Are reading glasses a meme?

Are reading glasses a meme?

Will they mess you up? What strength do you use?

4s

Good for your eyes apparently

Just go to a optician and get proper glasses that are actually made for your eye strength

this.
I'm farsighted so my prescription is weak but it helps quite a bit, especially at the end of the day when my eyes have a hard time focusing on up-close details like letters on a page, but I never noticed because it isn't blurry, just difficult to discern.
if you're a slow reader that might be why.

Glasses fuck up your eyesight, it's a scam and a meme. Get a surgery if you can.

>glasses are a meme, get highly invasive permanent surgery and slice off your cornea to beam in a laser to melt your lens into the right shape

>just roll up all the stairs in your wheelchair instead of getting leg surgery and walking dude
>how do you mean your muscles deteriorate if you literally never walk and sit in a chair all day?

yeah ok

They're not unless you need them. It should be cheap, if not free, to get tested for it (unless you live in the US).

Glasses are a scam only if you buy them in stores. As long as you stick to the internet you can get quality framings for less than 30$, and if you're careful enough they can last decades.

Glasses don't fuck up your eyesight.

Why are you always rising their strength then?

If wearing glasses weakened your eyes then in order to correct your vision doctors would have you do eye exercises.

I hope you know what you just said does not make any sense regarding to eyes.

eye exercises are a thing and they actually strengthen the muscles there and can help

That's bullshit, but I'll believe it.

Eye exercises only help you compensate for the weaknesses of your eyes. It doesn't actually fix your eye deformation. Your eyes will still be tired all the time and your eye sight will get worse over time.

No need for glasses unless you need them.

I have a very slight astigmatism so my vision can be slighly blurred at a distance and it become tiresome to read after a few minutes. Glasses correct my vision. I use them all the time, though I believe I could very well do without them for the most part

the best reading experience can only be achieved with renaissance pince-nez

I just went to my optician three days ago and he said the exact opposite thing of what you just said. Surgery is very expensive, doesn't always give you the exact correction (welp too bad permanent change), and doesn't account for the fact that people's eyesight continues to change over time, and then you'll have to pay several thousand dollars again.

Instead of, you know, just buying a pair of fucking glasses.

I really hope this replaces the fedora within my lifetime.