ITT: discuss your literary ambitions

ITT: discuss your literary ambitions

Teach my kids to appreciate literature, and critique works based on merit.

my first novel will be the great american novel

i will then retire, move to the west coast, and make the citizen kane of video games

Spend less time shitposting here and read more.

Well, for starters, getting some positive feedback from Veeky Forums. Yeah, I'm that ambitious.

enlightenment

I want to write a novel that I am happy with, I don't care about anyone else.

Having intelligent debates, discussions with my friends and being able to quote authors would be nice.

On a more selfish note, that personal collection of rapture's has me lusting.

I'd like to collect books myself. I think that would be really satisfying to have a vast collection of books you know intimately. Like if someone was walking through and picked out a book, I could tell them what I thought about it.

Haiku posting here.
I am no innovator,
Arrogant wordsmiths.

Great post, full ten points,
But if his syllable count's
Seventeen, you're done.

get more stories published, hopefully get my books published, obtain sex and money.

I want to write fun, genre fiction for whatever the modern version of pulp magazines is.

I want to kill myself

I want to kill people with my words.

Poetry

Finished a 200~ page manuscript in the style of Pound's cantos and influenced by hundreds of other poets

Pure passion and literary theory applied

will never be published because nobody publishes that sort of stuff

sad days. Boo hoo

sort of disappointed though

getting a job that pays enough to live and read almost all day

I want to write a book and make so much money off of it that I can like a comfy life of vidya and Veeky Forums with any qt I want

I just wanna get some of my sci-fi short stories published

Also The Brothers Karamazov is the next doorstopper I plan to read

Write a successful novel that is published and remembered

just mail it to publishers, see what happens

I want to write works that people are reading a thousand years from now.

I also want to create something I consider beautiful and enjoyable to read. The two ambitions are not mutually exclusive.

How will you ever write anything interesting or worthwhile when you can't even get a (You)?

To understand books that I read, but I lose focus after a sentence. Such is life of a Brainlet.

This

You need to network until you find someone who will help you/be your patron. The modern publishing industry is garbage, you'll have to do things the old fashioned way.

tried two places, both rejections

go for it, just dump time into it
;(

Yeah I'm working on it right now, and it's coming along pretty well.

I want to write a book my friends can enjoy.

I'm trying to write something but is going nowhere, I can't come up with a plot, or interesting characters. My ambition, at least now, is to be able to write something that has and begining, a clĂ­max and an ending, just that. At this rate I think it will take me ages.

Full-time writer in about 11-23 months. Made almost $50 in March, expecting to make minimum $60 in April, if not $80+. Should be able to finish 1-2 books per month with the rate at which I'm writing. I'll also probably be doing one promotion per month where I give away some ebooks for free, put others at a discount, and leave others still at full price. With each successive promotion dozens or potentially over a hundred people get my work, hopefully most will try to read it, some will read all of what they've gotten, and a few will like what they've read so get more of my work. In a perfect world, everyone who gets my stuff will enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it, and I love writing, but sadly this isn't a perfect world. Some people don't like what I write, and though that's disappointing, it's ok. I can't expect to please everyone.

I also want to try writing a really historically accurate historical fiction someday. Bernard Cornwell is my hero.

>1-2 books a month
You're doing writing wrong. I assure you that even the worst YA writers take a lot longer to write a book than that.

I want to be the OP of the closest equivalent to an epic thread in Veeky Forums Veeky Forums

BORN ON A MOUNTAIN
RAISED IN A CAVE
TRUCKIN AND FUCKING
IS ALL I CRAVE

It took Stendhal like 50 days to write The Charterhouse of Parma... Yeah, sit on that, kiddo

My lit goal is to write a work of fiction that criticizes our time so insightfully that y'all 21st century first world scrubs have no choice but to straighten out and fly right. I will use art to save humanity.

>The Charterhouse of Parma
>50 days
it shows

Quit my wagecuckery, move to Maine, get some non-desk job with flexible hours, and spend the rest of my life reading and writing in peace. I just want to be comfy, lads. Fuck hedonism.

Stendhal btfo!!!!

kys

No, I will outlive you out of spite and to overshadow your shitty choice in french literature.

Do you read french

Holy...

Yes, but you don't need to know french to see awful plot devices.

>reading for plot

quick : you have five (5) minutes to explain (in french) your issues with Stendhal !

c'est d'la merde

the first half of this post

There is literally a novella I wrote, nearly 29,000 words, in less than 100 hours. That's not 100 hours of writing/editing, but 100 hours in total; the clock never stops. Over half of it was written within the first 24 hours, and over a third of it was written within the first 6 hours. It is a drama, and a guy who's not even into drama gave it a read. He loved it. You don't need to spend ages on something for it to be good, and I have nigh-perfect grammar so even the 'rough draft' as it were comes out spotless for the most part. I'm a very fast writer; 60-80 words per minute when all is going well.

I am unironically working on filling a spiral notebook with A-) strange, schizophrenic doodles and B-) a sloppy, rambling philosophical novel. Once it is completed, I'm going to go to my local used book store, walk into the "Classics" section, and leave it right there with Dostoevsky, Melville, and all the rest.

I have a 17" dick. Girth like a rolling pin. Trust.