Read contemporary literature

>read contemporary literature
>its about a cuck
>read one of the most revered classics of western literature Ulysses
>its about a cuck

>he hasn't read Chaucer
m8

ulysses wasn't a cuck, the suitors aren't getting any play with penelope

the threat was always there, not to mention Ulysses was sleeping around, making Penelope a Cuckquean

I thought he meant Leopold Bloom, the ulysses of Dublin. That dude definitely was a cuck.

Literature isn't for men who have it together, its for men trying to get it together.

cuck

With one notable exception

He used math to uncuck himself in ithaca

Now I know I'm right.

Post essential cuckcore

show me a single man in western literature who isn't a cuck

I'm glad someone saved this post.

nobody cucks mack bolan, the executioner

>In each book, Bolan usually has sex with a different woman. He prefers the gutsy type who are not apt to run away when shot at, which explains his deep affection for Querente, federal agent Toby Ranger, and April Rose. In one novel, a woman with whom he was working claimed he liked his women "barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen". Bolan replied, "No, I like them alive".

>not wanting your gf to get plowed by chad and jamal while you're at work is fascist

>the post
>your head

What exactly does this mean? Do you have a link to the original thread?

I was in reply to someone basically saying the same thing as OP, a lot classic literature seems to be about cucks.

circe a qt

no the actual ulysses

who?

Well, could you decipher it for me? I'm a dumbass, I started reading it and got lost.

*It was
Not my post lol.

I guess that being afraid of being cucked is inherently a part of being a man.

damn not circe, calypso

>I guess that being afraid of being cucked is inherently a part of being a man.
cool, thanks.

If fear of cuckoldly reflects masculine anxiety/self-consciousness, how can you then say modern meme obsession with cuckoldry is somehow different, somehow doesn't reflect this basic humanity. It's really just the same old anxiety, just in a much more violent/insecure form, more desperate for stability, which is appropriate given the sort of unhinged society we live in. Why would the desire to suppress this anxiety in this case entail a rejection of self-consciousness? His whole first paragraph argues such a desire, in dramatic struggle, is self-consciousness's very origin.