This true?

this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

ase.tufts.edu/cogstud/dennett/papers/rolelang.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

really makes you think huh

English is the international language of business, commerce and trade, diplomacy, science, and engineering.
Speaking it does not make one intelligent just as not speaking it does not make one unintelligent. However, it is smart to learn it.

>more native spanish speakers
>more native chinese speakers
>not reading beautiful arabic poetry
>not reading the Greeks in the original Greek
>getting cucked by british and american imperialism
>believing commerce, trade, diplomacy, science, engineering makes for good literature

Why so bourgois, user? Life isn't all about commerce and economic power.

That desperate babby contrarianism.

>not learning english at fucking school

Nobody cares Jaun.

Of course it is true. Is it conflictive?

>monolinguals

wtf i'm gonna learn latin now

That image was made by some pissed off negro child who wants to feel better about failing his/her high school English class. Of course such a person would not know about how human language and human intelligence are inextricably tied to one another.

Why do celebrities always have this condescending patronising way of speaking as if they possess some higher intelligence?

>getting cucked by british and american imperialism
Only kind of imperialism worth getting cucked for.
>spicks
>chinks
Shit-tier.

>arabic
>beautiful

True, it's french.

Can you tell me more?

Here's a good paper on it

ase.tufts.edu/cogstud/dennett/papers/rolelang.htm

Thx

>IQ tests are racis

Its false, English is a shitty language and impedes people's ability to express concepts fluently and poetically.

Someone who speaks only English trying to engage in any form of higher thought is like someone with both feet tied together trying to run a marathon.

Pic related. True thinkers speak in cases.

you catholic LARPers are getting worse than militant athiests

It applies just as much to orthodox (Greek) and the Germans in general.

English is just a shitty language. Get over it.

I know you're memeing, but what is the lit/ consensus about the race/IQ relation?

IQ is a spook.

>believing in the strong form of sapir-whorf

Wow get a load of this dumb cunt

spook is a spook

Is this a challenge to standards of grammar?

I'm not moved.

i got a 34 on the ACT reading comprehension what does that mean?

I got a 36 on English and Reading suck my dick pleb

Also fuck the SAT

Whether you are able to speak English correctly when it is your native language and you have had the benefit of schooling is a measure of intelligence.

>correctly

variations in linguistic registers and dialects across cultures in america have been proven to be entirely unrelated to intelligence

it's just education

the picture is correct

There is such a thing as "standard English" which even descriptivist grammars acknowledge.

Everyone agrees IQ is essentially a spook, even IQ scientists and psychologists. That doesn't mean it isn't a relatively accurate nad valid measurement of intelligence.

if it's relatively accurate, what makes it a spook?

I honestly agree with this. English is more like a programming language than a literary language. It's pragmatic and it encapsulates your mind into a strict word order and conventional phrasing. Every language reflects a certain way of thinking: English reflects the practical and simplistic mentality of early bourgeoisie and protestant catechism, later become the capitalist caste of today's world. Poetical and elevated thought is really hard in English.

It's a complete meme. IQ tests are only based on arbitrary logical-mathematical questions. If you think a test created by man to evaluate man is objective, you're retarded.

hurr durr languages be different at shit
don't know if anyone told you, retard, but for every english word there's an equivalent in other languages, more or less.
hurr durr word order makes it difficult for me to express me thoughts n shieettttt
literally nigger tier. off yourself m9
you're just shit at english buddy

>more native spanish speakers
>more native chinese speakers
And they're mostly dirt poor third worlders that no one wants to talk to.

only economically, most english speakers only use 5,000 out of 200,000+ words to bitch about TV shows and bad movies

Sure but since it only matters if people think you are smart, not that you actually, why not just improve your vocabulary?

thats contemporary shit-head-who-calls-piss-on-a-canvas-art-english

most any english literary piece before 1940 has either Germanic or Latin like structure

compare Moby Dick to Meme Jest or John green

In the context of being someone outside of a predominantly English speaking country, this is mostly correct. In the context of being someone within a predominantly English speaking country, whose mother tongue is English, I've found that people with a shit grasp of English tend to be idiots more often than not.

as someone who regularly works with students for whom english is a second language which they've been poorly taught, i can say with confidence that while it isn't a measure of "intelligence," i do tend to find that unclear thinking is expressed in unclear language. you take two students with approximately the same competency, and i promise you that the one who has done their homework (in whatever language they choose to read) will express themselves more clearly than the one who threw it together. i would even say that this applies for students with lower language competence. it does not seem to matter how well they can speak or write: if they understand the material they find the expression.

of course none of this is quantified or quantifiable unless you rely on sociological methods which don't tell you anything but what the student believes about their competence. but the point is that in my fairly extensive experience with non-native speakers and writers, studying the material you're expected to write on matters more than studying the language in which you're expected to write it, up to a certain point.

mind you i'm not talking about interpretations of Hegel. this are pro-con research assignments, yes-or-no business ethics papers, book reviews—work intended purely to ensure a student can follow directions and gather research. but i think the point about language competency stands, especially because i'll get native speakers who put together shittier writing than my second language students.

>word equivalency

find me an adequate english translation of Vorstellung and i'll give you a philosophy chair in any department of your choosing lol. obviously i'm being hyperbolic.

besides syntax matters more for what that user is talking about, and english syntax is analytic and rigid.

you're a profligate

>"I hope one day people will understand"
Sounds pretentious

American English is actually the best language for a number of reasons. One, it is fluid without being overly so. Two, it is able to incorporate words from other languages and has the most number of words of any language - American English especially, due to America's rich multiethnic heritage (this is also why Americans can say "pasta" or "taco" without sounding like utter retards, as the British do). Three, its rules are loose and can be bent without obscuring meaning.

act is for brainlets in flyover states, real wizkids take the SAT

But it is. Studies of breadth of language correlates with IQ.