100% on every test including the final

>100% on every test including the final
>highest grade I can get is a 80% because I never came to class

why do professors do participation grades in the sciences? is it not enough to actually be able to solve the given problems? Do you think its possible for me to ask the professor for an exception?

Other urls found in this thread:

iflscience.com/space/that-interstellar-asteroid-was-like-nothing-weve-ever-seen-in-our-solar-system-before/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>why do professors do participation grades in the sciences?
because you're going to a daycare, not a real university

I know that feel. I asked my professor once and he said it was policy.

It's fucking retarded, but universities punish self-learners. Everybody knows you can easily teach yourself the material, the degree shows that you dragged your ass to class and did the homework

Im going to a state uni taking real analysis

>I know that feel. I asked my professor once and he said it was policy.
so I guess im fucked
>Everybody knows you can easily teach yourself the material
if they're teaching directly from the book, thats almost always true

some of my professors however don't do that, and those are the classes I go to

Trust me professors don’t want these measures either

But the “student success” administrative staff pressure them into doing it because they feel it would increase pass rates :(

>why do professors do participation grades in the sciences
Women. Not even joking. Girls suck at tests but are good at diligently doing homework, showing up to class, shit like that.

>because they feel it would increase pass rates :(
Because it does. It also eliminates the male advantage in college. Read up on the history of these policies. They were literally advocated for by feminists on the basis of let's fight oppresshiun and musogeeknee

What sort of tinpot uni allows students to get 100% in all classes?

>What sort of tinpot uni allows students to get 100% in all classes?
Are there no smart students at your uni?

>good grades
>smart
You're obedient, not smart.

>bad grades
>smart
You're not smart.

It's an attempt to influence behavior.
Set aside yourself as an example and consider the many people who would pass a given course's tests had they showed up to class but who would fail those tests had they not shown up.
You could argue "so what, let them fail," but it's not going to look good for the school if shitloads of their students are failing out in numbers that could be significantly reduced by a simple attendance based deterrent.
Also this:

Grades have nothing to do with intelligence was my point, but you're stupid so you missed that.

>Grades have nothing to do with intelligence was my point
[citation needed]

>smart -> good grades implies good grades -> smart

You're obedient, not smart.

t. 2.8 GPA

>What sort of tinpot uni allows students to get 100% in all classes?
How exactly would any uni prevent this? Professors would have to conspire to edit someone's grades if they had 100s

I think it's possible to be smart and get bad grades, but if I had to bet $50,000 on whether a given high scoring student would test higher than average or lower than average on an IQ test, I would definitely bet on the former.
Being smart with bad grades would be the exception, not the rule.

They prevent it by making long/hard enough tests so they cant be completed in the given time

>How exactly would any uni prevent this?
By not having courses so easy that people get perfect scores in everything they take.
>Professors would have to conspire to edit someone's grades if they had 100s
No, you would just need to have rigorous courses. It might still be possible for someone to get perfect score in one course or even all courses, but that sort of happenstance should be pretty rare if it even happens at all.

At my UK uni you will fail a module if your attendance is poor enough. The actual lecturers do not care personally but admin staff enforce it. They give you a few warnings though

Daily reminder that any course with attendance is a brainlet course.

Because you're still in highschool

An intelligent man would study and get good grades. Is that not true?

>I don't get bad grades because I'm stupid OR lazy. I get them because I'm a free thinking REBEL
that's some fine mental gymnastics you're doing there to save your ego from realizing you're stupid

>I’m so smart because I can take the test.
>I didn’t bother planning ahead enough to realize that taking the test wouldn’t achieve my goal.
Grades are also to help future employers understand why you might not be a good employee even though you can take the test good.

>state uni
Like I said, not a real university.

>Real Analysis
>100% or higher on every test & exam, went to every class, went to office hours, asked questions beyond the scope of the lecture
>good rapport with the professor
>could get a 15% on the final and still have an A+
>mfw

Just read the syllabus nibbah. That's literally all you gotta do. There's always this one guy at the end of the semester bitching about how he never showed up to class and now he's down a letter grade. It's a dumb ass system we all know this on sci, if you know the material you know the material, but you gotta work within the system. It's just the way it is.

Because science is about participating with your peers, not being able to memorize shit other people who participated with their peers came up with, you stupid Engineer.

