Divine Evolution?

30% of Americans think evolution was guided by a Divine Intelligence.
I agree.
I think the evolutionary method was used by God to reach his intended designs. The whole universe is a self-reliant system with no input from God. Evolution fits this design as a means of God creating his intended designs without assistance. The eye evolved independently over 50 times. Given enough time and proper conditions then specific structures will arise.
However, I think mankind was too complicated of a creature to just evolve on it's own. I think God had to intervene, albeit in a cryptic manner(I will explain later.) I think there are 5 reasons why theory of evolution is inadequate for the evolution of human.

The entirety of evolution can be seen as the pathway for the human body. Once a body suitable for technology arose then God acted.

1. The human body is well suited for using tools.
2. The Rapid increase of intelligence in man is unprecedented. There is not a steady progress of intelligence in the lineage of apes, because other animals can rival their intellect. It was a sudden and complex change.
3. The beauty of humans far surpasses that of other animals. They have more expressive and soulful faces. There are an additional 25 facial muscles relegated to expression in contrast to apes.
4. The morphological difference between a frog and its ancestor over 10 million years and with human and its ancestors is starkly contrasted. Humans do not closely resemble their relatives.
5. The faces of humans are much more greatly varied than other animals. Many animals are nearly indistinguishable while you can clearly tell people apart.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_chain_of_being#Scala_naturae_in_evolution
discord.gg/t7Dz2Ew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think that God, keeping in leu with a self-reliant system, would guide evolution. It was not a miraculous change but instead it was gradual. I believe God communicated an idea to the brains of apes, which triggered hormones in the brain, which triggered the creation of transposons to act upon DNA in their progeny. There should be evidence of these transposons if we look closely enough for them in Human DNA.

so god acted in a way as if there wasn't a god.
funny that

God is dead

Do you know that major changes can happen quickly right? Imagine a lot of those, like a sequence. No mistery. You're just trying to find some shit to justify your beliefs, but that didn't help at all.

>i dont know how it works to god made it

Oh boy, bros. This is gonna be good.

Bump

Epic facebook cliché line, enlightened gentlesir.

*tips fedora*

Animals probably went through some evolution from a base state while humans were the pinnacle and were introduced

A Y Y
L
M
A
O

>"probably"
lel

This

I need you to take the nearest container of oven cleaner and drink it.

>1. The human body is well suited for using tools.
No shit. Why would anyone make tools that weren't suited to them?
If we were intelligent squid, we'd have tools suited to slimy tentacles. One could only assume they'd resemble a japanese schoolgirl.

>If we were intelligent squid, we'd have tools suited to slimy tentacles. One could only assume they'd resemble a japanese schoolgirl.
This made me laugh

Intelligent design and evolution are not mutually exclusive, but nonetheless I think your perspective may be too local. Imposing our own logic on the mind of God, it would make little sense for us to be the sole purpose.

I suppose you could view it as an iterative algorithm. Looking for what a given set of simple rules affords for micro states, and macro systems. What self replicating machinery can exist. Possibly harvesting the memory of such systems (its final state) and filtering it. However the state change of the rest of the system is equally important.

It seems to be about scale. We are completely alienated from the most macro scales. From such a perspective we might be part of the means, not the ends.

Yes, and we see other instances of this in evolution besides ancestral simple forms?
No...

And cows, buffalo, lions, so and so forth do NOT have bodies suited for tools.

>The entirety of evolution can be seen as the pathway for the human body.
Your shit theory has been discredited since the 19 century
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_chain_of_being#Scala_naturae_in_evolution

You got it the wrong way. All evolution and conciousness is a consequence of things that were created by god, but not with the goal to create specifiy things but to see what will happen with specific special starting parameters. Humans are a consequence of the big bang and human conciousness is as well.
Most people make from this, that human conciousness was designed by another intelligence, where the truth is more likely to be that god created the big bang and time to split himself into lots and lots of sub-conciousnesses to create the ability to learn and mostly to not be alone anymore.

>B-bump

>Intelligence Design cannot be disproved
>if a theory cannot be disproved it's not science: you cannot experiment with it so it's useless from a scientific point of view;
interesting nonetheless but still i don't think this belongs here

Look, if there's a deistic god that makes sense but it doesn't really matter cause he's left a long time ago.
If there's a theistic god, well then I've never seen it so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Either way, it makes more sense to live as though we have to figure out our own path and morality.

discord.gg/t7Dz2Ew

>30% of Americans think evolution was guided by a Divine Intelligence.
Well at least they acknowledge evolution now. It's a start.

I proposed a more scientific hypothesis here Also, science should be the pursuit of truth, why would they teach a natural evolution of humans, which is also untestable, when hypothetically it looks to be divine intervention.

>"scientific"
get the fuck off this board

Please teach me how to speak.

> The Rapid increase of intelligence in man is unprecedented. There is not a steady progress of intelligence in the lineage of apes, because other animals can rival their intellect. It was a sudden and complex change.

Have you done any research into the lineage and phylogeny of man and apes? Even the Australopithecus afarensis where leagues above the intelligence of chimpanzees which are themselves leagues above every other animal. During this period there would be little distinction between the two species despite this, especially considering we both share identical ancestors. Please, do more research on the biological systematics between the ape tree and the human tree and you will see that the change in intelligence was not only very gradual but can be seen identically in the evolution of apes.

That which never lived can never die.

this basically.
it's a pointless question.

Anyone can make unfalsifiable suppositions to match the arising data. What if I claim that the Flying Spaghetti Monster did it? You can't disprove me.

And even if it did support the idea of a God, which it doesn't - it doesn't support the specific Gods these brainlets worship, just a generic one