My mom decided to learn math at 60

My mom decided to learn math at 60.
She was raised extremely traditionally and was a homemaker, so she never learned anything more complex than what you need to pass middle school.
She’s actually been picking up a few things and went from not being able to know how to read x,y coordinates after hours of tutoring to being good at it. She’s also pretty good at log functions
Is not being able to learn math when your old just a meme?
Is there going to be a limit to what she can learn?

seriously fucking why?
does she actually find it fun?

if she's not doing it to get a job, she needs to seriously get a fucking life

Rude.

There's a limit to what everyone can learn, but she won't know where it is until she hits it.

OP here
Don’t u talk about my mama
Yes she’s doing it for fun now fuck right off

>she finds math fun
wow, i bet your bitch ass nerd-mom is the life of the party, huh??

sure is winter break in here nerdlets trying to bully someones mom woah btfo

I know a lof elitists pricks try to pass anything they already learned as easy af, but it not a lie that hs level math is easy af and it only takes a bit of dedication to learn it. Hell, even calculus is really easy and intuitive, though it requires a bit more practice.

Why not try programming? I think it'd be a lot more fun than straight up learning math

What are her goals in learning math? Does she want to learn calculus? Linear algebra? Riemannian geometry? Study Grothiendieck-Riemann-Roch theorems? She could probably learn whatever she wants, but her aspirations will probably affect her limit the most.

would be fun but mommy doesn't even know how to move a pdf to a pendrive nor print it

As far as I know it's hard to even come close to the limits of our brains and memory if there even is one. The most languages spoken by one person is like 70 for example. My grandfather started going to college when he was 58 and he got along just fine. If it's just learning and remembrance, you can do that at any age as long as you don't have some mental illness. Also flash cards are great for training memory.

Teach her python, the language for braindead people

i've read that learning new things can help stave off dementia. it's not a bad idea.

>going to be a limit
no, age makes learning slower but as long as you're healthy there's no limit in practice

This is true.
Haters BTFO

choleric asshole

Come on dude, don't talk about his madre like that, it is disrespectful.

Edgy

>t.highschool math teacher

That’s actually cool, I wish I could talk to my parents about coding, math, or physics.

I'm in school and have a full time job, and I find graph problems fun.

OP here
just asked her, she says she's trying to find out what complex vector bundles admit algebraic structures and that she's onto something BIG

>not finding joy in abstract reasoning

kys my dude

top kek

Everyone should learn and engage in recreational mathematics for the good of our species. Especially old people, who would actually greatly benefit from it in keeping their minds sharp.