Why do you all mock flat earthers? What we claim is not that far fetched. Just think about it. Give us a chance...

Why do you all mock flat earthers? What we claim is not that far fetched. Just think about it. Give us a chance. Most people here think global warming is a myth. The same people who claim global warming is true are the same people who claim the earth is round. Why do you all believe the government's word on the shape of the earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NwOO6NuBLdM
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=flat earth,/m/032dv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(You)

>Why do you all mock flat earthers?

because collectively I don't think their IQ even reaches 60.

For me its more about my own personal intuition. It feels fucking stupid to imagine the earth as a floating coin in space. As well as other planets being floating coins in space.

You're so boring.

>Why do you all believe the government's word on the shape of the earth?
I don't. I trust the fact that I was born in Detroit and have personally traveled to every hemisphere and collectively I have circumnavigated the globe through various means of travel and not once felt the slightest concern about falling off the edge of the world.
Also you can prove the earth is a sphere by direct observation. So maintaining anything else is willfull and deliberate ignorance.

What is an orbit if NASA is lying? Where does the ISS go? Where do satellites live?

I will never take flat earthers seriously until they explain how the south celestial pole could work in their model. No one has been able to do it.

>how do lens work
>lol I don't know.

I'm sure they can sit at home in their chairs and argue to you through their apple gear until they are blue in the face.

That's why they claim the south pole doesn't even exist.

They back up their claim by the fact that the south pole can only be visited by people that are allowed to go there, which is controlled by (((them))).
Just wake up already

If the earth is flat, then explain
>how and why every country's space program since the 50s was hoaxed
>how gps and satellite communications work
>why the moon and venus visibly go through phases

Unironically kill yourself

But still, I haven't heard an explanation for why are the stars different in southern hemisphere and seem to circumvent the "south pole" in the same way as they do in the northern hemisphere.

Same reason the earth looks not flat when you look out of an airplane window, (((projections)))

Flatlers are so far up their own ass they don't care about your (((evidence))), only their retarded belief that everyone is too stupid to realize how smart they are.

Dank meme OP

>What we claim is not that far fetched.
>we

There is no 'we'.

Visiting the South Pole is very dangerous.
You could cut yourself badly crossing the Equator. It's razor sharp.

>Most people here think global warming is a myth.

also look at a sea (if your flyover has one lol)

They deserve to be mocked.

>>how and why every country's space program since the 50s was hoaxed
I honestly don't know how or even exactly how much was hoax and how much wasn't. It's vert clearly a monumental effort. As for why I'm not totally sure either I imagine it would require an understanding of a something that's being kept from us but that they know.
>>how gps and satellite communications work
Triangulation mostly. That's not even a conspiracy theory, just a fact.
>>why the moon and venus visibly go through phases
Why shouldn't They?

>Visiting the South Pole is very dangerous.
You don't need to go to the south pole you goof, just the southern hemisphere.
Just like you don't need to be in the arctic to see polaris.

>Why shouldn't They?
They should. But how does your model explain it you?

>Why shouldn't They?
So the earth is flat... But every other planet is asphere?

Not necessarily, I personally don't think I could prove it with 100% certainty one way or the other and I sincerely doubt you could either.

>But how does your model explain it you?
What? How does your model explain it to you? What makes your model correct.

You didn't learn it in school?

I don't understand the point of lying about the earth being round. What purpose would there be in the government lying to us about the shape of the earth?

No and I suspect that you didn't either. They don't teach you why it's correct in school they just say it is and make you repeat it back to them for a test grade.

I'm not sure but there is very clearly some value in it. I imagine yo understand why they are hiding it you'd also have to understand many other things that are being kept from us.

They do teach how it works.

>Study physics throughout all of college and into PhD
>Assemble team of students who all have studied orbital mechanics
>We build a satellite that would orbit Earth only if it were a sphere based on our years of study
>Watch NASA send it to orbit, along with many other groups' projects from around the world
>satellite orbits, sends back data

>some guy on Veeky Forums says "he's not sure" if the Earth is round.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Seems like a lot of effort and coordination just to keep something so trivial secret. Especially when things like hemispheres, how ships disappear from the bottom up when sailing away, and the way shadows work in two different locations at the same time of day all of which was discovered a very long time ago all proves the earth is round. I can understand believing in certain conspiracies but flat earth is not one of them. Assuming you're not just baiting that is

>Take directional antenna
>Aim at specific point in sky
>hear beacon for a few seconds until you need to reaim
>???
How do flat earthers explain this?

