Why do engineers find linear algebra hard?

Why do engineers find linear algebra hard?

Why isn't linear algebra taught in highschool?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjBOesZCoqc&list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything is "hard" before you understand it and then it is "easy" after you understand it.

Why do 4channers post bait?

Why did you post this bait?

I havent see engies complaing about linear algebra that much, they do complain too much about fucking calc though.

I don't think you can do linear algebra in high school given that basic knowledge of group theory and fields if necessary. That said, I did matrix algebra in high school which surely helped. As for why engineers can't understand linear algebra, I suppose it has to do with low intelligence.

Linear Algebra is taught in highschool, and for what math courses above it that can be simplified aren't, blame non-whites, we lower education standards all the fucking time for them taking down the rest of us with them.

Linear algebra almost becomes a triviality once you stop thinking in terms of matrices.

This, it doesn't even make sense for a human to think in terms of matrices.

For me linear algebra was the easiest math class to pass. However, that said, it was the hardest class to actually understand conceptually. I passed the class with an A and A's on every exam, but I honeslty was lost the whole class.

Linear algebra can be frustrating if you just do it by memorization, what I imagine many engineers do due to engineering math courses usually being shit. If you actually aim to understand even the very basics of it, it's really intuitive and easy.

That being said, 3blue1brown has a really nice video series about the basics, which I still occasionally skim through when I need a quick reminder for some stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=kjBOesZCoqc&list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab

Hey screw you blame your parents for not putting you in a better school, but desu education really has declined over the years

Not true, some things are still hard after understanding

>engineer friend
>"yea man, this semester is so rough. Taking advances math courses you know"
>"linear algebra... multivariate calc... really theoretical stuff"

Then your definition of understanding is lacking.

Must be something similar to little girls making youtube videos where they talk about their favorite band / some other similar yawnfest.
Little uncertain attention seekers who for some unfathomable reason find it satisfying that other people pay attention.

I am EE/physics major and I hate when engineering students act like calc classes and diff eq are advanced...I guess compared to most people they could be but in STEM cmon dude.

this

>he didn’t study linear algebra in 6th grade

>Why isn't linear algebra taught in highschool?
Because it won't be taught correctly and people will have to essentially unlearn what they were taught in highschool which is bad.

>Why do engineers find linear algebra hard?
Because engineers are monkeys.
They are not being taught mathematics. They are memorizing algorithms.

>given that basic knowledge of group theory and fields is necessary
It is not.
You just teach them R^n over R and maybe something like R^N over R and R^R over R.

>Why do engineers find linear algebra hard?
Engineers don't, I mean the real ones, engineering students might do that before they drop out or become engineers only on paper.

>Why isn't linear algebra taught in highschool?
It is here in Europe. Proofs are reserved for university, so it's basically matrix algebra.

>It is here in Europe. Proofs are reserved for university, so it's basically matrix algebra.
Which is plain horrible becausen shit like matrix multiplication are completely unmotivated.

Have you seen the stuff high schoolers struggle to comprehend? In countries like mine, where we don't segregate the brainlets and the capable people, high school is a total waste of time mathematically because you have to take a week to repeat basic geometry before every time a new part of geometry shows up.

>if you know something it can't be timeconsuming and require deep concentration

kys

>he studied linear algebra at all

fucking nerd

engineering students != engineers

All the engineers I've ever met still work at Subway or Wendy's.

this.

t. yourrope

>sandwich engineering

I wish it was and I find linear algebra difficult to grasp in concept on first practice but returning to it I find it to be one of the most beautiful branches of mathematics

t. duel engineering/applied mathematics degree brainlet

why did you post this shitheel on Veeky Forums OP?

In no universe do you need group theory or arbitrary fields to explain basic linear algebra.

>In no universe
>the many worlds """interpretation"""