Brainless faggot here, how can i introduce myself to philosophy? I'm interested in nihilism, pessimism, existentialism...

Brainless faggot here, how can i introduce myself to philosophy? I'm interested in nihilism, pessimism, existentialism, metaphysics and also ancient Greek texts, but my knowledge is very basic and i get despondent very quickly 'cause i can't understand what they speak, so i'm here asking for books or guides to introduce me to the philosophy.
The closest thing to philosophy i've been is with novels like "The Plague" and "Le extranger" from Camus, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" from Philip, Sartre's "nausea" and animes like Evangelion or Lain.

honestly first read the wikipedias and IEP and plato.stanford

this will give you context

ignore there are far too many dilettantes polluting the field right now. either save for a tutor or a university education or stick to vidya

Get into college and major in philosophy

You already know who to start with. The specific answer is Plato.

If you want very comprehensive and accessible secondary literature, Copleston's history of philosophy is GOAT.

Don't listen to this fag. You don't have to be a philosopher to know some shit about philosophy, so as it's been said you can easily start on wikipedia.

Universities are polluting the field, 'dilettantes' are trying to save it.

Non-STEM academia is dead.

Start with the greeks
Proceed with the romans
Continue with the scholastics
Brave on with enlightenment
Carefully steer clear of empiricucks
Carry on with idealists
Finish with The Bible

skip the heathens, straight to the bible

sola scriptura all the way down

context is for catholics, holy spirit will sort you out

ignore telling you to ignore

dont read
just go to church

And wait for revelation. Yeah nah, fuck off.

>telling a simple man like OP to read Hegel
there's nothing wrong with just listening my man.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO

BORN ON A MOUNTAIN
RAISED IN A CAVE
TRUCKIN AND FUCKIN
IS ALL I CRAVE

Even philosophy?

Philosophy has been fucked since at least the 60s.

Well fuck me, what should I go to university for?

Don't listen to these fuckers. Read A New History of Western Philosophy in four volumes by Sir Anthony Kenny. Then read the originals of the philosophers who interest you the most.

Law.

This:Modern introductory tomes are everywhere if you look hard enough.

science technology engenering and mathematics

Both interest me.

My issue with STEM is that most engineering and CS student I see are extremely arrogant so they make me not want to do either one of those. Science is cool, but I'm not sure what field would be best for me. And math doesn't interest me really.

Law is cool, but I hear that it's way over saturated atm.

Also isn't the glut of CS and engineering students going to screw everyone over leaving very few great jobs left?

STEM or go to tradeschool.

It doesn't matter though, most jobs will be automated soon and in the few years before AI takeover we will probably spend with civil unrest/war, actual war, superbugs, mass migration and natural disaster.

so clearly one should study for surviving that. Unless you don't actually believe that's the future and you're just trying to sound prophetic?

I started by reading Plato's dialogues. I would recommend them to any beginner.

>so clearly one should study for surviving that.
Only if you go by the assumption that the following world will provide the possibility of a life worth living.

> Unless you don't actually believe that's the future and you're just trying to sound prophetic?
The things I mentioned are pretty much inevitable by any reasonable standard. Maybe the AI takeover is debatable.

>Only if you go by the assumption that the following world will provide the possibility of a life worth living.

>Implying life's worth living.

Read the wikipedia article for all of them, and then shitpost on Veeky Forums as if you were an expert.

OK so STEM it is. What STEM major is the most Veeky Forums?

I would say pure mathematics.

Just being a NEET bohemian lumpenprole is still way more Veeky Forums though.

I didn't make that assumption to be honest.