Most flat earthers I have talked to doesn't understand what implications the south celestial pole has for their model for if they did they wouldn't be flat earthers. Then you also have a few flat earthers who actually do understand the implication and their solution for the problem is to deny its existence. I don't know if there is a better definition of insanity than that.

>Why do you all mock flat earthers?

Because the flat Earth model is useless at performing even the most basic of predictions. It's all well and good claiming to have the 'true' model, but if it can't even tell us where the Sun is going to be in the sky in 6 hours, nobody's going to care.

>>Study physics throughout all of college and into PhD
>>Assemble team of students who all have studied orbital mechanics
>>We build a satellite that would orbit Earth only if it were a sphere based on our years of study
>>Watch NASA send it to orbit, along with many other groups' projects from around the world
>>satellite orbits, sends back data
When did you do these things? Where's the proof?

>As well as other planets being floating coins in space.
But don't flat-earthers recognise that all the other planets and moons are spheroidal - but for some amazing coincidence, the earth is the only exception?

>south celestial pole
What is that? Or does it just mean south pole in booklearnese?

>something so trivial
What if it's not though?

No it's simple, the thing is that stars are not nearly as far away as you've been lead to believe and you can't see the same dates due to the vanishing point of your eye.

>Most people here think global warming is a myth.
What do you mean by "here", Peasant?

This right here is something I have noticed from a lot of flat earthers. They don't understand the meaning of "celestial pole" and confuse it with geographical pole which are two completely different things (although they are linked together). The celestial poles are the two points in the sky which the stars seem to rotate around. The fact that there are TWO points that are 180° opposite to each other (because Earths rotational axis goes right through both of them) should be enough proof that the Earth is a sphere. The geometry can't work on a flat plane.

Why these threads aren't deleted on sight is beyond me.

Idiot!
You can't get to ANY point in the Southern hemisphere (assuming you're currently in the North) without crossing the equator.

$$$$$$$$

Come on user.

And.

>I personally don't think I could prove it with 100% certainty
Could you conceive of an experiment that might prove or disprove the shape of earth. Even if it's just a theoretical thought experiment?
There's a point where you're not being "skeptical" you're just being deliberately and willfully ignorant, and the fact is the world has too many people who are ignorant enough already, that we don't need more people lumping on the pile because they think being stupid is funny.

>you can't see the same dates due to the vanishing point of your eye.

I have no idea what you just wrote but I'm gonna assume that you meant that the celestial poles seem to move closer to the horizon due to perspective as you move closer to the equator.
Problem is that if it was actually perspective that causes the celestial poles to appear at the horizon as you're standing at equator you would also see the stars around the poles converge into a single point (vanishing point) and we don't see this. The constellations around the poles keep their angular distance and shape. Perspective simply can't be the cause, sorry.

How does it feel that people from the 16th century with literally little astronomical knowledge knew more about astronomy than a modern 21st century faggot with access to the internet and thousands of books to his expenditure

Is there a single board that falls for baits more easily than Veeky Forums?

Literally any satellite out there

Yes, but I don't want to admit to the other boards I visit.

You baited me.
/pol/.

>people from the 16th century
The ancient fucking greeks figured it out with shadows and geometry.

>Why do you all mock flat earthers? What we claim is not that far fetched
>oceanic currents
>magnetic field of earth
>plate tectonics
>newtonian mechanics
>discard all of that and more without an alternative, the bible says so lmao
>NOT TOO FAR FETCHED
I wish I could shot you in the face, OP

I know for a fact that the earth isn't flat. I DO give you guys a chance. i'm an open minded person and i honestly consider every argument you guys put forward.

However, the flat earth model is an utter failure. The heliocentric model can make extremely accurate predictions and be right, while the flat earth model is unable to predict anything at all.

Have you ever seen a satellite putside of low earth orbit?

people who mass quote deserve to be shot

If you go out and stargaze you will always see satellites move across the sky though they will only appear as a point of light since the eye doesn't have enough angular resolution to see any detail.
Sometimes when the angle between you, it and the sun is perfect you can see them make a big flash. Really neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=NwOO6NuBLdM

>Triangulation mostly. That's not even a conspiracy theory, just a fact.
And how does that triangulation work?
Oh, it's based off of the GPS satellites orbiting a spherical earth? And using those we were even able to determine gravitational effects predicted by general relativity also stating the earth is round? It's almost like the earth might be round, huh?

Fuck off this board with your retardtier "theories".
Btw, if you have a theory, where is the predictive power? All you're trying to do is disprove the earth is round and you fail at every single attempt.

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=flat earth,/m/032dv oh vey they the jig is up

Why is Indonesia the leader in the topic?