincidentally, feynmann seemed to be pretty bad (for a genius) at verbal intelligence.

I just use typical mindfulness type of meditation. In the mornin in/after shower. Not a fix to my vacant mind/daydreamy thoughts but makes me more aware and snap out of it faster

I have a serious sleep problem. Particularly i cannot fall a sleep in at least 3-4 hours.

But that time is also my most creative time. So i cannot take any pills.

Sometimes there are two voices-thoughts and one earworm in my head simultaneously which drives me crazy.

If i focus on a thought experiment, i can play animations in my head, i also think in pictures but also videos.