All-in-one meals

If you made these into a soup:

Broccoli
Spinach
Spirulina
Onion
Garlic
Water

And only ate this soup, what would you most likely become deficient in?

Vitamin b because i think that vitamin is mostly found in meats. Theres also a vitamin found in fish but i forgot what it is called

I'm not going to go through all of them to confirm, but you would almost certainly be deficient in at least one of the essential amino acids with only those vegetables.

Fat, most likely. But probably not enough to seriously affect your health. Dried Spirulina has 9g per cup. The protein content is absurd though, so Protein deficiency is unlikely. Also thanks for giving me another idea for a protein source.

If i replaced water with bone broth would that patch up whats missing

>amino acid
>vit b
>fat

Spirulina is a complete protein. Just take a vitamin supplement also. If you want, eat some nuts too or something else fatty.

Experiments with using spirulina as animal feed have only found that it was tolerated well at relatively low levels, generally for under 10% of calories.

The trouble with doing something that looks good on paper based on simple information about nutrition is that real nutrition isn't simple. Everyone has mutations and little defects, and many of them cause people to require nutrients that aren't generally considered essential. Typically, this isn't a severe problem, because they eat a variety of foods, get a sense of what makes them feel good, and are able to choose to eat what they need. However, in the modern era, there's an abundance of highly processed foods which imitate others without containing the same nutrients, or are optimized for stimulation with things like sugar and artificial flavor and color, and consumption of these tends to result in poor health.

Scientific nutrition works better for livestock than for people, because it's acceptable to just let a few livestock die who don't do well on a particular diet. For people, traditional cuisine, variety, and following individual taste are best, while avoiding modern imitation and druglike foods.

Also:
>If you only ate this weird green health fad goop, what would you most likely become deficient in?
Dignity and will to live.

Spirulina is not a fad. It's been around for a long ass time. And WHAT animals? That's the point. I doubt there's been any experimentation on humans, but I can guarantee you many fish, for example, live almost exclusively on Spirulina without any deleterious effects.

>peoples bodies tell them to eat what they need thats unique to them.. Except sometimes when its processed and we get tricked into eating it.

If this "tricking" can occur, really theres no limits to it either way, so you shouldnt trust your body if it tells you it wants 10gal of ice cream or a nice seafood waterzooi. Nothing is safe

>fad goop

Please go back to /pol/ or wherever you came from

vitamin c to fix add potatoes, it will go well

>If you made these into a soup:
>And only ate this soup, what would you most likely become deficient in?

Flavor.

>Fat, most likely.
This. You would have to add some coconut oil to it, OP.

/thread

Vitamin B-12
Vegans have to take supplements for it cause its basically only found in animal products which this contains none of.

Why don't you start literally eating grass you soyboy?

>>peoples bodies tell them to eat what they need thats unique to them.
What is the deal with morons who can't just quote what is said, but have to rephrase it into a strawman argument?

I wasn't saying people just instinctively know what to eat, but that they learn over time and experience what foods make them feel good and healthy.

Personally, I need to eat beef. I don't know what's in it that I need. I don't know if there's something I could substitute for beef, or a supplement I could take. I know I fought against and dismissed my cravings for it, when I was broke and beef was more expensive than chicken or pork, and my health suffered badly. I only made the connection because of the cravings.

>If this "tricking" can occur, really theres no limits to it either way, so you shouldnt trust your body if it tells you it wants 10gal of ice cream or a nice seafood waterzooi. Nothing is safe
How do you reach this conclusion? You're just arbitrarily assert there's no limit, despite the fact that we evolved with a certain set of potential foods in our environment, without abundant sugar and artificial flavorings and colorings, like we couldn't possibly have evolved anything to steer us toward eating the things we need for our health in our ancestral environment, which dedicated teams of chemists have bent their efforts toward subverting into urges to buy highly profitable junk food that will leave us malnourished and obese.

omega-3? I'm a vegeterian and take a supplement for this.

B vitamins in general are acutally most abundant in foods vegans can eat (from wiki):

> Good sources for B vitamins include legumes (pulses or beans), whole grains, potatoes, bananas, chili peppers, tempeh, nutritional yeast, brewer's yeast, and molasses

But B-12 is only available from animal products, so that's the one vegans should take a supplement for.

Time because you'd have to drink gallons of that shit to come in over 2kc/day. Add oils/starches to it

literally every vegan and vegetarian dish tastes like shit and is objectively a lot times less nutritous, what's the fucking point?

Taste.

sex

>Water
The simplee trick is to remove the water and drink a very tall glass of milk with your soup.
It will taste horrendous.

What about fat soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, and K?

B12, because spirulina sucks
Can provide source to dumb vegans

If you're a vegeterian for at least two years go see a doctor to get your blood tested for b12.
My b12 level dropped to almost critical so I take subs now. This took 4 years of no meat though.

Is this pseudo B12 in Spirulina?

It is pseudo-B12
Vegans basically btfo and have to take supps

I actually take a supplement for b12 as well haha, I didn't always though. Just started about a year ago. I've been a vegetarian since I was a kid and always ate a lot of milk + eggs so I don't think I was too bad off.

Try some indian dishes, my dude.

It takes a while for it to drop. Most vegans eat nutritional yeast which is fortified with B12. A vegetarian friend eats it on popcorn and it isn't bad at all. If you eat dairy or eggs regularly you shouldn't have a problem, but double check with your doctor obviously.

Basically, unless your doctor orders you to be vegan, you really shouldn't be vegan. Because needing to take supplements or eat fortified foods means your diet isn't complete.

As an fyi to everyone who is saying b12, i know OP is saying only ate that soup - but it is good to know that b12 is the only water soluble vitamin your body can store (which it can for about a year). Just as an fyi