Whats the best memory method? I find the memory palace ideal to be hard to do with abstract concepts

whats the best memory method? I find the memory palace ideal to be hard to do with abstract concepts

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory#Skepticism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rote memorizing instead of understanding is something for brainlets

If Bernard doesn't know which pad the crash is going to happen, then the number cannot be 5 or 6 since in that case Bernard would actually know the pad's position.

Albert knows this fact, and tells Bernard, together with the fact that he himself, Albert, doesn't know where the crash is going to happen.

"Albert couldn't have the letter B: he told me that he didn't know the pad's position. Since he knew that I didn't know, if he had that letter he would have deduced that the pad is at (B,4), which he didn't", snickers Bernard to himself.

If Bernard had the number 1, the letter Albert has could be two things: C or D. Since at this step Bernard actually knows which pad is the good one, it cannot be that Bernard has the letter A. Apply the same process to Bernard having the number 2 and 3, and understand that it cannot be. However if Bernard has number 4, then he knows the right pad: it's the pad at (D,4) (because line B was eliminated as a possibility).

At this step Bernard tells he knows the pad to Albert, which by the reasoning above Al ert can conclude that the only way Bernard could know now is that the pad is at (B,4)

*D4

Albert's first statement knocks out A and B straight away, meaning A2 was never a possibility either. Immediately following Bernard's statement the possibilities are C3, D2 and D4. The only way Albert can know it at that stage, with track 1 eliminated, is if he was given the letter C.

>Albert's first statement knocks out A and B straight away
How?

If he knows that Bernard can't know, then it can't possibly be A6 or B5, and he only knows the letter so it can't be A or B.

>being interested in something
>learn about it
>think about it later in the shower or on a walk

>memory palace
how the fuck is memorizing a route and all of the objects you're supposed to encounter more efficient than just memorizing the objects?

Because memories exist in a network, not a list. Remembering faces is trivial because our brains are building that network from the moment we can see, not because we're very good at remembering combinations of contours and creases.

Memories exist in sign vehicles, in other semantically inaccurate words memories exist in "objects". Networks are part of the biophysical organization of memories. Networks are formed from connections made from semiotic entanglement.
For example the concept of a memory and it's accompanying linguistic symbol "memory" is entangled with the concept of learning and it's accompanying linguistic symbol "learning". Networks are just the biophysical connection that represents the relationship between these phenomena. In other words meaning making builds networks, as opposed to building networks makes meaning.
However thinking in networks can be a useful tool because our working memory has limits.

It could be A2 no? After Albert's first statement if Albert has A, he can't be sure if it's A2 or A3 and Bernard can't be sure if it's D2 or C3. Both have 2 options

If Albert had either A or B then he would say that Bernard might know which pad it is.

You clearly know more about this than I do, but I feel like this is semantics. Where you say "exist in", I would say "exist as". As far as I know, whatever a memory may be in itself, it is "in" a network of the type you described. Let me know if I'm getting that much wrong.

I understand. Thanks user

There is a fair bit of semantics involved what you mean is right. That memories are *represented* in networks. My main point was to explain that information is given meaning first, then represented in the brain, then related representations(signs) are connected
Sorry I got to go and I've done a poor job of explaining this from the beginning and dont have time to rethink my explanation
The just of it was the act learning makes networks,and not networks making the act of learning

How the fuck do you build a memory palace? The act of remembering a place and putting stuff in it seems something that requires an eidetic memory to even get started. Are there any techniques to do that?

You can use memorization to solve a problem in your head while you're doing other stuff, without needing a pencil or a paper.

>>You can use memorization to solve a problem in your head while you're doing other stuff, without needing a pencil or a paper.
I'm not telling you to not memorize anything, but to build an understanding of the topic on your own instead of the brainlet way that is rote "learning" random facts about it (but not really having an understanding of the thing)

C3

After the first sentence Bernard knows Albert doesn't have A or B (since 5/6)
After the second sentence Albert knows Bernard has 2,3 or 4 (Since those are the only known by exlusion)
Finally Albert has two possibilities.
He either has D, and so can't know which pad is the correct one (D2/D4).
Or he has C, in which case he knows which one is the correct.
So after the third senctence we can disscern that the correct pad is C3

The Idea is to build a memory palace on something on your long term memory so that you can simply hook" ideas to something you already know easily and use recognition memory instead of just recall, it also gives organization to the memory

Have an eidetic memory.
I can retrieve any information I want.

>eidetic memory
no such thing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory#Skepticism

>The act of remembering a place and putting stuff in it seems something that requires an eidetic memory to even get started. Are there any techniques to do that?
It's just visualization. Almost everyone can do it, the ones who can't have aphantasia

MAJESTIC