Can you be a Christian without believing in god?

Can you be a Christian without believing in god?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism
youtu.be/8ZUlq0lil1w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

as long as you can suck kid dicks

Yes, but you can't be Christian without believing in God.

can you post literature on Veeky Forums?

According to Catholicism, yes.

you can be culturally christian without believing in god

Given that Christian only implies reverence for a Christ figure, sure.

>Can you be a Christian without believing in god?
>Yes, but you can't be Christian without believing in God.
What did he mean by this?

No. You'll be hurled into Hell for being a hypocrite. If you don't believe it's better to just be an atheist.

Can you be without God? The answer is, no.

Difference between a Christian and Christian.

If you don't believe in God, become Buddhist or something. It's pretty cool, desu. As long as you don't meme it up.

>can you be well-read without actually having read any books?

Yes. It's called Christian Atheism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

Good question. 17th century France was pretty much divided on the issue.

The usual answer is that God furnishes efficient and/or effective grace. Efficient grace isn't salvation but it's what you need to take the leap. Effective grace is actual grace. Now here's the thing. If you behave like a Christian, but you don't have effective grace (ie. feeling god), but you fear hell and all that jazz, and you do pray and follow the catholic church which received the holy spirit from the hands of Jesus, then yes, you can be a Christian. Fear of God is enough ; belief is not given to everyone ; but disbelief is an actual choice. Think about it this way ; what if God decided not to give you faith, in order to test you ?

all true christians are atheists

Yes, but that's still belief in God. It's willing belief, rather than instinctive faith, but you still ultimately believe in God, even if it's because you're telling yourself to believe.

Not believing in God, period, disqualifies one from being a Christian.

Yes you can. Another user posted christian atheism, which is following the morals of a christian, but not believing in god. By all means do this as having good morals helps yourself and society.

According to the united church of Canada, no. Not that what they think matters but they recently defrocked a minister named gretta vosper for declaring herself an atheist

What the fuck is wrong with you retards?

>what if God decided not to give you faith, in order to test you ?

That's a dick move.

begone christ cuck

Christian Atheists are hypocrites, as they accept Jesus' righteous character and moral authority without believe in His holy righteousness and authority. There is absolutely no way to believe one and not the other without contradicting yourself.

I and my Father are one. (John 10:30)

Christian claim
>Your body is the temple of God
>The kingdom of God is within you

Atheist claim
>Your body is the temple of null
>The kingdom of null is within you
You can see it in architecture. Is a building built to honor null or is it built to honor God?

Atheists are our sadducees. They worship the altar. They are missing the point.

Christian atheists are the most based of atheists.

>hello, I reject claims to divinity and a belief in an omnipotent and omniscient metaphysical being. Despite this, the example set by Jesus the Christ in the Gospel is one worth following
>enter proddy
>hurrr but you can't be follower of crest if you no believe in god because the Bible says so

>god
>God

youtu.be/8ZUlq0lil1w

I think the vocation of the minister requires that you profess belief, but OPs question about the individual's need to believe is a different matter.

I think OP could find compromise, say, in the Anglican tradition, where the performance of sacraments is, in the day-to-day sense, of greater importance than belief or intellectual assent to a certain proposition. Or maybe the Anabaptists, where the contribution to the community is of greater importance. A strong Calvinism also wouldn't care about your belief, since your election is unknown to you, right? So believe or not and let (not-)God sort it out.

>hello, I reject claims to divinity and a belief in an omnipotent and omniscient metaphysical being
Jesus claimed he was God. Therefore, to suggest he is not God is to imply that Jesus is a liar. If Jesus was a liar, he would then be a hypocrite for detesting them (John 8:44).
>the example set by Jesus the Christ in the Gospel is one worth following
By your own admission, (assuming you are a "Christian" Atheist) you wish to live as a hypocrite.

God will bend his wrath on you and it will be terrible. You're going to Hell.

You're a fucking idiot, holy shit wake the fuck up.

No. At most you can be a Chris or perhaps a Christie in some jurisdictions.

>Can I take cocks up the arse without being a faggot?
No, faggot.

Best answer. This guy gets it.

You can follow the ethic and moral principles of Christianity, but if you don't believe in god you are atheist or agnostic, just with a conservative moral compass.