>intelligence means doing something beneficial when you understand it will be beneficial
Sometimes you develop bad habits user. For instance I never did homework in middle-school because I was able to skip that shit and ace tests. Carried over into HS with that mentality and had to shape up.

-t scored 145 on iqtest.dk

20% participation? ive never had a class like that. most they give is 15% for homework, 5% for quizzes. where you live in America?

Who is this cumdumpster?

lul 3d state uni

you mean wise

Einstein wasn't ever in a PhD program. He independently wrote a thesis, sent it to a university, and got a PhD for it.

Self study is the only form of study. Everything else is day care

because you are expected to be able to socialize and make contacts you chipmunk. Your teacher and his colleagues want to know that the people they are bringing to the office don't spill spaghetti all over their work. Nobody is going to enter a hermit into the sciences if the asshole can't even work together with other people. If you don't want to work in teams then be happy with your below average grunt work until you kill yourself.

>100%
No wonder the US produces literally brainlets, I had a friend who went to study there and told me a literally brainlet in the EU can ace every test in an US university.

That's just unnecessary.

found the "C"-student

This

or a glorification of an established professor, buy their book, suck their cock etc.

I hope no one takes this bullshit seriously.

>you can prove the Riemann hypothesis and revolutionize mathematics
>but you cant socialize lol, F
People unironically think this is ok

Same shit happens in Яussia, unfortunately, even on pure math majors. I skipped everything and liked to show off at the exams by proving everything via shit we didn't learn and then illustrating it via physics (since diff forms, group theory, symplectic/Riemannian geometry and similar are widely used there). This was in addition to the standard proofs required by the program. Helped everyone in my group as well, tried to explain (when asked) motivation/insight and shared my cool notes from other textbooks.

Everyone hated me (both in group and professors), and I got 4 pretty much all the time (5 is the highest) because I did not attend lectures. This was around the time I started working on my English and chatted with my fellow anons from European/US universities, they were quite impressed that I wasn't instantly snatched into some research group. As a result, I knew more than almost everyone in my group but got zero "social links" that allowed me to pursue career in uni.

tldr: nobody really cares that you know stuff, school and uni teach you discipline and improve your learning ability.

there are 4 types of people in this world to solve Riemann hypothesis, linear people, antilinear people, people with daisy chain logic who fail, and a guy out there who soled it at 14 but is reading this drunk at 5 a.m. in america and doesn't give a fuck about people or helping them. It might even involve more chaos than critical thinking. maybe there aren't even 23 unsolved problems, just a guy you people are assholes to everyday? ever think about that? nah didn't think so.

fuck i missed a letter gnight

Johhny has an apple, he trades you for another apple. fair trade right? No because his apple is .000002 more.people are so fucking dumb sometimes. even savants try for years to figure this shit out. They are just not wired correctly, how can you solve the problems of the universe if you act like you are in the universe. It's no different than flat earthers. If you did an equation for 1x2 when the equation was 1.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000023.x2 withouth a calculator how would you even tell? screen doesn't have that many digits. and the people mentoring you are already telling you it's impossible.you are all just extragalagic immigrants made up of matter from other galaxies anyways. stop trying so fucking hard. never even posted here till last night but i guarantee you won't do shit for humanity. And even me posting here is going to only inspire that one guy that make history, but even he will only be remembered for.... why am i even speaking like time matters. this has already happened it's just my job to post here.

>brainlet trying to justify fucking up on every test

At beginning of class the professor handed out a sheet that said you get 20% of your grade literally for free by just sitting in a chair, and you turned it down, so you get the grade you deserve kid

At my uni (in europe) you have to be a literal genius to get 100% on every test. I have never heard of anyone accomplishing this feat.

Riemann hypothesis is like saying you can go to a gas pump and pump exactly 1 gallon of gas and just standing there like a chimp holding the handle. you aren't analyzing the pump, the machine, or the atoms transferred. why try nothing since that has been what we have done since the beginning of time.

iflscience.com/space/that-interstellar-asteroid-was-like-nothing-weve-ever-seen-in-our-solar-system-before/

>i read my old news before you read your old news.

but stay woke young blood

(i actually knew about it way before but w/e always post the first article bro.)

read full pic if you are really confused

>You're too stupid to be able to convince someone you know how to do something

>Professor says you need to attend class to get participation marks.
>Don't go to class
>Complain I don't get full marks

Retarded at its fullest

>Implying a genius would spend his time shitposting in Veeky Forums.

lol I get it that this is may not be your point, but still.

