How do I write good characters?

How do I write good characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erNBfnCfZ9s
youtu.be/UA_VSQqn32M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to breed with this woman.

came to say this

I will tell you if you can tell me how to stop masturbating to hot as fuck Asian women.

Found higher resolution
Ai Shinozaki

Slice your cock off with a butter knife

this girl only does softcore OP you fucking traitor

Be talented

Use an ASCII character map. Make sure you encode as UTF-8.

I want to live inside her belly button!

If you could take 3 books with you and live in Ai Shonozaki's belly button, what would they be?

Citizen Kaine, The Dark Knight Returns, and Pulp Fiction.

She looks so soft I love her

hardcore is degenerate. Go have sex with real women or at least use your god damn imagination.

>watching some dumb roastie talk about writing great characters
>only talks about characters clothes, haircut, piercings, tattoos and her bedroom
>1000000000 views
>99.9% likes
>mffw

Link please
I want to feel the sweet rage

youtube.com/watch?v=erNBfnCfZ9s

>cut after every sentence
Why can't these ADHD roasties ever do a video in one take? It makes me so fucking mad

>*cut*
>"actually,"
>*cut*

Blame this fucking hack

>tfw no Bela Tarr booktuber to do a 2 hour video on Sartre's Nausea in a single take but then the camera keeps following him around the house as he does boring work for the rest of the day

>It doesn't take a lot to change something as simple as skin color without changing a whole character
What an idiot. Can we just ship every liberal off to the middle-east already

I'd read a book about Shinozaki-tan.

Those are some big boobs.

>Fell for the relate-able character's meme.

Just write yourself, but inexplicable likable and succesful

If it's just the color of their skin and the character is no different otherwise, then what's the point?

I've never thought about this before but when girls buy bathing suits do they have to buy the top and bottom separately?

no they usually buy them together
t. has watched girls buy bikinis online

its like suits
you can buy separates but more often they come together

You get your story idea. Great.
It usually comes with a vague idea of the main character. Good.

Forget about him for now.
Make your world. Set the stage. Start the rivers. Harvest the wheat. Dance at the town. Kiss the children. Etc.

Now.
Where does your character come into this world?

Make a little list of various possibilities. Read through them and feel out which one makes your gut tingle.

Then set him on his path.
From the little bit you know about him, how will he react to the world around him? Keep him true to himself. Don't overthink it.

First you ask why is he there.
Then you ask how he got there.
Then, if you know, you wonder where he is going. If not just push him along and perhaps he will tell you where he wants to go.

A character develops as you write your story. He unfolds as you put new obstacles in his way. Many times he will surprise you with what he does. It'll seem obvious afterwards and it becomes a part of his personality.
The more you throw at him. The more he will develop. And don't be afraid of hiding parts of him away from the story. keep secrets. You don't have to bare his soul for all to see.

What's up with these colors?
The photo looks like someone cartoonized it.

It's airbrushed on photoshop or some other image editor.

I don't know, does look kinda weird.

What if someone wants to do the opposite?
What if they want to take characters and drop them into shit?

What do you mean?

If you want to write a tragedy for a character, you still have to go through the motions of developing them first. If you want the tragedy to have an emotional impact anyway.

If you just wanted to spring characters out of thin air and just kill them. then it is silly to think anyone would even care. or even notice.
However, if you have a character who plays a big part in your tales events, you need to take time to flesh them out. Then, when you drop them in shit, people will care about that person.

Even if it's a villain. Each major character should be explored equally.
Equally does not mean page time however. It means that those characters should still be living their lives behind the scenes.

Again I didn't understand your question.

I can't explain anymore or else you'll steal my stolen idea and it will lose what little novelty it has

Well.
What characters do you want to drop into shit? Are they minor characters or are they characters that change the tale in a scene?

>characters that change the tale in a scene
These actually

If you need them to change a positive situation into a negative situation. The characters should to be treated as main characters.
If you don't. Then the transition into a negative situation will be weak and the reader will be unfazed by it.

Any characters you use for a story's turning point, ideally should be familiar with the reader, to some degree.

If you just pull a random character out of thin air, like a random soldier for example, and get him blown up by a missile in a town square. The reader wont care as much as they would if your main protag's best friend who's been with them from the start gets shot in the leg by a slightly dirty blowdart.

If your story's energy shifts are relying on minor characters. You may want to backtrack a little and change the series of scenes leading to that point. Otherwise your climaxes are always going to be underwhelming and ineffective at getting the desired effect across.

So in a nutshell. Characters that you make that are supposed to change a scenes energy, be it positive or negative, should usually be major characters.
Is that of any use? I am not very good at explanations.