It was a test to see how well you can follow directions. You failed, brainlet.

I think I need some souce on that

Simple thievery of time. "Muh uni" meme is more about a social status and a diploma than a real science.
But many students need to be guided and their time must be filled by social interaction activities because thery are a helpless brainlets without understanding a basic things.

They don't, in the sciences. They only do so in second high school, common in some parts of the world.

When I was a Graduate student teaching an undergrad programming class I was REQUIRED by the university to use attendance as part of the grading. So I took attendance ONCE on first day of class. I could care less if a person attend3ed class as long as they learned to program. ONLY time I ever had an issue was a girl who was upset that she cam to every class, sat in the front, and tried her best and was still doing poorly and was mad that others never came to class and were getting high grades.

When *I* went to university attendance was completely optional... I was surprised when I changed university for Grad school that some universities took attendance.

Make sure to remember that colleges don't actually exist to make you smarter. Sure, that's a nice benefit if you take some non-brainlet courses but the main point still remains. They exist primarily to make money, and secondarily to create worker drones that are just slightly less retarded than usual.

Weighting grades more heavily towards attendance and homework makes it easier for brainlets to pass classes and thus gives the university a higher graduation rate, which makes them look good, and higher attendance, for which they get more money. The businesses funding them also care more about having diligent, responsible wageslaves than actual free thinkers. This aspect is a lot worse in lower education but it's still present in college.

t. Someone who made the mistake of going into business. Most of it is just common sense wrapped up in jargon and daily reminders that your job is to suck shareholder cock.

Eh. Most of the course is optional attendance, with the exclusion of some seminars here and there. Even then your attendance doesn't affect your grade and you'll just get extra assignments and other work instead, so you could still not show up and pass with a perfect grade.

Basically they don't care where or how you do it as long as you get your work done and show up for tests.

talk to your professor and try to reason with him or her.

my shitty university has an attendance mandated on the classes but it's in place for the sole purpose of raising GPA on average across the board. if I miss a few classes/don't go to classes but I still perform top of the class I just talk with my professors who all know me already because I'm an active member of the university and they just give me perfect attendance scores.

Punctuality and attendance matter in the real world. May as well encourage good habits early.

i'm not paying thousands of dollars a year to learn how to be a good goy

t. soyboy

Not really, it's only polite.

Because for every guy who can teach himself there's five dumbasses who think they can and can't.

Just go to the fucking classes you cunt, it's not exactly hard and it'll prepare you for a life of actual fucking work.

>read syllabus in beginning of semester, realize you can get 20% free points just by being in class
>still can't be bothered to lift your ass up to class
brainlet, either you play by the rules given to you or you whine to yourself after the fact

>participating with your peers = sitting in the same room, taking notes in silence

Sauce on img pls sir

My highschool biology teacher always gave me 9's because he said I would stop worrying if I got 10's

this

>some fine mental gymnastics
>literally basic modus ponens logic
???

also nice ad hom faggot, really goes to show you can't defend a point at all

If you're going to a school where you get a participation grade for taking notes in silence, you've already fucked up.

>100%
You went to a shit school and/or have a shit professor. Please don't delude yourself into thinking this proves anything.
Even the most intelligent humans on earth will from time to time make a small mistake or word their answer slightly wrong or something. Sorry, I'm not buying that this was a serious math course and that you somehow were able to get perfect scores on everything.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

you guys are retarded and sheltered. Once you get to the real world, you'll realize intelligence means nothing without effort. University SHOULD make an effort to teach you that, I learned it the hard way. There is absolutely no shortage of people "able to solve the given problems" in fucking undergrad classes. You're not special and intelligence is not a scarce resource. "unrewarded genius is almost a proverb". Learn to apply yourself because once you start research/join the workforce, everyone's as smart as you (or close enough in practical terms) but they won't be as lazy.

Because you're taking a humanities course.

Because you're a student, you utter fucking retard.

I think this is possible. There's no way everyone who has the answers gives a shit about us assholes

delet dis

normies actually believe this