That's actually what I wanted to say

Good.
Good luck with the scene :)

Ty

>tfw you will never impregnate a soft asian girl with big boobs

>tfw tfw

STOP REMINDING ME

>implying anyone here, including me, would have the balls to actually conceive a child

Read more Shakespeare.

>wif big bobs n everything

Fuck off normalfag

Fuck off, newfag.

youtu.be/UA_VSQqn32M

Sorry

DELET THIS

On the subject of female beauty, I'm taking my crack at writing a description of an extremely beautiful woman.

An experimental line I'd like feedback on

'In all she effected potent girlish femininity, so impossibly potent that subposited beneath was a terrific aura of masculine threat. It gave a similar contradictory effect as when one runs their hand beneath extremely hot water and thinks for a small moment that it feels cold instead.'

extremely autistic. makes me assume you are a virgin

Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for

I would just be careful with the word pairing.
>girlish femininity
>impossibly potent
>terrific aura
>extremely hot
>small moment
Just kinda felt strange to read. That might just be me though, but maybe reword one or two of those so it flows better.
Also you used potent twice.
I do like the idea though.

You fill your prose with throat-clearing garbage words.

>shakespeare
>good characters

let me try

"Every time I saw her my asshole clenched. I never was quite sure why, until my psychiatrist told me it was because of gender dysphoria. At his request I started taking pills to become a girl with a penis. Then I had the penis flipped backwards and into my pelvis. Now, here I am, a girl with a reverse penis, all because the lumps in that woman's shirt excited my sphincter."

Cook that down into simpler words and more concrete sentences, like:

"She was girlish, so overly girlish that she seemed almost masculine, like very hot water that feels cold at first."

Also nice trips

That's awful too.

You are ultra-pleb.

base them on good, real people.

>>>>>>>>implying

I'm really autistic so this will help me to have more normal conversations in real life. Thanks

You rewrite it so

That is utterly awful. That other user's, while not perfect, has a sort of poetry to it. This one is just juvenile.

>impregnate
awful fetish

try not being autistic

try

I don't think anything on the right is true, those all seem socially ambiguous to me.

Came here to say basically this.

I would say start with the basic confict. Then the setting. Then have the character move through it and react.

The best characters are the ones where in the most general sense you know how they are going to react ahead of time to a given situation even though you may not know exactly what they are going to do.

Will this character react violently? Will this character run and hide? Will this character curl into a fetal position and start crying, maybe this character was already expecting it and already has a plan. Give some background on why they are the way they are even though you don't necessarily have to explain all of their background in absolute detail.

The reader should already have an idea orfhow they are going to react ahead of time and if they don't react that way it should be due to a really good and justified reason and thoroughly explained.

If the reader has not even a general idea of how they are going to react then it's not a great character.

>impregnate
>fetish

This is the sort of shit-tier understanding of body language that gave us Trump handshakes, which are objectively autistic.

simply your character must reflect the evolution or opposition of notion, on which ur opus is based idk; The rest must intrigue the reader, enough to identify with it

I don't take advice from semicolon users.

From a colon, semi or otherwise, comes only faeces.

This, they are degenerates.
I want her to piss in my mouth.

shakesper used semicolons

Just Iike a semicolan users to mispell somethings.

The only way to truly learn how to write good characters is to get out in the world and spend lots of time around people in social settings.

Imagine those bouncy tits resting on the gape of your mouth and every time you bit down she would eek out a moan, and her fluffly nipples harden in your tongue.

This is literally a list of cliches.

Nuh un

Only if you're writing characters who are normal human beings. If you're writing weirdos, lack of social experience is a strength.

Be one.

And if you want insane characters you have to put yourself in a setting that breeds insanity. My ex-girlfriend is helping me out with that

this

thank you based god

describe one of the girls so that other anons can recognize her, without knowing her position in the pic

A gilded mantle that flowed down her stout form, she had; with eyes and visage that cast dread down on those who entered her realm of subjugation: Vishnylakk, eater of souls, she was called.

#5 ?

She had, and likley still has, in the visual, and also all other non visual ways of communicating feeling, though here as we are looking at a picture it is only visual and all other senses and stimulus must be only imagined given the visual information we do have, the distinct, as distinct as something can be that is conveyed through old one image which is devoid of all but visual information, as stated earlier, aura of being, at that exact moment, and likley still, the only person in the room who wasn't a smug overly confident bitch, assuming the person taking the photograph is also a smug overly confident bitch.
are you annoyed?

Women really are terrible arn't they.

Come on it's obviously #2

five them depth, give them flaws and contradictions.

> if you want insane characters you have to put yourself in a setting that breeds insanity
> I cannot separate myself from what I write
> hurr writing a retarded character means I have to b ratarded too!

Nah, it's just hard to know what true insanity is like until you've been there. If you try to write an insane character without understanding insanity, you'll just be meming.